CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

34 minutes ago, Basu said:

a combo should do about as much damage as a sniper body shot.

So, deshield?  An overcharged Plasma Pistol already does this and is easier to use.  As does a sniper bodyshot and a grenade launcher.

I don't see how fucking with damage resistance is intuitive to the user.

I imagine the weapon being accented with purple and firing purple projectiles.  If you start glowing purple, your damage resistance is modified.

I don't see how fucking with damage resistance is a good idea to balance the weapon

By modifying damage resistance instead of dealing straight damage, the weapon can be effective against Overshield and vehicles while not being overpowered against infantry.

The concern about the alt fire + melee cheese is valid though. Maybe give it a smaller melee range and hitbox? 

I like the idea of an effective close range combo.  I mean, it’s a pick up, not the utility weapon.  It can have advantages over other weapons.

Just make the orbs do damage roughly like the concussion rifle

This is how I originally imagined it and, being a Brute weapon, it would make sense to have some kind of gravity push effect but I feel like the damage resistance modifier gives the user so many more options.  If the blast just deshielded enemies, it might as well be the grenade launcher.

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

So, deshield?  An overcharged Plasma Pistol already does this and is easier to use.  As does a sniper bodyshot and a grenade launcher.

I imagine the weapon being accented with purple and firing purple projectiles.  If you start glowing purple, your damage resistance is modified.

By modifying damage resistance instead of dealing straight damage, the weapon can be effective against Overshield and vehicles while not being overpowered against infantry.

I like the idea of an effective close range combo.  I mean, it’s a pick up, not the utility weapon.  It can have advantages over other weapons.

This is how I originally imagined it and, being a Brute weapon, it would make sense to have some kind of gravity push effect but I feel like the damage resistance modifier gives the user so many more options.  

The PP just shouldn't exist let's be real. It's either a cheap-ass trash gun like H2/5 or complete garbage (all other Halos).

Idk, I think the damage resistance thing is just odd, like how does the player getting shot know he's now gonna die in a single AR bodyshot? It's also emphasizes teamshot even more.

If the blast just deshielded enemies, it might as well be the grenade launcher.

Other explosives can exist? It's a completely different weapon than the GL, mostly given by that the orb flies in a straight line and can be comboed out to much further ranges.

• Upvote (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Basu said:

how does the player getting shot know he's now gonna die in a single AR bodyshot?

Shield bar turns purple.  A few purple particle effects in his vision.  Purple hue around the edge of the screen.  Any number of ways to communicate this info.

35 minutes ago, Basu said:

Other explosives can exist? It's a completely different weapon than the GL, mostly given by that the orb flies in a straight line and can be comboed out to much further ranges.

Infantry fired, remotely detonated, single projectile that deshields proximate players.  Can’t have a tight sandbox with two weapons that similar.

Plasma Repeater 

The weapon can be toggled between Cool and Hot mode, glowing blue or red depending.  Headshots deal additional damage (1.5x).  Successive headshots deal increasing damage (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x).

In Cool mode, it fires blue, thin, fast moving, low heat-generated projectiles that kill in 9 bodyshots (1.2 seconds) or 4 consecutive headshots (0.45 seconds).

In Hot mode, it fires red, thick, slow moving, high heat-generated projectiles that kill in 6 bodyshots (1.0 seconds) or 3 consecutive headshots (0.4 seconds).

The battery never overheats but the rate of fire is reduced once the heat level reaches 90%.  While the heat level is above 85%, the user can discharge hot gasses in a damaging, forward-blast.  In addition to dealing damage, this short range attack also cools the weapon’s battery.

In case anyone hasn't seen it.

Sprint was only included because they thought people wouldn't play the game without it, and they were fully aware of the major detriments to the gameplay sprint results in.

Also that Descope/Flinch was a big debate in the game design. If these are the same people working on Infinite what the fuck are we even excited for.

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

If these are the same people working on Infinite what the fuck are we even excited for.

