CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

It surprises me that The Coalition is able to show us Gears Pop, Gears Tactics, AND some Gears 5 gameplay but we can't even get a glimpse of gameplay for Infinite. Especially since Halo is Xbox's flagship title and 343 is a much bigger studio compared to TC. 

Makes you wonder how far into development they are of the game. 

Halo goes open world - no multiplayer until 2020.

Okay, lets say that happens. What is next?

Halo 5?

MCC?

Revert back to 360 / OG Xbox and take the smash route?

The studio isnt really leaving the esports community in a good position + all of our advocates (Pro team, etc.) have quit. 

I want out of H5. I think a season or mini seasons of classic games leading into H6 would be cool and draw more interest. You could show up and have H3/H2 4v4s H2 FFAs and maybe CE 2v2s if they can fix it on MCC. Using the classic consoles could work too but I think fixing MCC and having modern looking streams is a must for anything that isn't a one off side event as far as production goes. H2A would be cool too if they go the route of adding skins to that game along with enough maps to make a real map pool. If it'll just be three maps though stick to H2 and H3 for that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Doc wants to design a Halo MP lol.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HorribleStupidBibimbapMingLee

There are so many people rooted in the industry that just want to see Halo succeed. This guys got enough of a following to ensure he gets his own skins in PUBG and he's got years of experience designing CoD maps - sign him up.

OT- having gone away and thought about it, if it is 2020 before the next Halo the series will be on absolute life support or will have flatlined. That's not to say that's a bad thing, maybe people need to leave Halo alone for a little while so that it's fresh when it does come back. I know Counter-Strike was getting to that point where 1.6 was naturally exhausted when Global Offensive came out and it was for the best because people were truely ready to accept a new game.

Also having seen the potential for a late 2019 campaign honestly to my mind that's the best way round they could do it. I know we're a multiplayer kind of community but people forget how much of a massive draw the campaign aspect of the games is. If they time the content right, they can wet the appetite before the multiplayer is released and give the game a bit more longevity.

Of course all of this depends on the quality of the product. Nowhere to hide this time around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, whatever the release schedule, content, or gameplay for Infinite is like, the most important thing to come out of the trailer and the post on waypoint that followed it is the fact that there shouldn't be a huge drought of news from here until release. I expect there may be one stretch somewhere between the end of beta testing and the E3 reveal of the full game where we will hear very little but until then I expect we'll receive some sort of new on 343's progress and plans at least once a month. They have become a much more transparent studio recently and if the flighting for Infinite is even half as extensive as it is for MCC, that process alone will be several months of periodic updates and betas. Whether the game turns out good or not, we'll hear more from here on out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll wait as long as you need me to. Just make a good Halo game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also having seen the potential for a late 2019 campaign honestly to my mind that's the best way round they could do it. I know we're a multiplayer kind of community but people forget how much of a massive draw the campaign aspect of the games is. If they time the content right, they can wet the appetite before the multiplayer is released and give the game a bit more longevity.

My problem with this is if the game has a $60 entry fee, your biggest chance to maintain a high population is day one. Every multiplayer kid is going to play multiplayer, whatever. But we have a chance to win over campaign players. If they're done with the game before multiplayer is released, there's a chance they don't jump in which hurts population and hurts the multiplayer experience as a whole.

To me it's not about having to wait lomger for multiplayer, it's that I doubt they'll have as many try multiplayer by staggering releases.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It surprises me that The Coalition is able to show us Gears Pop, Gears Tactics, AND some Gears 5 gameplay but we can't even get a glimpse of gameplay for Infinite. Especially since Halo is Xbox's flagship title and 343 is a much bigger studio compared to TC. 

All their assets and everything are already in UE4.  They only have to create new shit, using the tools they are already familiar with, not create the tools to create the shit they need.

Sounds like the SlipSpace engine is brand new. Creating something like that takes years.  I would not be surprised at all if they started working on it shortly before H5 even launched. Creating that probably set them back by years so i'm honestly not surprised at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'll wait as long as you need me to. Just make a good Halo game.

Agreed, I'll wait till 2020 if it means we get a good Halo, but if I do all that waiting and it's still bad... Well time will tell.

I agree, Im one of those people who will wait for however long is needed as long as we have a 100% working game on launch. Im sick of publishers releasing half working games to the public.

Exactly right. 343 especially has suffered from rushed game launches. 2020 seems really far off, but if it means a good Halo game and a smooth launch, I'm fine with it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If the game has sprint in.. I'll buy it at a discount if it has a good campaign.

And in terms of good, I don't mean Halo 4... Halo 4's campaign was not good at all. The level design and gameplay was horrendous but forgivable, I was playing pretty much for the story, and that too was a letdown. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So they're releasing the game without core features again? Lol. And this time it's the entire mp. Remember when all we had to complain about was the lack of btb at launch?

I don't really buy into what that guys says. He wasn't actually even right about the name. Just close.

Not even a crazy guess either. I bet a lot of people could have guessed Infinite or Infinity as the subtitle. 

Not even a crazy guess either. I bet a lot of people could have guessed Infinite or Infinity as the subtitle. 

We're also ignoring the possibility that 343 named the game after that leak.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hey at least I could find games in H4, to this day I have to wait 15 minutes to find a game in MCC

Really?

