CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

25 minutes ago, Shekkles said:

90 minimum. I can't handle fish-eye and 90 is usually perfect for me. 90-110 is nice.

I wish FOV cared as much about you as Halo does in anything.

90 is what I’d consider decent. H5 has big maps and it’s FOV is unacceptable for how big they are. 

8 hours ago, Arlong said:

Let’s talk about FORCING 343 to make sure halo infinite’s fOV by DEFAULT is 90+. This 78 FOV that h5 has is complete BS. It’s unplayable for me, this along with the crappy aiming! Even cod has a higher FOV or at least it feels that way. 

Pretty sure CoD on console is 60°. I agree with the sentiment though, anything below 90 is terrible. Gotta love how people completely disappear out of your sight when they thrust in CQC.

If there were a class of items that were activated by pressing the Jump button while airborne, what would they do?

Jumppack, Jetpack, Hoverpack, Ground Pound, Glider, Teleport Jump, Wall Kick

Glider could allow a player to move forward while airborne, firing at enemies below.

Teleport Jump could allow a player to elevate his position through non traditional routes.

Wall Kick could serve as an airborne melee with extended knockback in addition to a movement ability.

There could be a map called “Duplex” that is two levels on top of each other with a Teleport Jump and Ground Pound pick up.  Allow players to move from low to high and from high to low.

Or on Valhalla say, two teammates take the man cannon, landing near mid, while the third activates Glider at the apex of his launch.  Now you have a mini assault squad of two ground units and one overwatch support.  Plus, it allows for the possibility of mid air hijacks and splatters.

• Downvote (-1) 1

4 hours ago, Basu said:

Pretty sure CoD on console is 60°. I agree with the sentiment though, anything below 90 is terrible. Gotta love how people completely disappear out of your sight when they thrust in CQC.

IKR. What’s the FOV of CE because it’s quite good.

Perhaps it comes down to the map design and sizes then. In h3 the FOV is small but I wouldn’t say it’s 100% horrible for the game. When playing h4 or 5 I get this vibe the FOV should be bigger because the design, the aiming, and other qualities. 

20 hours ago, The Tyco said:

For the sniper rifle, I think the simplest solution is... we don't really need an additional zoom level? I've always felt the extra zoom was unnecessary barring some extremes. Get rid of it so we can descope/scope in more effectively without it getting in the way.

Terrible idea. This would make it much harder to sit back in the far corners of the map in BTB and warzone and dump all over people who can't even see you LMAO no thanks

• Simms (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

Terrible idea. This would make it much harder to sit back in the far corners of the map in BTB and warzone and dump all over people who can't even see you LMAO no thanks

The Focus Rifle isn’t instant kill and has a visible line leading back to the shooter.  What do you think of that as a long range weapon?

1 hour ago, Mythik Nick said:

Good! Fuck those napsacks for camping in the back like sons of bitches! 

Im sorry but those types of players frustrate me. I think reach did halo justice by giving us a long ranged utility.

Honestly, the sniper would probably be completely fine with a single 5x or even 3x zoom at the max. Keep the 1.5x zoom on the crispy hitscan magnum and get rid of all other weapon zoom functions and redundant utility weapons. Descope on sniper only. Kreygasm

On 5/15/2019 at 8:38 PM, Mythik Nick said:

But the AR already has a purpose. It's meant for people who are new to the game and can't aim properly and only know how to walk in straight lines while holding down the trigger at other people who are just as bad.

And it's pretty clear that reducing the bloom while tap firing to extend the effective range is adding some skill element. But the AR doesn't really need to take more skill nor does it need to have any effectiveness past close range. Just use the utility weapon lol.

Apologies for taking this long to respond to this, I forgot about it. Your recent post reminded me.

You didn't describe the purpose of the AR, you described how bad players use it. I'll be perfectly frank here, I couldn't care less about how these players use it, especially since historically, these players will use whatever is initially given them anyway. The only thing I care about is making weapons with appropriate and tolerable functionality for all levels of play.

I for one, in the event I'm ever forced to use the AR for any reason, don't want it to be an intentionally anti-skill scrub weapon that serves no purpose beyond being useless to anyone other than the players you described. I don't don't think you'd want it to be this way either. I don't want it to kill quickly at all, but I would like a useable secondary in relation to the utility. I want something that can descope players and ping camoed targets more effectively than the utility ever could. Hell, even Halo Reachs AR would be have been a fine weapon if burst firing wasn't so pointless and slow.

• Like (+1) 1

The Assault Rifle doesn’t really need to be any more complicated than “the limited range, hitscan, automatic weapon”.

The four autos should be:

Assault Rifle - limited range, hitscan

Plasma Rifle - unlimited range, projectile 

Sentinel Beam - unlimited range, hitscan 

Now we’re missing a “limited range, projectile” automatic weapon.  I would achieve this through the Spiker, giving it vertical recoil and projectile drop to limit its effective range.

21 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Apologies for taking this long to respond to this, I forgot about it. Your recent post reminded me.

You didn't describe the purpose of the AR, you described how bad players use it. I'll be perfectly frank here, I couldn't care less about how these players use it, especially since historically, these players will use whatever is initially given them anyway. The only thing I care about is making weapons with appropriate and tolerable functionality for all levels of play.

I for one, in the event I'm ever forced to use the AR for any reason, don't want it to be an intentionally anti-skill scrub weapon that serves no purpose beyond being useless to anyone other than the players you described. I don't don't think you'd want it to be this way either. I don't want it to kill quickly at all, but I would like a useable secondary in relation to the utility. I want something that can descope players and ping camoed targets more effectively than the utility ever could. Hell, even Halo Reachs AR would be have been a fine weapon if burst firing wasn't so pointless and slow.