Nobody here is excited my dude

• Like (+1) 5
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The Rocket Launcher could have four unique firemodes.

In Freefire mode, rockets travel straight.

Once Lock-on has been achieved, rockets home in on an enemy vehicle.

By continuing to hold the trigger down after firing, the rocket becomes Laser Guided, flying towards the location of the user’s reticle.

Toggling into HUDLink mode brings the user’s view into the nose of the rocket.  He can maneuver with the right thumbstick; boost and brake with the triggers.

19 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

In case anyone hasn't seen it.

Sprint was only included because they thought people wouldn't play the game without it, and they were fully aware of the major detriments to the gameplay sprint results in.

Also that Descope/Flinch was a big debate in the game design. If these are the same people working on Infinite what the fuck are we even excited for.

Bro I haven't been excited for a Halo game since 2007.

3 hours ago, HeX Reapers said:

Anyone down for v7/Gold Pro once Reach drops?

Yeah count me in. I never got the chance to play any Gold Pro back in the day, so I'm excited to play some.

Sure I’d be down. 

Hell yeah. Finally playing the best Halo settings post CE without the shitty motion blur and in 60 FPS is about all I'm looking forward to nowadays concerning this franchise. 

Do certain games in h5 ever feel weird to you? Like does the aim assist ever feel strong or weak in different games or is it just me? 

Yo I got myself this new analog aluminum stick and my aim is great, and it seems my slow turn on the controller is completely gone on the controller I replaced it for.

3 hours ago, Arlong said:

Do certain games in h5 ever feel weird to you? Like does the aim assist ever feel strong or weak in different games or is it just me? 

Oh boy, welcome to Halo 5, where the aiming and aim assist is inconsistent on a game to game basis. You are far from alone, my dude.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Tyco said:

Oh boy, welcome to Halo 5, where the aiming and aim assist is inconsistent on a game to game basis. You are far from alone, my dude.

Thank you, always felt this way. And the turning in CQC has so much input lag

Prerelease footage of Halo CE with “ADS” at 1:55. Makes you wonder if this is something they wanted to implement but couldn’t, or something they always intended to replace with the now classic scoped view.

That doesn't look like actual ADS. Literally just a WIP version the zoom we've always had and it looks like there's no zoom HUD they forgot to disable the first weapon render. Also it looks like it's just on the pistol, I expected him to zoom in with the AR for a second. Let's be real the A(I)DS in H5 wouldn't even be half as bad if they didn't slap it on every single gun in the sandbox (even the fucking bomb has ADS rofl) in order to appease the CoDtards. Zooming in with a sword will forever be the least intuitive video game mechanic I've ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1

Aim down sights should be the zoom mechanic on Brute precision weapons.  It would be primarily cosmetic but would give the weapon a unique feel and make sense because Brutes don’t have a HUD.

• Like (+1) 1

Realistically speaking, wearing a full face helmet doesn't help with iron sight aiming.

3 hours ago, The Tyco said:

Realistically speaking, wearing a full face helmet doesn't help with iron sight aiming.

You’re not taking into account the vision the spartan helmet provides.

8 hours ago, Gobias said:

Prerelease footage of Halo CE with “ADS” at 1:55. Makes you wonder if this is something they wanted to implement but couldn’t, or something they always intended to replace with the now classic scoped view.

That looks like an obvious placeholder. In the original game you can see the muzzle flash of the pistol in the right corner when you fire. So it probably still does that same zoom pattern but with a scope graphic over it.

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Gobias said:

Seems more like a zoom just without the traditional scope view. CS used to do the same thing but added a scope view. People were afraid it was the introduction of ADS at the time but at this point I don't think anyone would still call it that.

• Like (+1) 2

Y’all disappoint me. Can’t wait until we get some controversial info at E3 so there’s something to talk about. Something juicy like recharging grenades.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Arlong said:

You’re not taking into account the vision the spartan helmet provides.

Fov doesn't matter if you can't get your face close enough to your weapon to line up the sights. It's about the size of the helmet.

• Like (+1) 1