CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

28 minutes ago, TeeJaY said:

Nah you're right. Bungie was just a bunch of chubby-faced casuals. 

Okay so being casual doesn't mean you hate competitiveness. People who can't stand being out skilled, or the thought of other people being leagues better than the general population have competitiveness. 

There's a competitive Battlefield experience that I would probably hate, and it's a fun game causally. But seeing what people who are 'competitive Battlefield' players can do will always be entertaining. I've never watched it competitively, but I'm sure there's an audience.

Is strongsiding the thing people did in h3 by looking down so your head couldn’t be hit? 

4 hours ago, Mythik Nick said:

"Sprint makes it too easy to disengage from fights, it needs be removed from the game. Also, strongsiding was frickin' sick, they should bring it back."

:lxthul:

That's on a Ben Shapiro level of stupid as far as arguments go.

Strafing should be removed if you think thrusting should be removed. They are both movements after all.

• Like (+1) 1

I imagine its been talked about already, but I'm pretty sure I saw sprint in halo infinite during the xbox scarlett showcase video.

at 3:55 in this video

Strongsiding was a subtle option you had to stay alive for about 2 more shots.  It didn't make you harder to hit, just not headshots. I'm also pretty sure strongsiding never had the side effect of making maps larger, or weapons easier, or kept you alive when you were wide out in the open, or prohibited lateral and backward map movement due to sprint-required jumps. 

• Like (+1) 9

16 hours ago, Hemlax said:

The only ones that seems to find the right way how to combine real-like and cartoonish styles together are again folks from japan like Kojima and From Software.

I think fromsoft has the best animators in the entire game industry. Something about watching things in that game move is so badass. The quality is superb but the movement is stylized, like you're in a dream.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, xSociety said:

That's on a Ben Shapiro level of stupid as far as arguments go.

Strafing should be removed if you think thrusting should be removed. They are both movements after all.

I'm not equating sprint and strongsiding on every single level. There are obviously a lot of differences. But one of the main complaints about sprint on this forum is that it lets people escape from fights they shouldn't have and makes the game more passive. So it seems weird to me that the same people who make that complaint would find strongsiding to be this really cool aspect of past Halo games when all it did was promote passivity.

• Like (+1) 1

How would you feel about giving one weapon the ability to pick up, carry, and drop metal crates?  A “magnetic melee”  could allow a player to modify the map by rearranging certain moveable objects.  Melee a crate to pick it up, move it, then melee again to drop it.  Block or unblock doorways, create jump ups, or use it as mobile cover against vehicles.

Would this ability fit better as something like equipment or is it too abusable as a concept?  Players can already move crates with melee and explosions, just not very effectively.  Should it stay that way?

1 hour ago, Apoll0 said:

Strongsiding was a subtle option you had to stay alive for about 2 more shots.  It didn't make you harder to hit, just not headshots. I'm also pretty sure strongsiding never had the side effect of making maps larger, or weapons easier, or kept you alive when you were wide out in the open, or prohibited lateral and backward map movement due to sprint-required jumps. 

This. Strongsiding was very niche in its applications, and honestly is one Halo flavored technique that I miss.

7 hours ago, Hemlax said:

Looks more like H4/5 stuff that way imo. Didn't we settled we want the classic artstyle back ? 

The color on the right is much closer to H3 than the one on the left, at least to my eyes.

2 hours ago, Mythik Nick said:

I'm not equating sprint and strongsiding on every single level. There are obviously a lot of differences. But one of the main complaints about sprint on this forum is that it lets people escape from fights they shouldn't have and makes the game more passive. So it seems weird to me that the same people who make that complaint would find strongsiding to be this really cool aspect of past Halo games when all it did was promote passivity.

Strongsiding rarely was super effective, and only worked in the tightest of moments. 

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

How would you feel about giving one weapon the ability to pick up, carry, and drop metal crates?  A “magnetic melee”  could allow a player to modify the map by rearranging certain moveable objects.  Melee a crate to pick it up, move it, then melee again to drop it.  Block or unblock doorways, create jump ups, or use it as mobile cover against vehicles.

Would this ability fit better as something like equipment or is it too abusable as a concept?  Players can already move crates with melee and explosions, just not very effectively.  Should it stay that way?

