CyReN

Halo Infinite Discussion

Trailer made me think BR, but Phil said it was an adventure so I am thinking it may be the next mainline entry

• Upvote (+1) 2

They engine seems lighter, made for either big scale stuff (next warzone/BR) or better optimization for toasters (old pcs) also no sprint in teaser :simms:

MC has a new AI thing too so hopefully cortana is scraped from the game

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins

In the future, you will be able to join early flighting programs that will let members of the community play the game with us, and give direct feedback, much like the current Insider flighting program for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It will take some time for us to be ready to kick those flighting events off, but when we do they will start small and grow along the way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys they used the classic halo 2/3 helmet/artstyle. That means classic halo is back!

please

• Upvote (+1) 5

Youtube version description hints at it being the next mainline entry:

The Master Chief returns in Halo Infinite – the next chapter of the legendary franchise. Developed by 343 Industries and created with our new Slipspace Engine. This thrilling engine demo provides a glimpse into the future of the Halo franchise, leading it into new and unexpected directions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We still have a long way to go until we ship the game, so things will certainly evolve between now and the release of Halo Infinite, though the engine demo is a clear indication of the direction we are heading with our next game and a great snapshot of where our tech is right now.

i was thinking MMO when i first saw it. Then BR after seeing the 50 stations on stage

The engine demo gave me flashbacks to this ancient relic:

Perhaps 343 is trying to take Halo back to its roots, i.e. the original pre-MS-Bungie aquisition plan of making an open world game?

• Upvote (+1) 4

We literally know nothing about the game.

Nope, but to a lot of people the obvious changes to art style are a huge step in the right direction. There's lots of stuff you be inferred from the demo, but yeah - it's better than seeing more of the same. 

I feel like this is a trailer they were supposed to release before E3 to hype up the full reveal on stage.

Engine looks cool but I'm shocked we waited 3 years to have this little info.

Art style was an obvious must, but nice to have back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Gotta say, I didn't think it was Halo when I saw deer. Thought they would be somehow extinct in Halo, lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gotta say, I didn't think it was Halo when I saw deer. Thought they would be somehow extinct in Halo, lol. 

I was in a call with some friends and heard, "Halo?" - my first response was, "That's not the Halo engine."

Imagine my surprise when I found out it was Halo with a new proprietary engine. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can’t wait. But the wait might be pretty long.

• Upvote (+1) 1