CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

15 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I'm not over-exaggerating anything. Play the game on a difficulty higher than normal. You'll get your balls kicked in doing anything other than what I said - spamming with long range weapons.

Why is Reach good? All you mentioned above was a generic comment "exciting moments" (such as?) and praised it for having a dark story (which totally matters in a fucking video game). Sounds to me like Reach was your first Halo game.

I mean it sorta does. For your info my first halo was halo 2. And if it was my first halo that wouldn’t be close to relevant. H5 campaign was hated because the story and gameplay was awful. Do you play a campaign of a video game and not pay attention towards the story or what? And damn you had a bad experience. I’m pretty positive most of that didn’t happen in my case so It’s whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Arlong said:

I mean it sorta does. For your info my first halo was halo 2. And if it was my first halo that wouldn’t be close to relevant. H5 campaign was hated because the story and gameplay was awful. Do you play a campaign of a video game and not pay attention towards the story or what? And damn you had a bad experience. I’m pretty positive most of that didn’t happen in my case so It’s whatever. 

Story quality has little, if any, bearing on how well a game actually plays. No Halo game has ever had a particularly good story. The best Halo campaigns (H1, H3, ODST) certainly haven't.

10 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

Story quality has little, if any, bearing on how well a game actually plays. No Halo game has ever had a particularly good story. The best Halo campaigns (H1, H3, ODST) certainly haven't.

H2&3 actually have a pretty good story. But even then, the gameplay of these games has been pretty fun. 

The H2 campaign had the closest thing Halo will ever have to a decent story, and the gameplay was mediocre at best. Kind of proving my point.

What was so good about Halo 3's narrative? Tying up the loose ends from Halo 2, plus MORE FLOOD, MOTHERFUCKERS! That's it. The highlights of the Halo 3 campaign - killing scarabs, going ham with the warthog against choppers and wraiths, clearing out the UNSC base in the second level - were all purely gameplay elements that had nothing to do with the greater story.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Reach's campaign was always mediocre to me. If it weren't for all the hidden easter eggs, I would have never touched it more than once. Only campaigns I will truly replay for their gameplay is CE/ODST. H3 is very boring to me until the last missions.

• Downvote (-1) 1

3 minutes ago, Larry Sizemore said:

The H2 campaign had the closest thing Halo will ever have to a decent story, and the gameplay was mediocre at best. Kind of proving my point.

What was so good about Halo 3's narrative? Tying up the loose ends from Halo 2, plus MORE FLOOD, MOTHERFUCKERS! That's it. The highlights of the Halo 3 campaign - killing scarabs, going ham with the warthog against choppers and wraiths, clearing out the UNSC base in the second level - were all purely gameplay elements that had nothing to do with the greater story.

Ok 

• Simms (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

CE's trope central, not really good. CEA fixed it.
Halo 2's pretty good. H2A added onto it.
Halo 3's pretty fucking sucky.
Halo 3: ODST's pretty mixed.
Halo: Reach was horrendous.

Halo 4 was pretty good.

Halo 5 was Halo 5. Still better than Reach. Doesn't say much.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 3 introduced the concept of mobile turrets, allowing players to rip a Heavy Machine Gun off its mount and carry it with them.  What other ways could turrets be mobilized?

Teleport 

One turret could have the ability to teleport between four locations.  These locations could be North, South, East, and West facing.  They could be low left, low right, high left, high right.  They could be left close, right close, left far, right far.  

Rail

One turret could have the ability to ride along a rail, firing while it moves along its predetermined route.  On an open air map, one loop could be circular and elevated, allowing the operator to fire down on enemies below.  On a room based map, one loop could travel along the walls between rooms, allowing the operator to attack from unexpected angles (ie not coming in through a doorway).

