CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Thruster Pack, Boost jump (that was cut from Halo 5), and stabilise could make for acceptable additions to Halo's core sandbox.

None of these abilities require the player to lower their weapon to perform them, none of them require balance changes to accommodate them (A weapon with a significantly faster TTK than the recharge time on the thrusters would keep the escapability problem in check, as well as a visual indicator that someones thrusters are ready), none of them require changes to maps that would result in elongated maps that take more time to travel, if anything, we'd get an increase in verticality, which would be nice, as its massive underutilized in current maps, with most arena maps being 2 layers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Speedflag was dope. And CTF would play fine with it, so long as you increase the score limit to accommodate that change.  And Headhunter was fun af in Multiteam and FFA.

Umm so then 5 flags for everything? To be fair this works mostly in cod because of the fast TTK. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Umm so then 5 flags for everything? To be fair this works mostly in cod because of the fast TTK. 

Maybe. Or maybe maps like Sanc and The Pit would use touch return. It’d need something to balance 4 guns during a max speed flag run.

11 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Maybe. Or maybe maps like Sanc and The Pit would use touch return. It’d need something to balance 4 guns during a max speed flag run.

It’s not like competition players don’t juggle it anyway, which allows us to move basically at normal speed. I personally only want this because I tire of getting the morons who don’t Juggle in something like BTB. I betrayed so many times because some kid took forever.

12 hours ago, Arlong said:

It’s not like competition players don’t juggle it anyway, which allows us to move basically at normal speed. I personally only want this because I tire of getting the morons who don’t Juggle in something like BTB. I betrayed so many times because some kid took forever.

A weapon whose projectiles cause an objective carrier to drop the objective could be used to stop an enemy flag run or to force your teammate to juggle, involuntarily if need be.

21 hours ago, Arlong said:

But the speed of juggling vs stealthy is exactly what makes capping flags so fun and interesting and why CTF in Reach and H4 was so dogshit. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How 3v4 Industries can take the meme back:  Possession and Power Plays 

The defining feature of this weapon is that backsmacking an enemy gives the user control of that enemy.  “Possessing” an enemy removes the user’s player model from the map and switches the user’s view into the target’s player model, as if the user teleported inside of the target.

With one member of the enemy team temporarily removed, the match is now 3v4, meaning a “Power Play” is active for 15 seconds (the duration of a possession).

IF plasma stun, a projectile mechanic that momentarily slows target moving and aiming, were to return, the Possession melee mechanic would couple perfectly with it.  Keep the target stunned while you circle around for the backsmack.

Do you think the Soul Switcher could work in Halo?

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

The defining feature of this weapon is that backsmacking an enemy gives the user control of that enemy.  “Possessing” an enemy removes the user’s player model from the map and switches the user’s view into the target’s player model, as if the user teleported inside of the target.

With one member of the enemy team temporarily removed, the match is now 3v4, meaning a “Power Play” is active for 15 seconds (the duration of a possession).

IF plasma stun, a projectile mechanic that momentarily slows target moving and aiming, were to return, the Possession melee mechanic would couple perfectly with it.  Keep the target stunned while you circle around for the backsmack.

This is probably the stupidest idea ever if I want to be honest. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Are you really posessing the target or are you just giving them a longer respawn? Like do I keep the target's color? What about aim assist when pointing at a supposed ally if I keep the color?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Silos said:

Are you really posessing the target or are you just giving them a longer respawn? Like do I keep the target's color? What about aim assist when pointing at a supposed ally if I keep the color?

Yes, you are really possessing the target.  They spectate with controls and comms disabled.  At the end of 15 seconds, the possessed player’s exterior appearance shatters, like a shell cracking into many pieces, revealing the user’s true appearance beneath.  This kills the target and begins their normal respawn timer.

Yes, you keep the target’s color and appearance.  Aim assist still functions against the user’s enemies, regardless of what color he appears as.  Enemies will get red reticle on a possessed player so this can be used to spycheck.  

4 hours ago, Arlong said:

Would you have a problem with a weapon that added 10 seconds to the respawn timer of any player backsmacked by it?

5 hours ago, Arlong said:

You weren't here for the chin rocket...

@Boyo it's a pretty creative idea, for sure. Thematically, it wouldn't fit in Halo, but maybe something like Doom, or a game with more of a paranormal theme it'd fit.

• Simms (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

You weren't here for the chin rocket...

