Sign in to follow this  
Hard Way

My proposal for the Halo: CE 4v4 playlist.

What did they do to the playlist? The release notes mentioned blood gulch and I saw the ts version last week. Now it's not listed at all.

I haven't seen bg in 4's all but twice before any patch. I've been seeing plenty of:

4v4 Dammy TS or Hill

4v4 Chilly TS or ball

4v4 Dere TS or Hill

4v4 BC flag

4v4 RR Hill

4v4 Longest CTF

4v4 Priz TS or Hill

4v4 HH TS

Played a game of boarding action snipers which brought back some memories.

What did they do to the playlist? The release notes mentioned blood gulch and I saw the ts version last week. Now it's not listed at all.

They removed snipers from every arena playlist. Unfortunately this meant taking out Boarding Action snipers, which many consider a staple gametype. But it also meant removing Blood Gulch snipers, which has horrific spawns and I never asked to be put into the playlist in the first place.

Also, @@WARGOD, I love you man, and I agree with a lot of what you say. But the way you phrase it reminds me of the SNL character Drunk Uncle.

They removed snipers from every arena playlist. Unfortunately this meant taking out Boarding Action snipers, which many consider a staple gametype. But it also meant removing Blood Gulch snipers, which has horrific spawns and I never asked to be put into the playlist in the first place.

Also, @@WARGOD, I love you man, and I agree with a lot of what you say. But the way you phrase it reminds me of the SNL character Drunk Uncle.

Well of course :).  We both know it's no fun if I converse on here like I do in real life LOL.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know I'm harping on this but how is it 4ish years into release and we still don't have BG CTF in a playlist?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because it's a dogshit gametype for any purpose besides goofing around during LANs

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because it's a dogshit gametype for any purpose besides goofing around during LANs

its what the people want

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does this bozo not know it's a casual playlist?

So? I'm not saying it's not competitive, it's just a bad gametype. I'm not against putting casual stuff like Chiron TS and Boarding Action Snipers in the playlist, but why you guys want to put "0-0 the gametype" into MM is beyond me.

So? I'm not saying it's not competitive, it's just a bad gametype. I'm not against putting casual stuff like Chiron TS and Boarding Action Snipers in the playlist, but why you guys want to put "0-0 the gametype" into MM is beyond me.

Lol at "0-0 the gametype", because you're not wrong, at least the way most people play it. Flag Must Reset + no Flag At Home to Score helps massively with actually scoring. In my opinion, having one of each vehicle (no banshee) also helps with capping, as it lets a team have firm enough control to move the flag through the open wasteland. You could argue that they allow for too much control, and I'd have a hard time refuting that, especially since I advocated for Pistols on Derelict CTF.

Does it matter though? I hated the gametype 15 years ago. But you want to give the casual players what they want to play. It's by far the most popular game in CE history. Once(if it happens) the custom game browser goes live I wouldn't be surprised if > 35% of all games are BG CTF or some variant.

I once played a CTF bg 2v2 match 15 years ago and every player had at least 700 kills, with no caps.  We turned the xbox off mid game and went out side and did something else.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

No nades now in certain CTF game types and no rockets.

Workin on the no nades issue, but the pistol set is on purpose.

It's comical playing with a group of 4 that knows what they are doing. Get ready for constant quitters. So many copies of MCC's getting returned to GameStop by Gen Z kids who were never taught that if you get owned, work to be better rather than giving up.

I'm surprised GameStop hasn't filed a class action lawsuit against Team Beyond with all these returns. The Gen Z buy, try, and then return it.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif?resize=

"but...but.. but... Gen Z was parented by Gen X!"

-One can only hold open the door.... it's up to the individual to walk through it. The key is to not walk right back out just seconds after you walk in.

giphy.gif

dude no plays h1 anyway. H1,and h4 are the least played halo games. Because graphics, hit reg, animations, buggy AF mess, and frankly spawns. You ce diehards May love the spawn system because it gives players “control” but when that control leads to easy af spawn killing it not cool with it, and it is a fact you cannot spawn kill in any halo as easily as ce and if you think you can I want to see it at the highest level of skill.

dude no plays h1 anyway. H1,and h4 are the least played halo games. Because graphics, hit reg, animations, buggy AF mess, and frankly spawns. You ce diehards May love the spawn system because it gives players “control” but when that control leads to easy af spawn killing it not cool with it, and it is a fact you cannot spawn kill in any halo as easily as ce and if you think you can I want to see it at the highest level of skill.

https://gfycat.com/JoyousUnsteadyCub

Cue 90% of multi kill clips on narrows/avalanche/standoff/last resort/sandbox/foundry/ratsnest/infection gametype

just go watch infection on twitch. all he does is play btb with 8 people and spawn kill people on obj modes for 12minutes straight. you get spoon fed spawn kills in halo 3 especially on bigger maps where ur gun cant even reach them lmao. 

you have halo 3 where you get spawn killed with no control or you get spawn killed in ce where you at least have some control of getting out of it. the only reason you don't get spawn killed more in halo 3 is because the primary gun is so weak. stick the ce pistol in halo 3 games if u want to see bad spawn killing. 

choice is simple. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The spawns in Sidewinder CTF are about 10x worse than Avalanche or even Standoff. It's just that CE BTB rarely gets played without half the players quitting, otherwise you'd see the same clips or even more ridiculous stuff.

