CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We're in 2018 now.

I can watch soccer on my TV, stream NOLA on Twitch to my PC, and still have two free hands to pull up Riley Reid on my phone and choke the chicken with the other.

That being said I do not give a shit about soccer so I'll just be watching NOLA. But otherwise I wouldn't worry about it affecting the already mediocre numbers.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe it’s just me but am I the only one who thinks that Anz/Latam should have to play through open instead of just being handed a champ spot? I mean at least for EU you could kinda justify it since the old infused squad managed to place top 6/8 at one point.

It's not fair regionally for many foreign players or the top AMs but I don't see a way around it..

Maybe it’s just me but am I the only one who thinks that Anz/Latam should have to play through open instead of just being handed a champ spot? I mean at least for EU you could kinda justify it since the old infused squad managed to place top 6/8 at one point.

Those teams are winning their respective countries, and technically earned a spot in champ. Just because they get swept out doesn't mean they didn't deserve to be there. Is it entirely fair to the AMs? probably not, but for world wide viewership it sure is important.

• Upvote (+1) 2

LWCQhhT.png

So, Lux are in pools, which I assume would mean Splyce will play through the open bracket?

Splyce got in based on their words placement not points. I think it would be Trifecta that is moved to open.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Splyce should be in based on their words placement. I think it would be Trifecta that is moved to open.

Why though? Splyce decided to be incredibly lazy this season, not scrimming, not doings 2's, no dong GB's, losing early in 2k's, they deserve the open bracket if that's where they end up. No sympathy for the ones who think they're going to slide easy to the money, whiles have been GRINDING for months now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why though? Splyce decided to be incredibly lazy this season, not scrimming, not doings 2's, no dong GB's, losing early in 2k's, they deserve the open bracket if that's where they end up. No sympathy for the ones who think they're going to slide easy to the money, whiles have been GRINDING for months now.

I worded that badly, it’s not that I think they should be. The rules for NOLA had the top 7 from worlds (as long as they retain 2 members I believe) qualifying. The 8th slot was based on points. Rec,Tox, Splyce, and Renegades qualified on word placement. The other 4 were points based. Triffecta had the least amount of points at the cut off so I figure it would be them who get bumped.

Page four https://s3.amazonaws.com/mlg-gamebattles-production/assets/arenacp/files/1527802023/2018%20Halo%20NOLA%20Open%20Rules.pdf

• Upvote (+1) 1

I worded that badly it’s not that I think they should be. The rules for NOLA had the top 7 from worlds (as long as they retain 2 members I believe) qualifying. The 8th slot was based on points. Rec,Tox, Splyce, and Renegades qualified on word placement. The other 4 were points based. Triffecta had the least amount of points at the cut off so I figure it would be them who get bumped.

Page four https://s3.amazonaws.com/mlg-gamebattles-production/assets/arenacp/files/1527802023/2018%20Halo%20NOLA%20Open%20Rules.pdf

Ah, well in that case, I will quietly sit in the corner lmao. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ah, well in that case, I will quietly sit in the corner lmao.

Not your fault lol. I should have mentioned why originally.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Predictions:

Pool A:

1st- REC

2nd- Str8

Pool B:

1st- Tox

2nd- Hitmen

Pool C:

1st- Renegades

2nd- Lux

Pool D:

1st- Splyce

2nd- Elevate

• Upvote (+1) 1

Too bad they were cease and desisted huh?

huh?

• Upvote (+1) 1

so lux is replacing trifecta...what was the ruling on this?

Something like... The top 7 NA from Worlds would get a pool play spot if 2 on them stick together, Lux lost points sometime before the last 2k and pools were determined with seeds from before the last 2k(which is why Tapping didn't get a pool play spot and has to play through open)

Edit: oh, and Lux regained the lost points. It's confusing.

I miss when groups were announced like this

I forgot how bad this was lol

I am more excited for this than i was for HWC 2018. Better format, refreshed settings and I cant really say how this will turn out when it comes to placings.

Also super pumped to to have joined forces with Gears, this can only make the scene stronger. Will sure tune in for some gears action too.

• Upvote (+1) 4