CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

1 hour ago, Larry Sizemore said:

I think some sort of weapon/powerup involving enemy locations could work, but only if you do it right. A guy on red team being able to tag a guy on blue team from afar with a waypoint that everyone on red team can see would be the wrong day to do it. That's just too easy for red team.

I pitched a powerup idea in some thread on here, it got a lukewarm reception but whatever. This powerup, which I'll call "stalker", when picked up, allows the user - and only the user - to see the locations of every currently alive player on the enemy team (or all living players in FFA), via a waypoint. Players in the respawn screen at the time of pickup are exempt. He can call out the information to his teammates, but he's the only one who can actually see their up-to-the-second location. The waypoint expires when the target dies (except for suicide), or all of them expire when the user dies (obviously). 

I'm not 100% sure how an active camo player should be handled here... at first I thought a powerup like this could be a counter to camo, but now I think there's more metagame potential if the camo player is unaffected by the stalker powerup (as long as his camo is active when stalker is picked up).

This is the kind of mechanic where you would have to get the details perfect, otherwise it will be a bust and a source of real frustration.

Reading this made me want to play Shadowrun again (Enhanced Vision vs Smoke). Dammit Larry.

Im very open to new powerup ideas, but I’m just not in love with this one. I think it would play better if it was player outlines instead of waypoints, since that would be quite a bit of visual noise coming at you when you grab it.

Also, real-time updates are a little OP, and imo cheesy. Like, I would just wanna set down my controller if I knew my opponent could see me through walls until one of us died. Even if it could expire (it should, btw), that’s still just supremely unfun to play against. I would either do pulses, or better yet, only let it work in a narrow cone of your vision, so you actually had to actively USE it.

30 minutes ago, Hard Way said:

Reading this made me want to play Shadowrun again (Enhanced Vision vs Smoke). Dammit Larry.

Im very open to new powerup ideas, but I’m just not in love with this one. I think it would play better if it was player outlines instead of waypoints, since that would be quite a bit of visual noise coming at you when you grab it.

Also, real-time updates are a little OP, and imo cheesy. Like, I would just wanna set down my controller if I knew my opponent could see me through walls until one of us died. Even if it could expire (it should, btw), that’s still just supremely unfun to play against. I would either do pulses, or better yet, only let it work in a narrow cone of your vision, so you actually had to actively USE it.

Is a system like Apex op to you? If so why? If not then ok. 

3 hours ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Is a system like Apex op to you? If so why? If not then ok. 

No, I think it's great.  I think there should be something in place to prevent people from spamming it and being obnoxious with it though.

• Like (+1) 1

Is the ping system for Apex sorta like Siege? Just aim somewhere and mark the spot? I think that would be good enough. Remove radar and put that shit in.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Is the ping system for Apex sorta like Siege? Just aim somewhere and mark the spot? I think that would be good enough. Remove radar and put that shit in.

Been saying that for ages. We should have a radar like CSGO or a spotting mechanic like Battlefield or Apex, not this stupid motion tracker that kills any sort of interesting close-mid range encounter.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TeeJaY said:

Never played Siege. For Apex, it's aim and ping. If you're marking an enemy, it'll show up red with an audio cue of an enemy being there. Similar if you mark a weapon. If you're pinging neither, it'll show up yellow and cue something like "let's go here".

I think the advanced movement Radar is the most balanced radar we’ve had tbh. A radar where you show up only by shooting or something. I think that should be the main radar for h6.

49 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

I think the advanced movement Radar is the most balanced radar we’ve had tbh. A radar where you show up only by shooting or something. I think that should be the main radar for h6.

For social sure, for competitive no radar or bust.

9 minutes ago, Nokt said:

For social sure, for competitive no radar or bust.

Why not also in competitive? There’s a reason it was made for competitive in h5. We don’t know what gameplay h6 will have so that radar should be implemented. It also works fine for cod so I’m cool with it.

Just now, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why not also in competitive? There’s a reason it was made for competitive in h5. We don’t know what gameplay h6 will have so that radar should be implemented. It also works fine for cod so I’m cool with it.

What's the reason it was made for competitive in H5? We were never told as far as I know and we were never told why no radar wasn't implemented despite asking for it since pretty much day 1. 

26 minutes ago, Nokt said:

What's the reason it was made for competitive in H5? We were never told as far as I know and we were never told why no radar wasn't implemented despite asking for it since pretty much day 1. 

Because no radar would be too overpowered because of the movement mechanics. This radar was far more balanced than no radar was. Also the map design of h5 with its low FOV.

