CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

2 hours ago, Boyo said:

Effectiveness of infantry movement in BTB is a function of map design, not a result of advanced movement.

It doesn’t matter numbnuts. Big maps are needed with sprint. Small maps aren’t. Valhalla and blood gulch are a thousand times better with sprint. Stop trying act like you can find ways to make it so it’s not needed. Your only solution is teleporters and man cannons, oh fun fact those maps have just that! BTB is not a place for non sprint simply because map designed left room with vehicle play dominant in mind. 

• Downvote (-1) 4
  • WutFace (+0) 1

I expect nothing tomorrow but somehow I'll still be disappointed.

I bet it's some hybrid of fortnite, apex legends, and splitgate because that's what we got with halo4 and halo5, no reason to expect anything different 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Arlong said:

It doesn’t matter numbnuts. Big maps are needed with sprint. Small maps aren’t. Valhalla and blood gulch are a thousand times better with sprint. Stop trying act like you can find ways to make it so it’s not needed. Your only solution is teleporters and man cannons, oh fun fact those maps have just that! BTB is not a place for non sprint simply because map designed left room with vehicle play dominant in mind. 

hard disagree. btb is ruined by sprint more than 4v4 lmao. just with ur example. valhalla. Throw sprint on valhalla and now you could have to kill the same person twice running the flag from base to base instead of just once on no sprint. sprint doesn't make them better maps, it makes those 2 worse. 

ok bg is just a shit map. 

sandbox, rats nest, collosus, zanzibar/last resort, exile, standoff, rat race, hang em, valhalla aren't exactly big maps. like big maps are shit you see on ce pc, like infinity and death island. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm just going to swallow my expectations and hope for the best. Deep down this may be the final nail in the coffin and if I don't have Halo in my life, it isn't my life anymore. There isn't another game that is like Halo. There can be rip offs and clones like splitgate. But it will never be the same

I don't even know what the hell I'm expecting for the press conference. Even though I don't want it (at least for 2v2, 4v4, etc), I'm absolutely expecting sprint.

I also expecting Warden Eternal 3.0 with Rocket Launchers and teleportation for Chief and wall running. :laughing:

Sprint affects all levels of map design, including BTB. I want it gone. BTB maps are catered towards vehicles, so fucking DUH if walking out in the open leaves you wide open, especially if you made a decision to avoid taking any of the numerous infantry based routes. Sprint isn't needed in BTB anymore than it is in 4v4. Mancannons, teleporters, and vehicles are all that is necessary to navigate BTB maps.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Arlong said:

343 has never once admitted sprint is bad for halo or even close to why halos dislikes of today. Screw you for thinking we’re wrong because we KNOW sprints in infinite. Anyone with the education level passed the 5TH grade KNOWS sprints in infinite! 

Everything about this post is funny, but you didn't intend it to be.

• Like (+1) 4

In the case of Valhalla, isn't the reason why both bases have several Mongooses assumingly so players can traverse the map quickly off spawn? Or even in past games, why we have man cannons or teleporters? Sprint in BTB sorta undermines the idea that players have to either take a predictable route to traverse the map faster, or need to take a limited resource like a vehicle that has no offensive capabilities.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Apoll0 said:

Sorry double post.  I'm out of practice.  But yeah... here is the GDC presentation. Really should watch the whole thing there are a lot of "wtf" moments in there, particularly when running through the pros and cons of each ability.

https://youtu.be/KcmJ4ASWDdc?t=876

edit: change to link so it would actually start at the timestamp

That single quote is so fucking telling.

1) Why was descope a contentious discussion... If that discussion was contentious, there is a huge problem with who is making your design decisions.

2) Maybe they are aware, but publicly they totally ignored all the other shit sprint does like stretch maps and make weapons easier.

3) It tells me they were still trying to make a game that feels similar to other games, instead of trying to make a unique halo game.

That GDC talk is the epitome of pain.

My personal favourite part is when they say they cut double jump for breaking Halo even though in theory double jump is the least detrimental ability they came up with that they could add to Halo if done correctly.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I for one am optimistic about the words "spiritual reboot" , how much effort is being put into MCC, the Halo 3 tournaments and Reach having ZBNS when added to MCC.

AR and some abilities removed from H5 competitive play are good signs too. I expect sprint to still be in there but I am sure it's negatives will be mitigated even more than they were in H5. Of course I would jump for joy if Sprint wasn't there oh god, dreams are free.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just hyped because somehow this time its different for me. If its a great classic FPS I'll play and if its shit then I'm done with 343 forever. Either way I'm free from the bs we've been dealing with for a decade at this point. I suppose I already am and going back and really just playing MCC and dropping H5 entirely is maybe what caused the perspective shift 

• Like (+1) 1

Halo is the only franchise I have consistently purchased and followed since I got my 360 all the way back in ‘08. If this game doesn’t deliver, I’m pretty much done with gaming, period. I bought my 360 for Halo 3 and I bought my Xbone for MCC.

No other game has brought the same amount of fond memories and raw memories like Halo has, whether it was playing with strangers online or playing 4-player splitscreen with some friends.

I haven’t been hyped for a CoD game in some years, and most single player games are only fun for a few weeks, so I can never justify the purchase to myself and therefore can’t really get hyped for them. To me, Halo is gaming, and for almost a decade it has been nothing but disappointment. And I’m getting real tired of it, as many of you are. 