I should've avoided the use of the word "purpose". It's too subjective. It would've been better to say, "That's the way it has functioned in past games for the most part and I see no reason to change it." I just want to put a great deal of emphasis on utility vs utility duels because that's my favorite part of the game. Any buff to the AR will detract from that as far as I'm concerned. Just how I prefer things. I also see camo and descope as their own issues. Fighting people who are literally almost completely invisible is annoying enough on it's own, but combine that with the fact that it's console and camo players don't give you aim assist and that shit is just dumb as fuck. I'd argue that descope really only needs to exist on snipe and it's debatable whether any other weapons need a scope at all in the first place aside from maybe a slight zoom on the utility.

• Toxic (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mythik Nick said:

I should've avoided the use of the word "purpose". It's too subjective. It would've been better to say, "That's the way it has functioned in past games for the most part and I see no reason to change it." I just want to put a great deal of emphasis on utility vs utility duels because that's my favorite part of the game. Any buff to the AR will detract from that as far as I'm concerned. Just how I prefer things. I also see camo and descope as their own issues. Fighting people who are literally almost completely invisible is annoying enough on it's own, but combine that with the fact that it's console and camo players don't give you aim assist and that shit is just dumb as fuck. I'd argue that descope really only needs to exist on snipe and it's debatable whether any other weapons need a scope at all in the first place aside from maybe a slight zoom on the utility.

Descope should exist on everything. 

8 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Descope should exist on everything. 

Why? Pretty sure the only reason descope was originally added in the first place was to balance the sniper. All it does is make longer range fights unnecessarily jarring. Often times the first person to ping the other out of scope wins by default simply because of the massive aim assist advantage. It's always been my least favorite aspect of utility weapon duels. Does anyone actually enjoy jank-ass long range descope battles?

• Upvote (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

Why? Pretty sure the only reason descope was originally added in the first place was to balance the sniper. All it does is make longer range fights unnecessarily jarring. Often times the first person to ping the other out of scope wins by default simply because of the massive aim assist advantage. It's always been my least favorite aspect of utility weapon duels. Does anyone actually enjoy jank-ass long range descope battles?

Yes. 

• Fire (+1) 1

Descope works to limit a weapon’s effective range without affecting its accuracy.  Is there another mechanic that can accomplish those goals?

6 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Descope works to limit a weapon’s effective range without affecting its accuracy.  Is there another mechanic that can accomplish those goals?

Yeah. It's called not adding a scope.

• Fire (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mythik Nick said:

Yeah. It's called not adding a scope.

Now Descopijg a sniper becomes more difficult, I wouldn’t like my utility precision weapon to not have a scope, and it’d make no sense not to have one. 

31 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Now Descopijg a sniper becomes more difficult, I wouldn’t like my utility precision weapon to not have a scope, and it’d make no sense not to have one. 

Depending on the map design and the relative difficulty of the sniper vs the utility, this might not be as big a deal as you think. If it turned out to be a game breaker tho, I'd be fine with a 1.5x zoom on the utility like I said. But there are also other ways to balance things, like nerfing snipe ROF, magazine size, zoom magnification, etc.

A single zoom sniper could definitely work for arena gameplay where no scoping and quick scoping comprise a significant number of overall sniper shots.  I think Halo should also be pushing a large scale game mode like Invasion that would benefit from the extreme long range of a dual zoom sniper.

Could you describe your ideal sniper for me?

For example, hold LT to zoom to a 4x scope, 2 round magazine, fast reload, hitscan, perfect accuracy, no aim assist unscoped, increased damage to vehicle weak spots.

Here's an idea for consideration that can potentially solve a few issues. 

Make the Assault Rifle have very low aim assist, high ROF, projectile, large magazine, but also very long range. Tighten up the spread but increase the distance bullets travel. By being a long-range bullet hose, it could serve a new purpose as a descoping tool and to ping camo players. It wont do a ton of damage (unless you are skilled enough to keep it on target for a bit), but it would still be very useful up close and have utility outside of being a mindless noob weapon. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BigShow36 said:

Here's an idea for consideration that can potentially solve a few issues. 

Make the Assault Rifle have very low aim assist, high ROF, projectile, large magazine, but also very long range. Tighten up the spread but increase the distance bullets travel. By being a long-range bullet hose, it could serve a new purpose as a descoping tool and to ping camo players. It wont do a ton of damage (unless you are skilled enough to keep it on target for a bit), but it would still be very useful up close and have utility outside of being a mindless noob weapon. 

Bloom and pulsing your shots can increase the Assault Rifle’s range, so it can descope and ping camo, without making it a Sentinel Beam.

11 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Bloom and pulsing your shots can increase the Assault Rifle’s range, so it can descope and ping camo, without making it a Sentinel Beam.

Or just get rid of the sentinel beam and have an actual functioning Assault Rifle. In past Halo games, and I'm going to assume it's the same in Halo 5, there is an actual hard limit to the range of most weapons. The bullets will literally disappear. I'm suggesting removing that for the AR, tightening it's spread pattern and bloom, but also reducing Aim Assists to balance that out. There's no need for a sentinel-beam-like weapon if another weapon can serve the exact same purpose while also functioning in it's own role. 

Under that design, both good and bad players might consider holding the AR as their secondary (or primary in the case of poorer players). Good players for the versatility it provides, bad players because it's a bullet hose that allows them to have a reasonable chance of doing some damage. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You could modify the Assault Rifle to give it more utility and make it a viable secondary starting weapon.  Projectile would also add some skill at longer ranges.  Though, I am of the opinion that in a pick-up centric game like Halo, players should only spawn with one weapon, the utility weapon, and should seek out other weapons on the map.

@BigShow36