@Boyo it's a pretty creative idea, for sure. Thematically, it wouldn't fit in Halo, but maybe something like Doom, or a game with more of a paranormal theme it'd fit.

Wtf is the chin rocket? This sounds like a fighting move the crimson chin would have from fairly odd parents.

creative? Dude it sounds like one of those ideas that sounded great in your head, and once you actually told it to someone you realize how stupid it was.

8 hours ago, Arlong said:

How I feel after reading every Boyo post

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’m sorry @Boyo I really am, it just sounds like something that isn’t meant to be taken as legitimate, and I really hope it was.

4 hours ago, Hard Way said:

Thematically, it wouldn't fit in Halo, but maybe something like Doom, or a game with more of a paranormal theme it'd fit.

Weren’t Forerunners all about putting minds in different bodies?  I’m no Moa but I thought that’s how the Prometheans were made.

1 hour ago, Mythik Nick said:

How I feel after reading every Boyo post

A perfect example of why having "creative" ideas is worth roughly jack shit. Not that Boyo ranks particularly highly even among the venerable ranks of "ideas guys." A nice start towards improvement would be, prior to writing a post describing a crazy new idea in excruciating and oblivious detail, to think to one's self "is this idea fucking terrible?" If the answer is yes, select all and press backspace.

The (un)intended side effect of this would be that Boyo would almost never post anything. Which I personally would view as a marked improvement.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If you feel like sharing your criticisms, I would be happy to hear them.

He occasionally posts good ideas and it's a lot more interesting and mentally stimulating  than rehashing the same debates ad nauseumProjectile, hitscan, Assault Rifle, THRUST GUD,  THRUST BAD, WE SHUD COMPROMISE ON SETTINGS, NO WE SHUD UNIBERSAL SETTINGS, etc. Etc. 

Fuck I don't know if I would even come here anymore without Boyo posts.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Heavy Breathing (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyo said:

If you feel like sharing your criticisms, I would be happy to hear them.

I do not, but thanks for the offer.

Boyo, some of your ideas are interesting, others I just don't care for and/or I know they wouldn't get implemented so I don't put much into it anyway. But that 3v4 thing was just bad. At least for Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I agree with Ramirez. I appreciate having something new to think about. I'm really burnt out on the same drama over and over again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Boyo said:

Yes, you are really possessing the target.  They spectate with controls and comms disabled.  At the end of 15 seconds, the possessed player’s exterior appearance shatters, like a shell cracking into many pieces, revealing the user’s true appearance beneath.  This kills the target and begins their normal respawn timer.

Yes, you keep the target’s color and appearance.  Aim assist still functions against the user’s enemies, regardless of what color he appears as.  Enemies will get red reticle on a possessed player so this can be used to spycheck.  

I feel that when playing with a team, having the color change would be almost useless other than somebody potentially second guessing themselves, it would be really cool in social.

Giving a longer respawn time to certain weapons, or by killing in a certain way is interesting. I know the victim of the posession technically isn't killed immediately, and they get a lot of information to communicate, but knocking out a player for up to 25 seconds (assuming objective is 10s respawn) is incredibly valuable.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@JordanB @Silos

Would you be opposed to a weapon that added 10 seconds onto the respawn timer of any player backsmacked by it?

That’s what the base idea is, to increase an enemy’s respawn timer to give your team a numbers advantage for a short time.  Possession is just its 15 pieces of flair.

On an unrelated side note, what do you think of a weapon whose projectiles cause an objective carrier to drop the objective?

I have no strong feelings one way or another about a backsmack +10 respawn weapon.  It seems oddly specific.  Backsmacks are rare as is, backsmacks with a specific weapon with that being the only purpose of the weapon would be far more so (unless the gun had other uses no one Is going to carry it around just for that).  Like you could make every backsmack ever add respawn time and it still would be a highly situational occurrence anyways.

A weapon that caused people to drop objective on hit wouldn't be very useful.  Both because people already juggle and because if they were getting shot by any other weapon chances are they probably would've just dropped it to fight you off anyways. The idea this gives me instead is a weapon with a firing mode functionally similar to the Plasma Pistol Charge Shot (but without lockon) that both forces them to drop it AND prevents them (or anyone else) from picking it back up for several seconds (lets say five), to the point even if they kill you they still have to guard it from other enemies until they can pick it up again.  So it's potentially pretty devastating if it lands, but at the same time is hard to time, hard to land and has very limited uses.  And were this Ce I'd just slap it on the Plasma Pistol because no one is using it anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 1