Doesn't take more than a minute or two on Team Slayer for me.

I agree, Im one of those people who will wait for however long is needed as long as we have a 100% working game on launch. Im sick of publishers releasing half working games to the public.

while thats true, we can't have this game take another 2-3 years to launch. unless the mcc rework will finish soon and can hold the series until then, most halo fans will just move on. all i can hope is that they basically scrapped the initial plan for h6 to have the same abilities and features of h5 and are moving to a more classic style game that can bring the fans back. lord knows that most gamers would be all over halo if it gave them that same feel as the original trilogy. i can only hope that 343 can deliver

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really?

Doesn't take more than a minute or two on Team Slayer for me.

The rest of the world got massively fucked. We (LATAM) got a massive middle finger both in MCC and Halo 5. I can't imagine Australia and New Zealand.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 have already categorically stated in the past that enhanced mobility is here to stay.  I had to say this because you fanboys become delusional every time E3 comes around.  It's like you guys take a line of coke and forget every one of 343's egregious decisions.

Time come back down to earth, this game WILL be trash.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

343 have already categorically stated in the past that enhanced mobility is here to stay.  I had to say this because you fanboys become delusional every time E3 comes around.  It's like you guys take a line of coke and forget every one of 343's egregious decisions.

Time come back down to earth, this game WILL be trash.

I try to stay away from this until they show me something to prove it. I'm also a little hopeful just because of the MCC Insider builds and how they've directly responded to concerns quickly with that and that they've admitted the older art style is the look Halo needs. I feel like if you can get the artists to admit something like that and turn in a more Halo 3 looking direction anything can happen. To be clear though I fully expect sprint etc until I see otherwise and I think I'm okay with changes as long as they respond to feedback and concerns to make the mechanics of the game work well. I do think Halo Reach, 4, and 5 are trash. I would prefer they start from a base Halo 2/Halo 3 set of abilities and expose testers to things like thrust or sprint slowly to figure out how to actually implement new things without destroying the game. The big thing is that they just have to learn to kill ideas when they're not going well

Honest it’s time for 343 to kill off Master Chief. It’s time for something new

and this is how you actually destroy the franchise lol

Regarding the prospect of Halo Infinite being open world, it can work. This isn't the first time an entree in a series of subsequently linear games has gone open world to stellar results (Witcher 3, MGSV, BotW, etc), the first one holding the world record for the most GOTY awards. It can obviously go wrong, sure, but let's not act like an open world design will spell doom for the series. And quite frankly, at this point I don't give a shit. Whatever works.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't think im being "needlessly angry". This company has only delivered amateur products since they took over the franchise. I don't expect this one to be any better, that's all. Who knows I may be wrong but I doubt it due to their track record. 

MCC still not being fixed is enough reason for me to believe that. 343 loves to inspire false hope in Halo fans and blatantly lie to our faces. I have 0 trust in them.

They are in denial. They think just because they see Chief's classic helmet return means that they are returning to classic Halo. That's just a marketing ploy to fool the veterans. I bet this Halo game will have some classic elements return but still be completely different like how Halo 5 was by giving us shit that we never asked for or needed in the first place.

You can think whatever the fuck you want and have your expectations, that's fine, but attacking the company or people who hold out hope for them or may defend them for whatever reason isn't the right thing to do. You're literally alienating anybody you're trying to communicate to by saying things you may not agree with make them naive. Or by generalizing every single product 343i's made as amateur, which is hilariously disingenuous and is just a gigantic generalization, without actually explaining how they are. Granted, that may very well be your intent, or you just don't care about a counter response. Just saying, it's stupid, either way, and you're entirely being, or at least coming off as needlessly angry. Because you're making a bunch of simplistic flimsy statements that either attack a group, or don't actually have any proper critique and weight to them. I know this isn't necessarily the place to dialogue off about things, but if you're gonna go on a tangent, you may as well actually support yourself with it. And get that ball of conversation rolling. Over calling defenders apologists and the company behind them amateurs.

Just to add to it, below you're accusing 343i of loving to just raise false hope in people and lie to them. Like, do you understand that even for hyperbole's sake, that's a really stupid thing to say? When you're that sort of position at that company, I doubt anyone wakes up with the intentions or love of harming other's time with a franchise that is undoubtedly cherished by millions. They may have a different perspective with where it should go, and that's a partial issue based on perspective entirely, but damn. I don't think there's a single person who benefits from, or enjoys lying to, or raising false hope in others. In spite of their past issues, I doubt shit like MCC was a malicious stunt, and more so a stunt for a company who just fumbled hard, and had heads who panicked in spite of what the larger collective may have wanted. We'll never know, or at least, I doubt we will, but the idea that this company is a malicious one, out to get you and your favorite franchise and by proxy, the fans is just childish. Have 0 trust or faith in them all you want. But at least make a good argument for it.

Let's also not forget that the Xbone is still an outdated piece of shit so no matter how good this engine is the game will look and run like ass.

Except Gears of War 4 runs on this shit hardware and looks and runs flawlessly. It's a beautiful fucking game, and a good one at that. So, disagree.

To all you who neg me and don't actually challenge what I say, stop hiding behind a rep system and mob mentality. If you actually think I'm wrong, or disagree, speak to me. To my face. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6