CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I can't believe we didn't at least get a Halo 3 remaster this year to hold us over. Like do you expect us to keep playing that trash Halo 5? The fact that 343 is making us play a BAD game for 5 years straight shows that they are proud of what they have created. I fully expect Halo Infinite to be a failure at this rate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The coalition is about to ship two full gears of war games before we even see gameplay for infinite. Just think about that for a second. 

Hopefully we get something later today. Because we still have no release date for MCC on pc either. This company man... 

50 minutes ago, Avenger said:

I can't believe we didn't at least get a Halo 3 remaster this year to hold us over. Like do you expect us to keep playing that trash Halo 5? The fact that 343 is making us play a BAD game for 5 years straight shows that they are proud of what they have created. I fully expect Halo Infinite to be a failure at this rate.

They expect us to play MCC and pc halo. Most people are cool with that. Maybe not you if you hate reach(TU) 

11 hours ago, Shekkles said:

I'd be 100% ok with that if it meant none of it is in standard multiplayer. However i would accept thruster pack as a pickup but it changes you spartan's aesthetic so it's super obvious a player has it (like how Overshield is super obvious)

As I was thinking about this, it wouldn’t work with Halo’s traditional linear campaign where you can go back and play things out of order since it would feel weird to suddenly lose access to abilities, but it could work in a more open world game. In the H4’s GDC postmortem, Josh Holmes said they wanted Chief to transform to have all these Forerunner abilities so the game felt completely different for the last few levels, essentially adding mechanics like Metroid but all at once.

My actual prediction is the return of classic movement + sprint as well as armor abilities. Warzone/Firefight/Invasion have loadouts while Arena modes have armor ability pickups. For better or for worse.

Probably open world to a degree. Which I don't really care for honestly.

• Like (+1) 1

We really didn't learn anything from that trailer. We already knew they were going back to the old artstyle. I guess we got to hear the old shield sound again? :lxthul:

Just a friendly reminder you have to rebuy all the MCC games for PC or have gamepass when the console version of MCC is still a mess

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Thonking (+0) 1

3 hours ago, Avenger said:

I think it speaks more to the fact that h5 and the backlash from that got them basically scrambling to salvage the fanbase and story and maybe put a halt on whatever direction they were trying to pursue

MCC being the game that holds us over until the next mainline halo game AGAIN is honestly hilarious, they’re relaunching the game 5 years later

• Like (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bethesda is doing the same thing with fallout 76. The game was a complete shit show but of course now they're making a big deal of the RELAUNCH ON STEAM.

It's to recover losses.

3 hours ago, Avenger said:

As soon as 343 went back to updating MCC I had doubts about H3A (more than the doubts I already had). The rumors about adding Reach and/or MCC coming to PC basically had me stop thinking about H3A, and the confirmation just ended it completely. 

No way they would spend the time to update that mess if they were going to give us H3A to hold us over until Infinite. 

8 minutes ago, Destroyaaa said:

There's gonna be crossplay between Xbox one, Scarlet, and PC right?

All we know is we have Chief, a Pelican, a Halo, and Cortana. I don't think cross play between console and PC is at the top of (almost) anyone's thoughts. I'd imagine crossplay between Xbox One and Scarlet will be a yes. If it's not, then everything Microsoft has said about "no more generations" "forward and backward compatible" would be a lie.

• Like (+1) 3

k899gts5kh331.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Whoever the material artists at 343 are need to readdress this.  When I saw the helmet reveal last year I remember thinking instinctively that it was from Installation 01 or some other fan game.  It looked soft and unfinished, which I attributed to them rushing a trailer out.

Now I'm seeing that this is the actual art direction for chief.  Totally missing the sheen and reflectivity it needs to convey metal. Looks like an action figure right now. They also made the proportions of his body more proper as they did in H4/5 so his legs are much bigger than they used to be.  I'd take the more stylized proportions as before.  Some redesigns on the shoulder and stomach area.  And his forearms are bigger than his biceps.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Bigger legs makes sense, chief having a thigh gap is kinda weird lol. Agree on the material though, looks like plastic.

Still wish the lights above his knees worked. Everyone forgets those are there it seems.

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

k899gts5kh331.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Whoever the material artists at 343 are need to readdress this.  When I saw the helmet reveal last year I remember thinking instinctively that it was from Installation 01 or some other fan game.  It looked soft and unfinished, which I attributed to them rushing a trailer out.

Now I'm seeing that this is the actual art direction for chief.  Totally missing the sheen and reflectivity it needs to convey metal. Looks like an action figure right now. They also made the proportions of his body more proper as they did in H4/5 so his legs are much bigger than they used to be.  I'd take the more stylized proportions as before.  Some redesigns on the shoulder and stomach area.  And his forearms are bigger than his biceps.  I can live with the 117 lettering but, otherwise looks pretty amateur.

I find it funny you think H3 Chief looks metal, lol. He looks like a Transformer toy suffering from GPS. Especially around the shoulder and forearm. It looks so much like molded plastic with some metallic paint under a harsh light. Would say it's the result of a poor CG model, which it half is, but it also happens to carry over in-game. 

Second, the lighting you're comparing entirely differs from the two comparisons of H2A/H3. Just look below. You can see the paint chafing, betraying a metallic gray base, the softness of the light on the armor makes it properly dull, matte, over a glowing green, and actual softness comes from the rubbery techsuit. It's all a matter of lighting. As far as this stillframe goes, it looks very much akin to an in-engine H2A Chief, and easily denotes the fact it's pure metal. Which is a-okay. Conveying metal isn't done just by sheen and reflection, and generally shouldn't be in this sense. You can convey it by how it looks when it's worn down, even if you're using dark shades like black. And they do that just fine by graying out the edges of the armor, especially bicep pieces.

Furthermore, yeah, of course his forearms look bigger than his biceps. That's anatomy, let alone what armor will do to you. That isn't exactly a new thing.

TL;DR: Looks fine, dude.

r09GIlq.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Fire (+1) 2

One thing I noticed with the UNSC guy is that his face changes throughout the trailer. In the beginning he's pretty clean-shaven, but after the hologram with his family goes out, he's rocking a full beard with longer hair. This happens despite the fact that it was all one continuous shot. Really goes to show the passage of time. He's probably been there for years.

I really liked the trailer, it felt classic like this came after H3, the music was great, the one liner was epic. I’m so hyped 

Chris Lee talking about Infinite now - probably only campaign rn

14 minutes ago, SpitFlame said:

One thing I noticed with the UNSC guy is that his face changes throughout the trailer. In the beginning he's pretty clean-shaven, but after the hologram with his family goes out, he's rocking a full beard with longer hair. This happens despite the fact that it was all one continuous shot. Really goes to show the passage of time. He's probably been there for years.

Unless hes got some way of shaving and cutting his own hair its probably more along the lines of a year at most. Not sure if they really care that much though and just used it as a way of saying some time did pass rather than trying to portray roughly about how much time. For people trying to figure out the lore and setting of the game though it could be an interesting question that someone at 343 may be willing to answer

Chief seems to have been downgraded from GEN II. Conjecture of course, but methinks it has to do with Halo Infinite's hinted 'RPG-like systems'. I honestly don't see where any thrusters would be. This game probably has you actively upgrade Chief's armor and 'abilities' throughout the SP.

5 hours ago, Destroyaaa said:

There's gonna be crossplay between Xbox one, Scarlet, and PC right?

Yes.