CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

11 minutes ago, Basu said:

Why do I keep watching the E3 Xbox conference it's nothing but cringe attempts at woke marketing and CGI trailers void of substance. Trailer was alright but again tells us nothing we didn't already know just like last year. I hope the game actually focuses on Chief unlike H5 with boring-ass locke and all these cameo characters that did nothing of relevance. Cortana needs to die in Infinite, you can't have fucking four games in a row focused on her dying without going through with it.

Doesn't even have to die really they just need to resolve that whole situation. Putting us in a situation to kill Cortana off was probably a mistake from the beginning. As much as bungie/343 wanted chief to just reflect the player via not talking much the masses just don't care about Halo without those two

Definitely getting that elite V2 controller. Been wanting a controller that lets me customize stick tension. I know of Cinch and beaver customs but in order to get other features it’ll cost me 200+ this is 170

I don’t think I could ever bring myself to spend $170 on a controller.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Fire (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I don’t think I could ever bring myself to spend $170 on a controller.

Ever bought a scuf? Them not showing GP actually makes sense considering it’s a year away. Come on what game studio shows GP when a games releasing a year later(mostly none, some have but most no) .  Damn 5 years after their previous game.

Looking at the trailer again he says they lost. Does this mean Cortana launched a halo ring. The year in chiefs helm said 2561(years after h5). I hope the flood return. 

How do you work on a game for nearly 5 years and not have any gameplay ready to show? We’re not even sure if it’s still a FPS at this point. Must be utter chaos at 343, maybe they couldn’t figure out what fad to chase this go around. Well here’s to another year with absolutely no information about a game half a decade in development. 

• Like (+1) 8

You don't get to do a teaser two E3's in a row. Poor marketing

• Like (+1) 5

Did you see that Gears of War Escape gamemode?  Too bad 343 never did anything like that for Halo with the Flood.

I wonder where this came from - that wasnt gameplay clearly?

New trailer was still solid though, wanted gameplay but I wasnt really expecting it.

• Fire (+1) 2

I’m glad we wasted 8 years of their previous direction for them to now call it a spiritual reboot and go back to how it was always supposed to be LOL

• Like (+1) 5

Haven't been here for a while.

I really hope they are pretending halo 4 and halo 5 never happened. 

And I'm begging for it to be no sprint, or like its kept in custom games, or it has one gamemode where there's sprint involved. 

Halo really doesn't feel like halo with it. 

• Like (+1) 3

Why did everything look like dough? You know what I mean? :thinking:

22 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

How do you work on a game for nearly 5 years and not have any gameplay ready to show? We’re not even sure if it’s still a FPS at this point. Must be utter chaos at 343, maybe they couldn’t figure out what fad to chase this go around. Well here’s to another year with absolutely no information about a game half a decade in development. 

They've been working on the new  engine until a year or two ago so they haven't really been "working on the game for 5 years."

December 2020 release means a public beta on PC for summer 2020 (announced at E3 next year) which means gameplay is shown at Pax East at the latest.

2 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

They've been working on the new  engine until a year or two ago so they haven't really been "working on the game for 5 years."

Ok but *nothing*? Not even a vertical slice that gives players basic impression of your game: it's gameplay, it's music, it's world?

I dunno, it stinks of deliberately hiding the gameplay because its:

A) It's advanced mobility/sprint and they know it will split the community a year and a half from launch.

B) it's classic gameplay and their worried it will upset advanced mobility fans a year and a half from launch. (Fat chance but it would be a pleasant surprise)

C) They still have little idea what it's gonna play like yet a year and a half from launch.

13 minutes ago, ripharambe said:

That’s not how it works man. You don’t have artist, level designers, gameplay leads and animators sit around and do nothing while the engine is being built. 

The beta has to happen early next year with the flighting happening even earlier. They have a playable build, they just chose not to show it. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kell Of Scots said:

Ok but *nothing*? Not even a vertical slice that gives players basic impression of your game: it's gameplay, it's music, it's world?

