CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I still don't see how a tech demo for an engine made by 343 is supposed to hype me up for the future of Halo. I'd be way more hyped if they announced that future Halos will take advantage of an established engine instead of again using a proprietary engine that will take away valuable development resources. Is Microsoft really this cheap when it comes to licensing fees? Just fire Frankie and use his salary towards a decent 3rd party engine so 343 can focus on making content for once. Let's also not forget that the Xbone is still an outdated piece of shit so no matter how good this engine is the game will look and run like ass.

I think your underestimating what MS is doing right now. To me it seems like they really want to rebuilt and push their gaming branch after letting it die for the last couple years and Halo is more then just an exclusive, it's pretty much the face of MS-gaming/Xbox.

Creating a new engine might not be the most effective way of doing things but it's sending a clear message, that the days of letting gaming slide are over.

At least this is what it seems like to me...

Only time will tell if this is an longterm commitment I guess.

I'm not overly excited about that announcement either, we know nothing about gameplay but seeing some work beeing done on the art style is a nice sign at least.

lmao ... 343 completely failed with H4, almost completely failed with MCC (the first big patch made it mostly playable), failed with the H5 launch in terms of day 1 content. the only positive things I’ve said = H5 is in a pretty good state now, H5 is better than H4, and 343 has shown improvement in terms of adding a customs browser, fixing settings, using MLG over ESL etc. but definitely, I’m literally being paid by 343

PZtQb.gif

• Upvote (+1) 8

So what if Chiefs back in his old armor (and it looks like the Marines are in reach era BDUs) because none of the fancy thrusters work anymore?

I don’t wanna believe this shit at all.

I’d be extremely surprised if this is true. I’m banking on an early 2020 full release.

I’d be extremely surprised if this is true. I’m banking on an early 2020 full release.

fall 2020...

Why should a full-scale Halo FPS get a release outside of the main "gaming season"? I think the only time this happend was with the EU version of HCE alongside the EU Xbox launch in early 2002...

fall 2020...

Why should a full-scale Halo FPS get a release outside of the main "gaming season"? I think the only time this happend was with the EU version of HCE alongside the EU Xbox launch in early 2002...

IMO, they should release when they won’t be going up against multiple other releases with how rocky the past 3 releases have been. So I’m hoping for early 2020. On the flip side, if they handle the game well competition wouldn’t matter.

And I don’t want to have to wait 2 years :(

Also please don’t have misleading marketing this time. That would help.

Not even that upset if it does come out in 2020, I already got plenty of games to play during 2018 and 2019

- Destiny : Forsaken

- BFV

- Fallout 76
- KH3

- Anthem

- Division 2

- Gears 5

Sucks for those people who really want to play Halo tho  :mj:

lmao ... 343 completely failed with H4, almost completely failed with MCC (the first big patch made it mostly playable), failed with the H5 launch in terms of day 1 content. the only positive things I’ve said = H5 is in a pretty good state now, H5 is better than H4, and 343 has shown improvement in terms of adding a customs browser, fixing settings, using MLG over ESL etc. but definitely, I’m literally being paid by 343

Hey at least I could find games in H4, to this day I have to wait 15 minutes to find a game in MCC

Not even that upset if it does come out in 2020, I already got plenty of games to play during 2018 and 2019

- BFV

- Fallout 76

- KH3

- Anthem

- Division 2

- Gears 5

Sucks for those people who really want to play Halo tho :mj:

Those people being this forum.

Yeah, sucks.

The only way I see this wait not being terrible is if MCC goes through some sort of renaissance period. Fixing the game won't be enough. We already know it's coming to game pass, but making it a GwG title would be even better IMO. Two more years of Halo 5 events on the other hand will be a nightmare no matter how you look at it. I feel like they absolutely must shift the HCS back to one of the MCC games after this next season of Halo 5. H2C, H3, H2A, whatever. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

fall 2020...

There is no "Main gaming season" anymore dude.  HUGE games launch at all times of the year and do extremely well.  Frankly, launching a game during the holidays just because its the holiday shopping season is fucking stupid.  They need to launch their games 1) when they are fucking ready and 2) spread out from other games that are highly competitive in the same niche.

Give me 5 AAA shooters that i am even semi-interested in spread out throughout the year, and i will buy them all.  Give me the same 5 within a  2 month period and i might buy 2.  This also goes with the "Game Pass" strategy.  If you don't want people buying and cancelling and buying and cancelling, you need to have new releases on a more regular schedule mixed in with the regular rotating library.

• Upvote (+1) 1

- BFV

- Fallout 76

- KH3

- Anthem

- Division 2

- Gears 5

Sucks for those people who really want to play Halo tho  :mj:

sadly, the only game of that list I actually care about is Gears 5 (+the new Doom), I really don't get the hype about all those shared world games like Destiny/Division/Anthem/Fallou 76...

IMO, they should release when they won’t be going up against multiple other releases with how rocky the past 3 releases have been. So I’m hoping for early 2020. On the flip side, if they handle the game well competition wouldn’t matter.

And I don’t want to have to wait 2 years :(

Also please don’t have misleading marketing this time. That would help.

It's still their biggest franchise no matter if it and the community have taken lots of hits over the last decade, it's like doing a direct to DVD release for the next star wars movie because people didn't like Solo (what I really cannot understand tbh, it's a good movie...)

Hey at least I could find games in H4, to this day I have to wait 15 minutes to find a game in MCC

oh for sure, I'm lucky enough to be in a good location for finding matches (West Coast US)

There is no "Main gaming season" anymore dude.  HUGE games launch at all times of the year and do extremely well.  Frankly, launching a game during the holidays just because its the holiday shopping season is fucking stupid.  They need to launch their games 1) when they are fucking ready and 2) spread out from other games that are highly competitive in the same niche.

Give me 5 AAA shooters that i am even semi-interested in spread out throughout the year, and i will buy them all.  Give me the same 5 within a  2 month period and i might buy 2.  This also goes with the "Game Pass" strategy.  If you don't want people buying and cancelling and buying and cancelling, you need to have new releases on a more regular schedule mixed in with the regular rotating library.

I'm not saying your reasoning is wrong but this is not how this industry works though.

The overwhelming majority of AAA games is still coming out september-november, sure some might come out in spring but it's usually stuff that either wasn't ready for a fall release or something the publisher doesn't have much faith in (there are some very few exections though.)

Halo goes open world - no multiplayer until 2020.

Okay, lets say that happens. What is next?

Halo 5?

MCC?

Revert back to 360 / OG Xbox and take the smash route?

The studio isnt really leaving the esports community in a good position + all of our advocates (Pro team, etc.) have quit. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 5?

MCC?

The studio isnt really leaving the esports community in a good position + all of our advocates (Pro team, etc.) have quit.

we havent been left in a bad position as of now. Halo is covered until december with the hcs. 343 can make a decision then. Dersky teased skins in mcc and if thats the case we could potentially see mcc in esports.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5?

MCC?

I really hope we don’t have more than 1 more season of H5. Its so stale at this point.

I wouldn’t mind reverting to H2A provided they add more maps with the big MCC updates. That probably won’t happen though.

Dude is citing his own posts... Please don't fall for this.

So he got the name (sort of) correct - not that insane all things considered.

Excuse me? Do you have anything better to believe?

It surprises me that The Coalition is able to show us Gears Pop, Gears Tactics, AND some Gears 5 gameplay but we can't even get a glimpse of gameplay for Infinite. Especially since Halo is Xbox's flagship title and 343 is a much bigger studio compared to TC. 

• Upvote (+1) 3