My fingers are crossed for something to look forward to today, but I would be straight stupid to hold my breath.  

• Like (+1) 1

For those who say they will move on, you had better be true to that statement. The minute you see sprint, abilities, or whatever, you better just stick with the MCC and whatever games on PC you would actually like. Don't come crawling back like an addict, this isn't nicotine or cocaine.

• Like (+1) 2

Here is what I would like to see:

Repurpose the Reload and Scope buttons on weapons that do not utilize those functions.

Add a class of items that are activated by pressing Jump while airborne.

Add a class of Equipment/Armor Ability items that are activated by their own dedicated button.

Give backsmacks unique benefits.

Increase map interactivity.

Add unique turrets, vehicles, and projectile effects.

Add unique gametypes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not posted in a long time but thought I’d pop on to contribute leading up to E3. 

Stay positive guys. You never know what’s gonna happen because it hasn’t happened yet. 

I haven’t paid much attention to the gaming world in a long while so I might be talking nonsense, but I don’t think things are like they were when Halo 4 and 5 were released in terms of gamers expecting all FPS games to be COD clones (or developers thinking gamers expected them to be). So I’m not too worried about that being a problem. I think there will be more freedom in their eyes to be different these days. 

People are of course worried about Halo Infinite multiplayer being a clone of Fornite etc. with battle royale, but to my mind that would be one game mode, rather than a bunch of mechanics affecting the entire multiplayer negatively. Unless I’m wrong? I don’t know. 

Anyway just see what happens. I’m feeling pretty optimistic. I haven’t played much Halo multiplayer in years due to not being massively into what they’ve done with it, but I’ve personally loved their campaigns, so if that happens again this time around then I’ll just continue not playing the multiplayer. 😄 No sweat! Life goes on.

yall know this is going to be shit if HF is making a video like this hours before e3. Basically 343 wants to make the game friendly for those who weren’t interested in halo before, or those who’ve never played halo in general.

22 minutes ago, Arlong said:

yall know this is going to be shit if HF is making a video like this hours before e3. Basically 343 wants to make the game friendly for those who weren’t interested in halo before, or those who’ve never played halo in general.

I see nothing bad or surprising here

Also, I’m very confused. I’m sure I remember Halofollower being very pro sprint and pro 343’s multiplayer back in the day, not like how he comes across in this video. 😅 Very random. 

It's 2019 and HaloFollower still has an audience. How? Dude is a massive tool.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This place is looking like Halo Fans Anonymous right now lmao

• Like (+1) 2
  • Simms (+1) 1

I can't say I won't buy the game if Sprint is present in some form.  I simply won't buy Halo 6 if it still has traditional "press a button and go zoom" across every mode.  If they move to momentum based system, or have it be only in 8v8 and larger modes or something like that I'll give it a shot. Something that at the very least allows arena maps to actually be arena sized and let's you navigate the map in any direction without putting your gun down.  

What im looking for is more nuance in the game design.  5 second Slayer, 10 second objective respawns. Automatic weapons that aren't just mindless bullet hoses.  Hitboxes that don't make anything from the sternum up count as a headshot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Upvote (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Basu said:

It's 2019 and HaloFollower still has an audience. How? Dude is a massive tool.

I won’t deny he kinda is, he makes a lot of clickbait videos, or makes videos that should be 1:00 long at best but because of YouTube’s policy video needs to be 10 minutes or more to make $.

1 hour ago, Jazzii Man said:

I see nothing bad or surprising here

Also, I’m very confused. I’m sure I remember Halofollower being very pro sprint and pro 343’s multiplayer back in the day, not like how he comes across in this video. 😅 Very random. 

I’ve been following him for a while and he’s been making continuous videos of wanting a more classic style halo, more like h3, and has basically convinced himself 343 is going the classic route. The problem is he’s only justified his belief in this due to 343 going back to the old artstyle. This isn’t a bad thought process in all honesty, it’s just that 343 hasn’t said a thing about halo 6’s gameplay, and in a few hours we will find out.(probably)

343 is no doubt showing at best a trailer. You don’t have a teaser the previous year, and then show nothing the next year no game company has ever done that and that’s not going to change. 

Lmao if M$ is smart they’ll show halo infinite LAST so people stay in the stream😂😂. I guess gears of war fans will stay.

I hope we see some sort of mobile base like the Elephant.  I feel like that was a good example of a “gimmick” done well.

To evolve the idea, the mobile base could dock at certain parts of the map.  Different doors, ramps, or gravity lifts would open depending on which area it was docked in, turning it from a mobile base into a real base for the time being.

Linear gametypes like Invasion could really benefit from a dockable mobile base as the attackers push forward in each new phase.

19 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I hope we see some sort of mobile base like the Elephant.  I feel like that was a good example of a “gimmick” done well.

To evolve the idea, the mobile base could dock at certain parts of the map.  Different doors, ramps, or gravity lifts would open depending on which area it was docked in, turning it from a mobile base into a real base for the time being.

Linear gametypes like Invasion could really benefit from a dockable mobile base as the attackers push forward in each new phase.

4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

For those who say they will move on, you had better be true to that statement. The minute you see sprint, abilities, or whatever, you better just stick with the MCC and whatever games on PC you would actually like. Don't come crawling back like an addict, this isn't nicotine or cocaine.

Oh I'm moving on big time, you may have heard i dunno. Speak to you sometime.

• Upvote (+1) 1