CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

27 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Radar should be disabled by default and enabled by picking up the Radar Equipment.

That’s stupid.

8 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I’m going to look if I hear shots near me anyway.

Then why do you need that information through radar?

There is a lot of situations where I'm not shooting at you or near you, there is a lot of situations where people flank, where people get snipe headshots with people not knowing where you are. Why should you be rewarded with free information for the other teams good plays?

5 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Well I think the Advanced radar is a good idea. One where you show up only if you use SA or shoot. Is this actually a bad thing? 

Yes, because Halo is a shooter, and shooting is pretty damn important in a shooter, so you are going to do it a lot, and so you will be punished for playing the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Should an overcharged Plasma Pistol deal bleedthrough damage?  Should a player with low shields be killed by an overcharged shot or should it stop at removing shields?

52 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Should an overcharged Plasma Pistol deal bleedthrough damage?  Should a player with low shields be killed by an overcharged shot or should it stop at removing shields?

It already does those things currently, BUT since you’re asking should it? I think it should not. The plasma pistol is meant to remove shields very quickly through its charged up attack. I believe it being unable to kill is a perfect compromise because of this weapons combo. I’ve never found weapons that require a combo to be an effective a bad thing. Example the h3 AR does quite a bit of damage and yet is considered an underpowered weapon. This is mostly because the gun itself is more or less used in AR+melee where it’s most effective. But that’s irrelevant the fact is the plasma pistol is an effective tool without needing its ability to kill in the process. This is the perfect example of a Niche weapon done properly. 

Warzone should return in Halo Infinite, but with major changes.

1.) Completely remove the REQ Card system, but keep REQ variants in the mode, I'll explain this later.

2.) Take Dominion base elements, such as constructing turrets and shield doors as well as vehicle spawners once you capture a base.

3.) Complete rework of how capture points work. As you hold a base, over time its level will increase, granting access to high tier weapon and vehicle REQ Variants (Now you get the REQ variants without the shitty REQ System.) There is now a reason to actually make an effort to defend the base instead of pissing off and killing AI for a bit before coming back to it.

4.) Different bases will grant you different vehicles. The centre base on the map would have the best vehicles available, such as Phaetons and Mantis etc. All bases will grant access to Anti-Vehicle weaponry to give the team a chance to contest the centre base, as the team controlling it would have access to heavy vehicles. 

Microtransactions are going to exist, instead of shitty random packs, use the R6 Siege model and sell cosmetic bundles instead, with new armours, armour patterns, (Which are applied in the customization screen instead of being a separate set of Armour like in Halo 5), Emblems, Nameplates and weapon skins. People will be happier to spend when they know what they are getting. 

And it should be a BTB gametype, not a shoehorned in replacement 

Honestly I'd really like a lot of game types to come back. Even if they aren't in the main rotation of playlists. Options are never a bad thing

• Invasion
  • Extraction
  • Headhunter
  • Regicide
  • VIP
  • Ricochet 
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ChieftaiNZ said:

Warzone should return in Halo Infinite, but with major changes.

1.) Completely remove the REQ Card system, but keep REQ variants in the mode, I'll explain this later.

2.) Take Dominion base elements, such as constructing turrets and shield doors as well as vehicle spawners once you capture a base.

3.) Complete rework of how capture points work. As you hold a base, over time its level will increase, granting access to high tier weapon and vehicle REQ Variants (Now you get the REQ variants without the shitty REQ System.) There is now a reason to actually make an effort to defend the base instead of pissing off and killing AI for a bit before coming back to it.

4.) Different bases will grant you different vehicles. The centre base on the map would have the best vehicles available, such as Phaetons and Mantis etc. All bases will grant access to Anti-Vehicle weaponry to give the team a chance to contest the centre base, as the team controlling it would have access to heavy vehicles. 

Seems a bit snowbally. I can't imagine a team of 12 with phaetons and scorpions losing to players on foot with magnums + BRs

Battlefield did the "vehicles spawn on conquest flags" thing and it was largely a disaster because exactly as @EddyAOS says it just creates endless snowballing. If the team with control of the map gets access to free Phaetons, Tanks, Nornfangs and shit the game will be decided within the first few minutes.

If Radar was an equipment pick up, it could function exactly as radar traditionally does, except the user can press the equipment button to send out a pulse that reveals stationary/crouching enemies as well.

If Radar was a pick up, what kind of information should it give?  Elevation (up arrow if enemy is above you)?  Larger dot or even vehicle specific icons for vehicles?  Or should this extra info only be revealed through pulses?

The pulse idea is ass. Radar as equipment is pushing it for me.  I just don't like any ability that lets you see people through walls. It removes so much depth and fun from the game. It makes me feel like my choices don't matter.

1 hour ago, Hard Way said:

The pulse idea is ass. Radar as equipment is pushing it for me.  I just don't like any ability that lets you see people through walls. It removes so much depth and fun from the game. It makes me feel like my choices don't matter.

Compared to everyone having radar off spawn, I thought it was an improvement.  This way, less people have it but it’s more powerful for the few that do.

