CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

I think ppl are trying to deduct far to much from a game engine tech demo. Halo single player maps should be large and grandiose IMO. The best Halo levels IMO have a mixture of indoor corridor type battles within a large outdoor environments. That's how CE felt to me and to some extent H2 and 3. That always seemed to be how bungie presented the game as well. Doesn't necessarily mean the game is "open world" though. And none of that means much of anything to multiplayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread really ought to be blowing up. Kind of ridiculous that the teaser didn't give us shit to talk about except "wow a helmet".

I feel you, I fully excepted to read long ass rants from you today about how the direction of halo is shit! and has been since Like 2005.

It’ll happen soon enough and I’m ready.

I think ppl are trying to deduct far to much from a game engine tech demo. Halo single player maps should be large and grandiose IMO. The best Halo levels IMO have a mixture of indoor corridor type battles within a large outdoor environments. That's how CE felt to me and to some extent H2 and 3. That always seemed to be how bungie presented the game as well. Doesn't necessarily mean the game is "open world" though. And none of that means much of anything to multiplayer.

I’ve always liked indoor maps the most my self and have thought that since like goldeneye.

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/161172/details-upcoming-halo-release

This is from the guy that leaked the halo infinity title. 2020 release for multiplayer supposedly FFS.

This is unfortunate if true. It's hard to convince people to put a game back in if they feel they're done with it. It's Halo, so they would definitely get some people coming back. But if it's simply an update to the game, our "launch numbers" I feel would be considerably smaller than if they launched together.

I may be able to pick up the game for a steal a year after release though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe the time off is good, give the devs extra time plus Halo fatigue could be there.

Look at the recent games like God of War with a reboot and Assassin's Creed taking a year off. It sucks as a fan for sure since you want to play everything now, but if we get a full game once again with Halo then it's big.

I really wish H3A happened now, would have give us something to play between release, but MCC is getting fixed so we have that at least.

• Upvote (+1) 4

There's no building the community with MCC. The game is nearly 4 years old and still completely broken. Even if it gets fixed there's no getting rid of the aura that is MCC which is that it's one of the worst game releases of all time.

?  they're fixing it right now and there's a big interest in classic Halo.  if it goes to PC, which seems likely, I think there's a reasonable chance that it will be popular

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.thurrott.com/xbox/161172/details-upcoming-halo-release

This is from the guy that leaked the halo infinity title. 2020 release for multiplayer supposedly FFS.

And SP possibly before that in 2019.

If true, then I at least wished it was the other way around. Assuming they’re doing this I wonder how much replay value the SP has to keep people logged in. People are under the assumption of open world and I figured they’d have to do that with a lot to do and then some for interest to stick.

If Halo Infinite is getting split in 2 with SP releasing in 2019 and MP releasing in 2020 there's no way the campaign will be linear. At least not a standard 6-8 hours campaign.

I'm expecting it to be some form of Open World set on a Halo (apparently installation 07) with these latest rumors.

Not really sure how to feel about that at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Classic Halo will not return. Anyone with any hope that we will ever see a true classic Halo game again is naive. This company is incapable of making a good Halo game. They have proven multiple times that they are incompetent fools that push amateur products. Can't wait to hear what excuses the 343 apologists will have this time when this game inevitably flops.

This man is speaking pure facts and yall are downvoting him

This company has failed 3 times at making a decent Halo game, the 4th time will not be the charm

Dont get your hopes up, this game WILL be a piece of shit, won't be surprised if the aiming is still trash

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm not sure what the game is going to be (I really hope it's not open-world), but at least this was way better than Halo Power Rangers skydiving into a glacier as butt-rock plays in the background. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel you, I fully excepted to read long ass rants from you today about how the direction of halo is shit! and has been since Like 2005.

It’ll happen soon enough and I’m ready.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I still don't see how a tech demo for an engine made by 343 is supposed to hype me up for the future of Halo. I'd be way more hyped if they announced that future Halos will take advantage of an established engine instead of again using a proprietary engine that will take away valuable development resources. Is Microsoft really this cheap when it comes to licensing fees? Just fire Frankie and use his salary towards a decent 3rd party engine so 343 can focus on making content for once. Let's also not forget that the Xbone is still an outdated piece of shit so no matter how good this engine is the game will look and run like ass.

• Upvote (+1) 2

?  they're fixing it right now and there's a big interest in classic Halo.  if it goes to PC, which seems likely, I think there's a reasonable chance that it will be popular

I sure hope it does, but I also want to be able to have big halo tournaments that I actually like to watch. I couldn't even bring myself to tune into the world championships because of h5. I can't watch 2 more years of it.

Well, this sorta thinking's just obnoxious. Yeah, someone's naive for thinking something may potentially happen when you don't, while you know for a fact this company, in spite of not completing their entire library of games in their lifetime is incapable of making a good one for a franchise. I know this may potentially just be angry hyperbole, but Christ. You have the act of someone who's needlessly angry down pat.

I don't think im being "needlessly angry". This company has only delivered amateur products since they took over the franchise. I don't expect this one to be any better, that's all. Who knows I may be wrong but I doubt it due to their track record. 

Can you not be incessantly negative?

Sure Halo 4's multiplayer was a mess at launch, but Halo 5's multiplayer was significantly better.

I think there's ample reason to believe that 343, with more operational experience under their belt, can deliver a quality game. Especially since they're going to take more time to make the game, which should allow for a more polished and larger experience.

MCC still not being fixed is enough reason for me to believe that. 343 loves to inspire false hope in Halo fans and blatantly lie to our faces. I have 0 trust in them.

This man is speaking pure facts and yall are downvoting him

This company has failed 3 times at making a decent Halo game, the 4th time will not be the charm

Dont get your hopes up, this game WILL be a piece of shit, won't be surprised if the aiming is still trash

They are in denial. They think just because they see Chief's classic helmet return means that they are returning to classic Halo. That's just a marketing ploy to fool the veterans. I bet this Halo game will have some classic elements return but still be completely different like how Halo 5 was by giving us shit that we never asked for or needed in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You guys think they can make playable elites with this new engine?

Playable elites with hitboxes that aren't like a lava lamp.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's right guys, if you have even a modicum of hope for Infinite, you're paid by 343.

When that direct deposit hits on Friday :ace: :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 5