Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

E3 2018 Announcements, Reveals, & Discussion Thread

I rate the EA conference 4/10. I wish they would let C&C just die. As someone who grew up playing RA and TS I hate seeing stuff like that mobile game.

Overall about what I expected. The best part was people booing after DICE announced a BR mode for BFV.

Also never try arguing with E3 chat about the best Halo. Unless you really like Reach and think it's the best one for some reason.

The MS conference I feel was really solid other than the fact there was little Halo which was the one thing I really cared about seeing. It's just disappointing, we may have Halo 5 for two more years which is going to be brutal and I actually like Halo 5 quite a bit.

If I feel like it's going to be a struggle I can't imagine what people who don't like Halo 5 are feeling right now.

So I'm just going to say that I'm not impressed with Microsoft's presentation this year. Why? Two reasons. One being the fact that most if not all of the games shown off that were considered "Launch Exclusive" or simply "Xbox Exclusive". Which let's be real, those aren't good selling points. Launch Exclusives as we know are simply timed exclusives, and Xbox Exclusives aren't exactly exclusive to Xbox One. You can argue that Windows 10 and Xbox One is a Microsoft brand making it a Microsoft Exclusive. But if that's the case, wouldn't be smart for Microsoft to advertise their games as "Microsoft Exclusive"? And now that I think about it, how come no games during the conference mention the Xbox Play Anywhere program? I wouldn't be surprised that the Windows 10 store is just another failing platform like Games for Windows. Because let's think, games last year that were labeled as Xbox Play Anywhere, either found their way to Steam to where the play anywhere program wouldn't work, or because the game isn't profitable enough to do so.

Second reason is that allegedly Microsoft is hinting at a next gen system down the road, and Microsoft is trying to do game streaming on devices like your phone, or tablet. Which I'm going to ask, why don't you just make like Sega and become a third party publisher? Because with that going on, why would anyone buy an Xbox One/S/X? I've already mentioned that the games shown off this year were either launch exclusive or Xbox exclusive, implying that Microsoft doesn't really have (in my case) any noteworthy games that are just for the Xbox One itself.

Where EA's presentation brought my piss to a boil, I almost fell asleep in the middle of Microsoft's presentation. Not exactly what I would call a good start to E3 this year. I honestly hope that Sony and Nintendo can turn it around for me.

MS may just mainly do a bunch of 3rd party games for their confrences now, but don't forget it used to be a LOT worse.

Look up basically any MS E3 after the kinect came out up until the early XB1.

Also I can't believe I woke up early that SE "conference". LRG was hilarious and good though.

Oh yeah Bethesda was pretty good too. I loved that Doom II 2 trailer.

If I feel like it's going to be a struggle I can't imagine what people who don't like Halo 5 are feeling right now.

What would they feel like? The last good Halo game released 17 years ago so the chances for Halo 6 to not be boring teamshot meta is really really low.

At this point you might wanna wait for Halo: Battle Royale anyways.

So I'm just going to say that I'm not impressed with Microsoft's presentation this year. Why? Two reasons. One being the fact that most if not all of the games shown off that were considered "Launch Exclusive" or simply "Xbox Exclusive". Which let's be real, those aren't good selling points. Launch Exclusives as we know are simply timed exclusives, and Xbox Exclusives aren't exactly exclusive to Xbox One. You can argue that Windows 10 and Xbox One is a Microsoft brand making it a Microsoft Exclusive. But if that's the case, wouldn't be smart for Microsoft to advertise their games as "Microsoft Exclusive"? And now that I think about it, how come no games during the conference mention the Xbox Play Anywhere program? I wouldn't be surprised that the Windows 10 store is just another failing platform like Games for Windows. Because let's think, games last year that were labeled as Xbox Play Anywhere, either found their way to Steam to where the play anywhere program wouldn't work, or because the game isn't profitable enough to do so.

Second reason is that allegedly Microsoft is hinting at a next gen system down the road, and Microsoft is trying to do game streaming on devices like your phone, or tablet. Which I'm going to ask, why don't you just make like Sega and become a third party publisher? Because with that going on, why would anyone buy an Xbox One/S/X? I've already mentioned that the games shown off this year were either launch exclusive or Xbox exclusive, implying that Microsoft doesn't really have (in my case) any noteworthy games that are just for the Xbox One itself.

Where EA's presentation brought my piss to a boil, I almost fell asleep in the middle of Microsoft's presentation. Not exactly what I would call a good start to E3 this year. I honestly hope that Sony and Nintendo can turn it around for me.

I think the biggest thing to note is that console and PC players are typically not the same. So any of the Xbox console exclusive games are, effectively, the same thing that they always were to console players. If you're both a PC and console player you now get your pick of favorite platform. If you only play on PC you now have more options for games. There really is no way to spin that in a negative way and people just get caught up on terminology. Perhaps if you bought an Xbox console to go with your PC for a specific game and then they surprise released it on PC there would be something to really be upset about

Man I thought there was gonna be a new Star Fox game for a moment during Ubisoft.

When I first saw it I thought it was a Star Fox Battle Royal game.

Nintendo was okay. Killer Queen Black is cool, but the arcade version is 5v5, I wonder why they lowered it? Maybe to accomodate only needing two switches to play full 4v4?

Smash is pretty crazy, that's a lot of characters.

Nintendo slayed microsoft this e3.

Smash also *seems* like the devs listened to the fans and we might get a good smash game again. Smash dash canceling has been asked for since 64 and we now have it. Directional air dodge put back after 2 games. And we still have a invitational double elim tourny.

edit: spoke too early about smash. it's either extremely unpolished or a worse smash4. 

Nintendo slayed microsoft this e3.

Smash also *seems* like the devs listened to the fans and we might get a good smash game again. Smash dash canceling has been asked for since 64 and we now have it. Directional air dodge put back after 2 games. And we still have a invitational double elim tourny.

I really don't know about the Nintendo slaying MS part. There was a lot me and other people were hoping for that was non-existent. Also Smash looks good but seems more like a Smash 4.5 to me. I'm glad Ridley is in though for the memes.

So is there anything left this week with Microsoft where more details about Halo Infinite could get released?