Tether 

One turret could have the ability to move freely within a limited radius.  Where a Heavy Machine Gun turret can travel an unlimited distance at a reduced speed, this turret can travel a limited distance at an unreduced speed.  A small hill could allow the operator to take cover by placing the hill between himself and his attackers.  A small ditch could act like a foxhole, allowing the operator to pop out and fire then return to cover.

infinite e3 predictions

master chief walks through forest with ominous music and looks up at either giant guardian or another control room controlled by cortana or some bs like that with tons of prometheans and ends the trailer saying some dumbass shit like "we need a bigger weapon"

then they cut to cgi mp trailer which literally just advertises the game by what it doesnt have, i.e "NO SPRINT" "NO ABILITIES" "NO LOOTBOXES" etc

coming fall 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

infinite e3 predictions

master chief walks through forest with ominous music and looks up at either giant guardian or another control room controlled by cortana or some bs like that with tons of prometheans and ends the trailer saying some dumbass shit like "we need a bigger weapon"

then they cut to cgi mp trailer which literally just advertises the game by what it doesnt have, i.e "NO SPRINT" "NO ABILITIES" "NO LOOTBOXES" etc

coming fall 2020.

Most likely 

• Fire (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

infinite e3 predictions

coming fall 2020.

Then Frankie goes on stage and acts like H5 was this massively popular game that they're gonna build off of.

• Heavy Breathing (+1) 1
  • Fire (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Basu said:

Then Frankie goes on stage and acts like H5 was this massively popular game that they're gonna build off of.

I honestly just want frankie to come on stage with his beamish get up and sweep up copies of h4 and h5 to demonstrate how they will clean up this mess

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

5 minutes ago, Killmachine said:

I honestly just want frankie to come on stage with his beamish get up and sweep up copies of h4 and h5 to demonstrate how they will clean up this mess

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlYO6NR8uuk4yXunwhp6K

Halo 4's game play is ass. Bullet sponges that can teleport in front of you, behind you or away from you at any time an infinite amount of times. 

It's been a long time since I played legendary Reach so can't comment on game play but to say "your team of Spartans dies that's a good story" but IMO there's at least two of your teammates' deaths that I went "seriously? dumb". I know Kat is one, can't think of the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JordanB said:

Halo 4's game play is ass. Bullet sponges that can teleport in front of you, behind you or away from you at any time an infinite amount of times. 

It's been a long time since I played legendary Reach so can't comment on game play but to say "your team of Spartans dies that's a good story" but IMO there's at least two of your teammates' deaths that I went "seriously? dumb". I know Kat is one, can't think of the other. 

Kat was shot in the head by a hunter elite. And it’s more than “your team dying”. That’s over simplifying it. Harry Potter is one of the best stories written ever but you easily could simplify it “boy kills dark lord”. It’s how we get to those moments is where it holds meaning. I swear you’d  be a horrible writer with your mindset.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • WutFace (+0) 3

14 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Harry Potter is one of the best stories written ever

:lxthul:

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, arglactable said:

:lxthul:

I stand by that opinion, and millions will agree. 

1 hour ago, Arlong said:

Tolkien>

1 minute ago, MultiLockOn said:

Tolkien>

Lord of the rings Is also an amazing story. I find it more interesting in a way, but Harry Potter is just as amazing but I guarantee you more people know about HP than LOTR. 

Just now, Arlong said:

Lord of the rings Is also an amazing story. I find it more interesting in a way, but Harry Potter is just as amazing but I guarantee you more people know about HP than LOTR. 

That's a bad guarantee

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Arlong said:

Lord of the rings Is also an amazing story. I find it more interesting in a way, but Harry Potter is just as amazing but I guarantee you more people know about HP than LOTR

Yeah no. And no.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Arlong said:

I care roughly as much about the opinions of those millions as I care about the opinion of your average Lady Gaga fan regarding the work of Bach, which is to say... Not at all.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, arglactable said:

I care roughly as much about the opinions of those millions as I care about the opinion of your average Lady Gaga fan regarding the work of Bach, which is to say... Not at all.

Fair enough, it’s ok to value your opinion more than others.

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Yeah no. And no.

Not a fan of HP are ya?