CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So there was another MS store event today, this time an FFA, who went and how did everybody do?

We have a young god at my store who has only showed up for FFAs and has ruined the rest of us every time. I almost took a game off him, losing by two on Truth. But every other game he was up by five to ten at the end. We only played to 25 each game, I probably could have pushed to make it infinite score for 12 minutes but nobody else seemed to mind so I didn't push for it. Ended up placing second overall.

Also the heavy aim was awful today. I'm usually not one to complain about it but today was like nothing else I've ever played on Halo 5. I had a good time though.

We had 20 people turn out at my Dallas store. They did 4 rounds of 5 in a lobby to get through everyone at first. The guy that runs them is really nice, consistent and helpful and said with a turnout like that they'll be doing something Halo once a month for sure. 

Out of 20 people there were maybe 4-5 people who had a shot at wining the thing including myself but I had a bad Truth game and my friend won. Lots of fun though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is Aldi really as OP as people make it out to be? I've never been there, but I've seen multiple people in the local reddit posting about new locations coming soon. From the outside, it just looks like a regular gas station market lol

IDK about every Aldi, but the one buy me has everything I shop for besides a few things, and the prices are ridiculously lower. They've stepped up their produce game as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IDK about every Aldi, but the one buy me has everything I shop for besides a few things, and the prices are ridiculously lower. They've stepped up their produce game as well.

Publix produce, deli and meat departments are fantastic. I've never tried bakery but hear great things. If price is an issue though.. yikes.

What did we do right to deserve a 2GRE H1tage?

:fire::simms::fire:

To this day the most skillful thing to watch in Halo is OGRE 2 playing H1. Still shocked at some of the stuff he does and knows.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also, as someone who has been watching pro halo since 2003, I find it refreshing to have Cratos and his squad in halo, some people may hate him, but it brings good drama, not the gross spartan emo drama. While I seriously enjoy sparty as a player and think hes a beast, he can not keep his emotions in check for anything, and its pretty bad (probably why he gets replaced on teams). 

Also, I wouldn't call Splyce washed, but their ability to win matches was based on their insane movement, with GP and SC removed, they've been limited severely in the broken movement department. Teams like Tox and REC who have a ton of positional skill players (royal 2/snip3down/Lethul/Ola), you'll see them really shine now. I really don't see splyce even going to the WB finals, I think other teams are just simply better now with the movement speed cooled down a bit, there isn't going to be so much base flooding now (thank god).

If 343 doesn't see that getting rid of sprint being the best thing for the game, after how much the game improved by simply getting rid of 2 movement modifiers, I don't think they'll ever see the light. Clearly this game just works better with a faster base movement speed, having things like shields and team shot, dropping your gun to move is a TERRIBLE choice, you need every shot you can get. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

here are your top 8 heading into new orleans

ILcph7Q.png

lux was just shy of top 8 with 6855 points

• Upvote (+1) 8

jDy2iu3.png

Tox is 16k pts tho.

Launching 2018 branded world championship attire 3 months after is over  :thinking:

Launching 2018 branded world championship attire 3 months after is over  :thinking:

There's always the chance that it's for a future event, right?

There's always the chance that it's for a future event, right?

More chance they messed up and its supposed to be HCS/Halo rather than HWC.

Launching 2018 branded world championship attire 3 months after is over :thinking:

Really confused as to why this is branded as HWC instead of HCS. Would have been way cooler if they had some of these at Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ILcph7Q.png

Splyce to fuck up some brackets
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't been following Halo at all recently. What are the teams to beat this weekend? 

ILcph7Q.png

Lux should still be in pools for NOLA over Ryanoobs team considering the cutoff for that was last week.