I dunno, it stinks of deliberately hiding the gameplay because its:

A) It's advanced mobility/sprint and they know it will split the community a year and a half from launch.

B) it's classic gameplay and their worried it will upset advanced mobility fans a year and a half from launch. (Fat chance but it would be a pleasant surprise)

C) They still have little idea what it's gonna play like yet a year and a half from launch.

Looking at waypoint there’s a lot of frustration in there over no GP. I wasn’t expecting Gameplay like MP, I was expecting at best something like h4s campaign GP intro.

At this point i dont care when they show ganeplay/relase the game. 

But it almost look like its a Halo 3 follow up.  Interested to see what comes out of it.

2 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

That’s not how it works man. You don’t have artist, level designers, gameplay leads and animators sit around and do nothing while the engine is being built. 

The beta has to happen early next year with the flighting happening even earlier. They have a playable build, they just chose not to show it. 

Those level designers have to be able to work on that engine remember? They can’t just work on the current engine and transfer their work to the completely new engine. It’s not an engine modification. This is like taking reach(blam engine) and putting it on unreal engine 4. It can’t be done or I’m very sure it be a lot more difficult than it’s worth. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spiritual reboot. Perfect opportunity to remove all the nonsense that was added to the franchise over the years. The OG armor should be an indicator of this, hopefully. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

It did kinda irk me when they opened by mentioning the positive things reviewers said about CE.  Staying true to what gave that game that review hasn’t seemed to be their concern.

• Like (+1) 1

His armor looks similar to the h2A cutscenes.

40 minutes ago, Joseph said:

I wonder where this came from - that wasnt gameplay clearly?

New trailer was still solid though, wanted gameplay but I wasnt really expecting it.

These program directors take engine footage as gameplay. This really needs to change tbh. 

It has just occurred to me that this trailer is basically aping from Infinity Wars trailers where the Guardians discover Thor.

Now I'm mildly peeved at yet another instance of 343 directly pinching marketing ideas from marvel movies.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Those level designers have to be able to work on that engine remember? They can’t just work on the current engine and transfer their work to the completely new engine. It’s not an engine modification. This is like taking reach(blam engine) and putting it on unreal engine 4. It can’t be done or I’m very sure it be a lot more difficult than it’s worth. 

I’m not saying that. I don’t know what type of pipeline they’re on and I don’t pretend to know. But what I do know is that those designers are absolutely working on something. We’re talking about having a job 101 here. Do you honestly believe that over half the studio has been dicking around doing nothing for years?

I’ve never been a fan of secrecy in halo development. Halos developers have been doing this for years to create artificial hype. They purposely starve the fan base of any information robbing them the chance to give actual viable feedback.

By the time we finally see the game, every major design decision will be set in stone with no time for reversal. Had we seen the potential horrific garbage that’ll be in the game in this years presentation, maybe that’ll be enough time to convince 343 to change course. But now it looks like we get what we get, E3 2020 is no where near enough time. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Stoppabl3 said:

I’m not saying that. I don’t know what type of pipeline they’re on and I don’t pretend to know. But what I do know is that those designers are absolutely working on something. We’re talking about having a job 101 here. Do you honestly believe that over half the studio has been dicking around doing nothing for years?

I’ve never been a fan of secrecy in halo development. Halos developers have been doing this for years to create artificial hype. They purposely starve the fan base of any information robbing them the chance to give actual viable feedback.

By the time we finally see the game, every major design decision will be set in stone with no time for reversal. Had we seen the potential horrific garbage that’ll be in the game in this years presentation, maybe that’ll be enough time to convince 343 to change course. But now it looks like we get what we get, E3 2020 is no where near enough time. 

When have they listened before? We wouldn't have changed anything. 343 isn't doing this because they're worried about scaring off people who dislike advanced mobility. Most of those people have left or like me will continue to play and try their best to ignore it (usually failing). I don't know why they didn't show it but I do know they haven't had 5 years to develop the next game. You can't just hit a big red button and transfer everything from the old engine to the new one.