CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Rough life when the free international plane ticket that you were given isn't the free international plane ticket that you wanted.

Apparently has no way of getting to the airport but has the ability to pay 1500 dollars to change flights to get there an hour and a half later.

I switch to different profiles on different boxes and it always feels WAY different. We have used LAN servers on tablets and also the fiberoptic WIFI - neither felt as good as playing on my crappy middle-of-the-woods connection. The dev kits need to make a return for majors.

I also have a young god who goes to mine but ive beaten  him by one less death TWICE. I feel terrible because he out shoots me every individual battle. His aim is near perfect and he's a really sweet kid but that clutch factor ain't there yet.

That's awesome that you guys have nailbiter matches. Sometimes we have close games among the more average teams, but the top talent always dominates. I don't think the winning team or player has ever lost a game in the event they have won. Do you know if your young player is good at teams as well or does he pretty much only play FFA?

We had 20 people turn out at my Dallas store. They did 4 rounds of 5 in a lobby to get through everyone at first. The guy that runs them is really nice, consistent and helpful and said with a turnout like that they'll be doing something Halo once a month for sure. 

Out of 20 people there were maybe 4-5 people who had a shot at wining the thing including myself but I had a bad Truth game and my friend won. Lots of fun though.

Wow, you guys pull a lot of people, we had seven and it was our largest event since January or February. Glad to hear the local employee does a solid job too.

Sucks to hear about the bad Truth game, but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lux took 2 games from splyce? http://halodatahive.com/Scrim/Summary/10787

I think Splyce might not win this tourney since it doesn't seem like they care as much anymore.

They have never given their all online. From Splyces first roster of Bubu, Shooter, Falcated, Shotzy. Then the total lack of practice with Renegod and only playing 2v2 with Eco/Stellur. 

That's awesome that you guys have nailbiter matches. Sometimes we have close games among the more average teams, but the top talent always dominates. I don't think the winning team or player has ever lost a game in the event they have won. Do you know if your young player is good at teams as well or does he pretty much only play FFA?

We have two stores in Atlanta. I go to the "easy" one because I'm washed and get 2nd to Hoax. The young god mainly just competed at the FFA tournaments, I haven't seen him in teams yet. I swear his movement looks similar to the fluidity of Frosty or Shotzy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looking at these pools its crazy to think we used to have orgs in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Looking at these pools its crazy to think we used to have orgs in this game.

It looks like when you go down to the Walmart cereal aisle and see Frosted Flakes with Tony The Tiger and then right next to it it's Vanilla Woodchips with Alfred The Albino Sloth as their mascot

• Upvote (+1) 8

Of all the weapon skins we have, is Splyce the only org still active in Halo?

edit: nvm I think str8 has skins as well

Of all the weapon skins we have, is Splyce the only org still active in Halo?

Str8 Rippin as well.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The 2x Beyound Champion beats Renegade..  :apg:

I never once had my flight/hotel covered as a player.  Can't relate to the new era.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

So early pool predictions?

I believe the projected teams to come out of open are:Gosu (Cratos Commonly Suspector Danoxide), Fung Four (Druk Juziro Soulsnipe Gilkey), Lux,and possibly BabyJ's team. Idk if any other EU teams are showing up to open.

They have never given their all online. From Splyces first roster of Bubu, Shooter, Falcated, Shotzy. Then the total lack of practice with Renegod and only playing 2v2 with Eco/Stellur. 

I'm pretty sure splyce was winning the last online tournaments before worlds, so if they're falling off online right now, maybe they will on lan too. 

So early pool predictions?

I believe the projected teams to come out of open are:Gosu (Cratos Commonly Suspector Danoxide), Fung Four (Druk Juziro Soulsnipe Gilkey), Lux,and possibly BabyJ's team. Idk if any other EU teams are showing up to open.

MOCKIT are 2nd seed in open I believe

Warlord, Looney, Squashy, Outkast

They're grinders, been around for a few seasons (attended Orlando & London last season). Predict a top 32/24 placement for them