Don’t worry man you aren’t alone. As a die hard CE fan I can admit to its flaws. For 2v2 (which is how the game is played competitively anyway) the spawn system is much better than any other spawn system. That being said, the spawn system doesn’t really work for 4v4 at all in CE. Maybe in a hypothetical world where you could see randoms, and you could choose which player influences your spawn, and the spawns were in better locations in general it could be a good spawn system. As it actually is though I can definitely see why people would get easily frustrated with it. 99% of the people playing the 4v4 list don’t have a good grasp of the spawn system and spawning a red shotty in HeH 10x in a row only to be sniped instantly isn’t going to motivate anyone to go research the spawn system. They are just going to play a different halo and never bother picking up H1 again. Hell, even if you do understand the spawn system it still sucks because if you solo que the 4v4 list your 3 teammates won’t understand it so you understanding it won’t help you at all. The only way it slightly works is if you’re playing with 8 people who understand it and even then without the hypothetical fixes mentioned it would still probably play better with a spawn system like H3.

Has anyone ever considered having two “fire teams” of two in 4v4 CE games? That way the spawn system would be the same as 2v2 but able to support more players.

Has anyone ever considered having two “fire teams” of two in 4v4 CE games? That way the spawn system would be the same as 2v2 but able to support more players.

Yes, and I think that'd be good too, but I'd like a visual distinction between the two fireteams so I know who can spawn who. It'd have to be like Royal Blue and Cyan vs Red and Salmon or something.  That, and it wouldn't work for odd man teams. 

I'd rather have a team leader role, with a chain of command and everything. One guy sets spawns for the whole team, when he dies the next in command sets them, etc. Let players sort how they want their order in the pre-game.

Or just spawn players equidistant from every living teammate, but let random spawns happen when only one teammate is in one, instead of every teammate.

This would be really cool actually. It's just I already know I'd get two teammates working together like a charm while I get spawnraped for 10 minutes straight cause I'm stuck with an afk rando lmao.

While fireteams are cool, I honestly think that a simpler system would have been to allow dead players to cycle through teammate PoVs like in H3 and onward. Then, whoever you are viewing when the respawn timer runs out is who you would spawn on. If you leave it on your own dead pov, you will spawn at a random, if applicable.

Edit: but that would require a non-existant game update to change CE.

https://gfycat.com/JoyousUnsteadyCub

Cue 90% of multi kill clips on narrows/avalanche/standoff/last resort/sandbox/foundry/ratsnest/infection gametype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtPyb7o6Gos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1ggGU1O4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H--IRT7PXg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGGVGNDB1U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_Mjq-cTX_4

just go watch infection on twitch. all he does is play btb with 8 people and spawn kill people on obj modes for 12minutes straight. you get spoon fed spawn kills in halo 3 especially on bigger maps where ur gun cant even reach them lmao.

you have halo 3 where you get spawn killed with no control or you get spawn killed in ce where you at least have some control of getting out of it. the only reason you don't get spawn killed more in halo 3 is because the primary gun is so weak. stick the ce pistol in halo 3 games if u want to see bad spawn killing.

choice is simple.

I literally said at the highest skill level and you show the mofo killing thumbless kids. Hahaha.

I literally said at the highest skill level and you show the mofo killing thumbless kids. Hahaha.

refer to the first clip then. And fuck off, you complain about getting spawn killed when youre the thumbless person in CE but don't want to accept thumbless h3 clips? + "I want to see it at the highest level of skill" like again fuck off, i'm not patch/legend so I can't in ce and i'm also not snipedown or neighbor or w/e so I can't in h3. Play one game of onslaught and you will be spawn killed multiple times if you are on the losing team. play 1 game on ctf pit/narrows and you will be spawn killed; every1 and their grandma knows to look court/cannon when u pull the flag. The meta of every ctf h3 map is to spawn kill (same as all the other halos). 

also it doesnt matter if ur mlg pro 420, you cant change where you spawn. the standoff clip and avalanche clips would have rolled the same way (minus missing the laser) if finalboss and TD were the ones being slayed. the br doesn't kill in 1 shot, it doesnt matter if u can shoot them once before you get blained in the face in the context of this conversation. Because in CE, it's the same, you can shoot them or chuck a nade before you die just like h3 99/100 times. 1/100 just for when people shoot rockets randomly hoping you spawn there. 

same montage as first clip btw. 

https://gfycat.com/AmusingMenacingElephant 2nd clip has spawn kill on the first guy for the triple.

https://gfycat.com/FlippantEvergreenBallpython