CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So, I've been playing with/against Aries a TON lately, looks like hes on the grind! Would be interesting to see him trying to break into the scene again.

If Lux takes care of business in open play like they should, they'll come out as the top open team and have a bunch of reps on LAN together before they have to play their pool opponents.  This could be good for them they just need to show up and play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure splyce was winning the last online tournaments before worlds, so if they're falling off online right now, maybe they will on lan too.

They won 3/5 before Orlando, getting 2nd to Optic at the remaining 2, and won 3/3 before Columbus & Worlds.

Now they've placed 3rd/4th, top 8(with a sub), & top 8. The first one they lost to RNG(who lost the finals) and the other ones they lost to Rec who went on to place 2nd and 1st.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lux not being in Pools could really work in their favor.

As long as they don't get into Splyce's group it'll work in their favor. I think Renegades' group is the weakest so they'd want to get into that one preferably.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't done a Halo meme in 8 months...I haven't played Halo in 5 months (longest break ever). The only thing still keeping me somewhat connected is Beyond. I heard something about MCC something. Is it worth looking up? Can I play some fun H2-H3 now? Or will I be heartbroken again?

I haven't done a Halo meme in 8 months...I haven't played Halo in 5 months (longest break ever). The only thing still keeping me somewhat connected is Beyond. I heard something about MCC something. Is it worth looking up? Can I play some fun H2-H3 now? Or will I be heart broken again?

Read all the Dev blogs and articles about it on Waypoint. It's working great for Insiders.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection/mccinsider

• Upvote (+1) 2

So early pool predictions?

I believe the projected teams to come out of open are:Gosu (Cratos Commonly Suspector Danoxide), Fung Four (Druk Juziro Soulsnipe Gilkey), Lux,and possibly BabyJ's team. Idk if any other EU teams are showing up to open.

Definitely agree with gosu, fung four, and lux. Last spot seems to be a bit of a toss up. Thought baby j retired?

Seems like Rec getting 1st seed will end badly for them cause they’re going to be facing Splyce in WR2 unless elevate manages to pull off a miracle and get 1st in there group.

Though as a spectator I look forward to seeing how this new squad fares against Splyce on LAN.

They won 3/5 before Orlando, getting 2nd to Optic at the remaining 2, and won 3/3 before Columbus & Worlds.

Now they've placed 3rd/4th, top 8(with a sub), & top 8. The first one they lost to RNG(who lost the finals) and the other ones they lost to Rec who went on to place 2nd and 1st.

REC has their number. But they are the best team at this moment. Splyce are my pick to win NOLA. (although I'd like to see Ola back on top)

The top 4 are sealed. Can't see any team breaking through.

Real good Open teams this event. Could see a potential Cinderella story to top 6/8

In Groups.. Lucid vs Elevate is the only non Open team matchup that I see being unpredictable

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lucid vs Elevate is the only non Open team matchup that I see being unpredictable

Trifecta - Berserker is also unpredictable.

Tapping Buttons' team will play through Open, btw. They won two of their 2k's and lost the finals in the other one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anybody have the official roster list of the teams listed here?  I'll update the OP with the new information if anyone has it.

Trifecta is Ryanoob's team

Athletico = BZllRK, Colt Mafoka, Slayzy intel, & Pipz

Berserker = Atzo, Drift, Bullet, & Noblc

Hitmen = Ace, Artic, Bubu, & Demon D

Lucid = Kimbo, Respectful, SLG, & tuf0xy

Fable = Riotz, Shaady, Shabby|Dagger, & SolaR

• Upvote (+1) 3

Trifecta - Berserker is also unpredictable.

Tapping Buttons' team will play through Open, btw. They won two of their 2k's and lost the finals in the other one.

Ryanoob's no pushover come tournament time.. I'd like to see this upset though!

Obviously Lux (Taulek, SuperCC, Envor, Valkyrie) and Gosu Crew (Cratos, Suspector, Danoxide, Commonly) are the best looking team on paper in Open but Online Warriors (Mose, Jimbo, Snakey, Snipedrone) and Fung Four (Druk, SoulSnipe, Juziro, Gilkey) could be really really good if they catch fire in the AM gauntlet!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trifecta is Ryanoob's team

Athletico = BZllRK, Colt Mafoka, Slayzy intel, & Pipz

Berserker = Atzo, Drift, Bullet, & Noblc

Hitmen = Ace, Artic, Bubu, & Demon D

Lucid = Kimbo, Respectful, SLG, & tuf0xy

Fable = Riotz, Shaady, Shabby|Dagger, & SolaR

Thanks, OP is updated now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ahh sniper clips that actually require a headshot to register a headshot. Refreshing!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gah, that montage is refreshing!

I really want to see Halo allow and foster that level of domination from single players again; it's so much fun to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gah, that montage is refreshing!

I really want to see Halo allow and foster that level of domination from single players again; it's so much fun to watch.

Mods???? Getting tired of reading this far right rhetoric every day.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

A great montage but for a 2gre montage? Should have stuck to 2s gameplay and leave the 4s gameplay for the montage kids. It just seems like a waste to not hl the matches where ogre2 excels the most

That montage just makes me think of MCC and what could have been. Even if they get a fully 100% working version out eventually the player base wont be there and it will be too little too late.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I found the editing horrible, but this seems to be the style for Halo montages now. I don't know why editors feel a need to speed up every single moment in between kills. I lose the feeling that I'm actually watching real gameplay - the context is lost. I get it in certain situations but it's done constantly now. That, along with the overused slow mo on the kills, creates a very staggered and jarring viewing experience. Just my opinion, clearly some people must like it if they keep making them like that.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

As good as Ogre 2 is at Halo CE, Snipetality is equally as good at editing. Constantly amazed at the montages he puts out.

*Boots up MCC*

• Upvote (+1) 1