I tried to mess with the idea a little bit. Like a gravity gun that could pick up projectiles that you could fire, like cones, fusion coils, boxes. The bigger the item the more damage, but you couldn't launch it as far. Like a cone could cross map, but it would do minimal damage if it hit anyone. A bigger box could do massive damage, but you could only "throw" it an extremely short distance. The gravity gun would have a short range blast that would be like a 2-3 shot with a very slow ROF without anything attached. 

I don't like the idea though, I'm not a huge fan of being able block routes and limiting routes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheRealCanadier said:

I imagine its been talked about already, but I'm pretty sure I saw sprint in halo infinite during the xbox scarlett showcase video.

at 3:55 in this video

I see what you mean. That's concerning.

35 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

I see what you mean. That's concerning.

Gears of War 4 footage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 3

3 hours ago, RC_5213 said:

The color on the right is much closer to H3 than the one on the left, at least to my eyes.

I think i didn't express myself here properly. The edit on the right doesn't give me the H3 impression because its dark and gloomy which Halo 3 was anything but. H3 was overally bright and more saturated. If that's ok. We could go much deeper into this but i think you know what i mean.

5 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I think fromsoft has the best animators in the entire game industry. Something about watching things in that game move is so badass. The quality is superb but the movement is stylized, like you're in a dream.

Yes that's exactly what i had in mind.

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Gears of War 4 footage.

...why they showing gears footage when they're talking about halo?

19 minutes ago, Mr Grim said:

...why they showing gears footage when they're talking about halo?

It's a general segment with Xbox devs, I think it just happened to fall at the tail end of Bonnies bit. I instantly recognized it as Gears though, looks like Dam or Dry Dock.

gears-of-war-4-gameplay-trailer.jpggears-of-war-4-gameplay.jpg06-11.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

It's a general segment with Xbox devs, I think it just happened to fall at the tail end of Bonnies bit. I instantly recognized it as Gears though, looks like Dam or Dry Dock.

gears-of-war-4-gameplay-trailer.jpggears-of-war-4-gameplay.jpg06-11.jpg

Wipes sweat from brow

Well that was a close one.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Nokt said:

I'm not a huge fan of being able block routes and limiting routes. 

Look at it like the “base builder” equipment for 1 Flag maps.  You’re defending on Zanzibar.  Two crates are in the base and with the magnet you can set them up however you wish.  Different set ups, different attack/defense strats, dynamic gameplay.  At the same time, a crate can be moved with a grenade and melee so they’re not some impenetrable shield.  Another map could feature crates being mechanically moved overhead that the player can jump up and latch onto, providing him with a unique route.  Not to mention, humans in Infection could use the ability to move crates.  I think there’s a lot of possibilities for something as simple as grabbing a crate.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Look at it like the “base builder” equipment for 1 Flag maps.  You’re defending on Zanzibar.  Two crates are in the base and with the magnet you can set them up however you wish.  Different set ups, different attack/defense strats, dynamic gameplay.  At the same time, a crate can be moved with a grenade and melee so they’re not some impenetrable shield.  Another map could feature crates being mechanically moved overhead that the player can jump up and latch onto, providing him with a unique route.  Not to mention, humans in Infection could use the ability to move crates.  I think there’s a lot of possibilities for something as simple as grabbing a crate.

This sounds interesting in theory, but I fear this would turn into "block the flag stand on Rats Nest with Warthogs" type of cheese. Also if you can actual throw the objects and injure/push other players it encourages lame gameplay like Lucio in OW where people just hug corners next to death pits and push people off the map as they turn the corner. This kind of stuff sounds cool to use but it's a nightmare to play against, counterplay always has to be considered IMO.

I'd love something like this in Firefight or Campaign though. Would be fun to block certain doorways in generator defense and watch the AI throw themselves against it or have to find a way around.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Basu said:

counterplay always has to be considered

Like, say, a weapon with significant knockback that can send the crate blocking the doorway flying back into the base, splattering any defenders in its path?

12 hours ago, Mr Grim said:

Wipes sweat from brow

Well that was a close one.

Hate to break it to you my man but sprint will be in the game in one form or another.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Exidrion said:

Hate to break it to you my man but sprint will be in the game in one form or another.

But they put the classic shield recharge noise back in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Simms (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, NavG123 said:

But they put the classic shield recharge noise back in.

It's honestly baffling how many people continue to get tricked by the two trailers' art style. 343 has pulled similar tricks before. If there are no AAs and sprint then it will be ultimate abilities, wallrunning or some other bullshit. They just can't help but put their OwN SpiN on every new Halo game. 

• Like (+1) 8