Radar should be off for competitive play. This isn't a debate. 

If you want radar for casual play, fine, but make it only show people who aren't moving.

6 hours ago, Boyo said:

Compared to everyone having radar off spawn, I thought it was an improvement.  This way, less people have it but it’s more powerful for the few that do.

Well yes, of course it’s an improvement. I’m for anything that gets rid of radar in standard Halo. I just hate the pulse. When I know my opponent can see me through walls, I feel like I might as well just stand still. It’s like I’m not even playing the game anymore.

Radar is mostly just a crutch.  It's not exactly powerful enough in itself to justify contending as a map pickup.  Conversely why no one ever really bothered with radar jammer either.

Just rip the bandaid off.  The vast majority of shooters don't even have radar to begin with this has always been such an odd debate to me.

I've always hated the idea of combo weapons, a weapon should still be useful in its own right.  Plasma Pistol is terrible and if would redesign it but don't feel like typing an essay on my phone.

• Like (+1) 1

It's hard to believe we're coming up on the next E3 already.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 was a game designed for player empowerment. The radar has always been a staple to Halo in some capacity so I won’t be surprised if the new radar we were given in H5 returns for Infinite, unless we have less Spartans Abilities. Me personally, I felt that Halo 5 would have been amazing from the start if ground pound and spartan charge was never a thing. I don’t want to get into a sprint debate, but I think Halo 5 did a good job making sprint tolerable. 

My favorite game will always be classic Halo 2. The last thing I will ask everyone, do you really think there is still a market for classic Halo? Things have changed since 2003.

1 hour ago, SciKho said:

My favorite game will always be classic Halo 2. The last thing I will ask everyone, do you really think there is still a market for classic Halo? Things have changed since 2003.

Why 2003? I'd assume Halos prime (in terms of popularity) was 2007/2008. (not that it would make a difference, things have changed since then as well..)
We don't know how the gaming community would react to a new but classic Halo. Trends are not a linear progression, a classic Halo might be a return for us, but it is something new for many younger players.

And keep in mind how much influence streamers/social media has right now, I don't follow many of those people but I got the feeling that many would be excited about classic Halo and this positive energy could easily transfer to the younger community

• Like (+1) 3

The last two major Halo titles made a mission out of throwing away everything good about classic Halo in an attempt to appeal to CoD kids/Battlefield kids/people who hate Halo because of X, and a result shat the bed more or less immediately after launch, the community and franchise is in the fucking gutter as a result, and people still have the balls to give the "things have changed since 2003" lecture? Unbelievable.

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, Larry Sizemore said:

The last three major Halo titles made a mission out of throwing away everything good about classic Halo in an attempt to appeal to CoD kids/Battlefield kids/people who hate Halo because of X, and a result shat the bed more or less immediately after launch, the community and franchise is in the fucking gutter as a result, and people still have the balls to give the "things have changed since 2003" lecture? Unbelievable.

Let's not forget that Reach was the start of all this nonsense.

4 hours ago, SciKho said:

Halo 5 was a game designed for player empowerment. The radar has always been a staple to Halo in some capacity so I won’t be surprised if the new radar we were given in H5 returns for Infinite, unless we have less Spartans Abilities. Me personally, I felt that Halo 5 would have been amazing from the start if ground pound and spartan charge was never a thing. I don’t want to get into a sprint debate, but I think Halo 5 did a good job making sprint tolerable. 

This argument comes up often, but it has very little weight behind it. Classic Halo games never got "old" or "stale", the devs simply stopped making them. Reach, H4 and H5 do everything in their power to forget everything about what made the original games so good and the only attempts at a classic Halo game we've seen since were CE Anniversary where Frankie shit the bed and made it a Reach map pack and H2A which as we all know was part of the worst AAA video game launch.

Classic Halo simply never got a chance. So if a game like that came out tomorrow we don't know whether it would be a colossal failure, an overwhemling success or something in between. For mobility/"advanced" Halo on the other hand we have solid evidence that they either split the community in half and kill the competitive side of the game (Reach) or simply decimate their online population (H4,5) within weeks and drive sales into the ground (H5). I think it's time classic (I fucking hate this term btw) got another shot, because clearly TitanCoD: Space Edition isn't doing that great.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, SciKho said:

I take it you haven't been paying attention to the hype surrounding MCC PC?

Make the movement feel fast. Let me shoot without sacrificing movement. Make the guns strong enough to kill quickly but challenging to use. Make important items spawn frequently to force battles.

Make a game like that and it won’t fail. No one else is doing it.

• Like (+1) 6

20 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Make the movement feel fast. Let me shoot without sacrificing movement. Make the guns strong enough to kill quickly but challenging to use. Make important items spawn frequently to force battles.

Make a game like that and it won’t fail. No one else is doing it.

Doesn't that game already exist? The formula has been there for a while now, why aren't all the big streamers playing it?

2 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Doesn't that game already exist? The formula has been there for a while now, why aren't all the big streamers playing it?

It hasn't been perfected yet.