CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Classic Halo will not return. Anyone with any hope that we will ever see a true classic Halo game again is naive. This company is incapable of making a good Halo game. They have proven multiple times that they are incompetent fools that push amateur products. Can't wait to hear what excuses the 343 apologists will have this time when this game inevitably flops.

Can you not be incessantly negative?

Sure Halo 4's multiplayer was a mess at launch, but Halo 5's multiplayer was significantly better.

I think there's ample reason to believe that 343, with more operational experience under their belt, can deliver a quality game. Especially since they're going to take more time to make the game, which should allow for a more polished and larger experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Open world would be awesome. Halo1 had that feel of exploration but was still on rails... just break down those walls and I can imagine a great experience. 

As for the MP - it's the same old story..

MAPS MAKETH MAN

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gotta be honest here. The trailer was underwelming af.

Nothing about this trailer was intresting.

I for one, am interested in 1) finally returning to a Halo, Zeta Halo no less! 2) finally having a good art style again 2) finally losing the blue vasoline filter 343 likes to smear over their visuals 3) potentially having visuals and performance that can contend with other modern shooters 4) the prospect of a return to large sandboxes rather than linear arenas 5) the prospect of the current dumbass storyline getting sidelined

Sure there’s a lot to speculate about, but I’ve been effectively teased.

People are upset because the future of Halo Esport is uncertain, H5 can’t survive another year let alone 2 more.

1) were people expecting an esports announcement?

2) why does H5 need to “survive another year”? If there’s a lapse, so be it it.

Wait... Why are there people on Beyond that actually WANT an open world Halo game?

Just... Why!?!

99% of open world FPS games suck.

Boring and repetitive fetch quests, pointless "progression" systems, AWFUL AI, zero challenge...

Metal Gear tried going open world and the game was so easy a 5 year old could beat it.

Let's look at all the best FPS ever made... Halo, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Quake, Unreal, Shadow Warrior, Half Life. Notice something they all have in common? They're not handicapped by open world design.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo Infinite being set on Installation 07 throws a bit of a curve ball considering Anders from HW2 is on 09 and that featured a Guardian snatching it from slip space whilst Halo 5's Legendary Ending had Cortana humming as a Halo ring lit up. Means the likelihood of Halo 6/Infinite being when the SoF finally meets up with the Infinity seemingly less likely.

Okey so Chief sticked the Cortana chip back into his helmet, that means he is corrupted now and since Cortana controls the guardians, Chief can RIDE them. It's a fucking Zone of the enders guys !

(I am mad, not even MCC on Pc)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's look at all the best FPS ever made... Halo, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Blood, Quake, Unreal, Shadow Warrior, Half Life. Notice something they all have in common? They're not handicapped by open world design.

As a big build engine fan, I appreciate you throwing Duke Nukem, Blood, and Shadow Warrior in that list.

I agree with you about open world games too. Like they're okay I guess, but they offer a very different experience than a linear game. A linear game with more open levels though (Like Silent Cartographer or level two "Halo" open) I could be down for.

Not to you, but to everybody inferring more of an open world, or more open levels, based on the trailer, I disagree with the notion. Like it's possible, but if you're showing off an engine in a Halo universe, of course you're going to show landscapes. But I doubt anything we saw is indicative of how the game will play.

Almost every Halo had a trailer showing a vast landscape, very few had open levels that replicated them.

Holy shit people.  That "Trailer" was really just a tech demo with Halo as the theme.  Making gameplay judgments from that thing is stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 8

There's no building the community with MCC. The game is nearly 4 years old and still completely broken. Even if it gets fixed there's no getting rid of the aura that is MCC which is that it's one of the worst game releases of all time.

I mean it’s definitely not completely broken anymore and the flights have been actually been promising. Personally I’m looking forward to the patch and custom game browser.

MCC fix is not intended to build the community, just to sustain what little there is left. I get people don’t want to wait but another mcc or even h4/5 quality game will kill the franchise. They need to knock this one out of the park and based on h5 they need a longer development cycle to even have a chance at that.

How I perceive most open world games.

Like if you took every Quake level, threw them on a grid, and just generated terrain between those levels.  What point is being served exactly in not just going straight from level to level?

That question is exactly why most open world games come with a fast travel system.  People would rather skip all the pointless open space and get right down to the actual levels.

Then since the missions are designed to be repeated several times they're generally far more limited in what you can do with them.  I.e. I can't jump out of an exploding building and have the rubble block my way back because I'm going to need to revisit that place several times for fetch quests.  They're generally of lower quality too since focus is spent developing other playspaces in the game.  Like shooting up a Vault is fun but nowhere near as deep as the typical DooM1 map is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What a waste of a trailer. At least they didn't show up completely empty handed like last year, but this is still extremely underwhelming.

And what am I reading about this game coming out in 2020? Wasn't 343s excuse for dropping support from H5 that they are "soo busy" with the next game? This is the same bullshit they have pulled before when they could make MLG ranked in Reach or add more Zero Bloom gametypes because they had to focus on H4s lmao. Their resource management is just downright awful. And seriously, another 2 years of Halo 5? Omegalul.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Wait... Why are there people on Beyond that actually WANT an open world Halo game?

Just... Why!?!

Boring and repetitive fetch quests, pointless "progression" systems, AWFUL AI, zero challenge...

Metal Gear tried going open world and the game was so easy a 5 year old could beat it.

i don't want an open world game- i could go for something like ODST or even Mass Effect though- a large open hub areas + dev crafted campaign areas.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Gotta be honest here. The trailer was underwelming af.

Nothing about this trailer was intresting.

3840_HaloInfinite_E318_MasterChief.png

Coming from the guy with H5 amour as his avatar  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just... Why!?!

we dont care about campaign here. It could be a side scroller for all i care.

People are complaining about rhinos..

The halo community

• Upvote (+1) 3

I for one am happy they scrapped the Halo 5 core instead of using it as a foundation moving forward. That game/engine had many flaws that weren't obviously easily addressed; heavy aim being the biggest culprit. They also alluded to returning to a classic art style. 

If it means waiting another 2-3 years then so be it. I was never going to be hyped for a Halo that followed the footsteps of 5. At least this gives me hope that things are changing. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I for one am happy they scrapped the Halo 5 core instead of using it as a foundation moving forward. That game/engine had many flaws that weren't obviously easily addressed; heavy aim being the biggest culprit. They also alluded to returning to a classic art style.

If it means waiting another 2-3 years then so be it. I was never going to be hyped for a Halo that followed the footsteps of 5. At least this gives me hope that things are changing.

Not having to patchwork an aging engine is a pretty big deal. Don’t have a problem with waiting so I don’t have to deal with halo 5.5.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

3840_HaloInfinite_E318_MasterChief.png

Coming from the guy with H5 amour as his avatar :simms:

Dude the armor was one of the better ones in this flawed game.

I have no emotional connection to classic style, sorry

we dont care about campaign here. It could be a side scroller for all i care.

I mean...I care about campaign 

• Upvote (+1) 9

This thread really ought to be blowing up. Kind of ridiculous that the teaser didn't give us shit to talk about except "wow a helmet". 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I have no problem with the game being released in 2019 or even 2020. 343 has shown that they can't put out a good, complete game on a 3 year dev cycle. And with a brand new engine in play this time around? Yeah, give it an extra year or two. Unless another year and a half of post-launch repairing and rebalancing sounds appealing to you.

Of course there's still no guarantee that the final product will be any good, even with an extra two years, because 343, but cross that bridge.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am whelmed. 

But hopefully don't have to wait too long for more info.