3 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Because no radar would be too overpowered because of the movement mechanics. This radar was far more balanced than no radar was. Also the map design of h5 with its low FOV.

Played just fine when the pro's tested no radar with competitive settings. 

5 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Played just fine when the pro's tested no radar with competitive settings. 

They said it played fine compared to the original radar, not Advanced movement radar. This radar was needed to counteract the fast movement such as sprint, thrust you get the idea.

Listen guys I understand we're in a bit of a drought, but are we seriously arguing about Radar in comp? Like really? That's some Waypoint shit right there.

3 minutes ago, HeX Reapers said:

Listen guys I understand we're in a bit of a drought, but are we seriously arguing about Radar in comp? Like really? That's some Waypoint shit right there.

This has been a thing ever since H5 dropped and 343 forced radar into competitive. There are actually people out there that think it's a good idea.

9 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

They said it played fine compared to the original radar, not Advanced movement radar. This radar was needed to counteract the fast movement such as sprint, thrust you get the idea.

I didn't say that they said it, I literally watched the streams. Radar doesn't need to exist in competitive in any form. 

7 minutes ago, Basu said:

This has been a thing ever since H5 dropped and 343 forced radar into competitive. There are actually people out there that think it's a good idea.

Well I think the Advanced radar is a good idea. One where you show up only if you use SA or shoot. Is this actually a bad thing? 

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

I didn't say that they said it, I literally watched the streams. Radar doesn't need to exist in competitive in any form. 

Why not? I agree with the Original radar since it ruins CQC flanking, but this does not. So far most people who played h5 liked the new radar. It’s definetly more needed regarding halo 5. A classic halo not so much but if AM returns it needs to be that newer radar.

Advanced motion radar was designed to punish sprint, but not walking (not on radar when walking), it's more true to the original no sprint no radar settings with it implemented. However, showing shooting on it is kinda annoying since no sprint halo didn't have that. Radar honestly should just be for punishing sprint and only sprint since you'll hear someone thrust and you'll hear someone shoot, no need to have those things on the radar and furthermore nerf awareness. 

1 minute ago, logan said:

Advanced motion radar was designed to punish sprint, but not walking (not on radar when walking), it's more true to the original no sprint no radar settings with it implemented. However, showing shooting on it is kinda annoying since no sprint halo didn't have that. Radar honestly should just be for punishing sprint and only sprint since you'll hear someone thrust and you'll hear someone shoot, no need to have those things on the radar and furthermore nerf awareness. 

Dude in the original installments we had simplistic style maps where we knew where all our teammates were. Shooting was definitely needed because of the design of h5s maps.

16 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

Why not? I agree with the Original radar since it ruins CQC flanking, but this does not. So far most people who played h5 liked the new radar. It’s definetly more needed regarding halo 5. A classic halo not so much but if AM returns it needs to be that newer radar.

It's free information at the cost of nothing, just like a hit marker. Remember when someone snipes you in the head and you didn't get to see their location, well now everyone knows where you are. Decide to flank the enemy? Well now everyone knows where you are, it isn't much of a flank anymore. Why should I be discouraged from putting shots out into the enemy? If you saw my bullet trails or picked up my location from sounds that's fine, its not free information anymore. I take a shot and everyone get to see where I am. 

Of course people "liked" the new radar, it is an improvement to vanilla radar. It still isn't the radar that everyone asked for or wanted. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Nokt said:

It's free information at the cost of nothing, just like a hit marker. Remember when someone snipes you in the head and you didn't get to see their location, well now everyone knows where you are. Decide to flank the enemy? Well now everyone knows where you are, it isn't much of a flank anymore. Why should I be discouraged from putting shots out into the enemy? If you saw my bullet trails or picked up my location from sounds that's fine, its not free information anymore. I take a shot and everyone get to see where I am. 

Of course people "liked" the new radar, it is an improvement to vanilla radar. It still isn't the radar that everyone asked for or wanted. 

To be fair if your shoot your gun I know you’re there. 

50 minutes ago, Fixaimingsorry said:

To be fair if your shoot your gun I know you’re there. 

If I'm shooting you yeah, but your teammates don't unless you call it out and same for your teammates calling me out if I'm shooting them. Its still not free information. 

Radar should be disabled by default and enabled by picking up the Radar Equipment.

34 minutes ago, Nokt said:

If I'm shooting you yeah, but your teammates don't unless you call it out and same for your teammates calling me out if I'm shooting them. Its still not free information. 

I’m going to look if I hear shots near me anyway.