CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I looked this up because I'm a sucker for drama. Seems like it's entirely taken out of context just to be dramatic and get a clickbaity title. He didn't say Drake used him, he just said Drake saw an opportunity to reach out to an untapped market. I'm not sure how legitimate that is, because let's be honest. Drake's huge. Personally I think he just wanted to game. However Ninja has a huge following and regularly gets 100,000 viewers a day, so if Drake saw it and used it as a business opportunity that's smart. Which is what Ninja was saying.

This is just another reason it sort of sucks that Ninja's bigger now. Witch-hunts everywhere, tons of stupid "Ninja reacts to" video's, the replies on his twitter posts are always taken advantage of and never about the content he posted. Legitimate 11 year olds in his chat. Literally pay to chat etc etc

When I first saw it I thought clickbait too but yeah the whole thinking that Drake was looking for exposure to me is pretty telling of Ninja... I mean we are comparing 3 million twitter followers to 37 million. Then again why do I care if Ninja has an inflated sense of self I guess.

When I first saw it I thought clickbait too but yeah the whole thinking that Drake was looking for exposure to me is pretty telling of Ninja... I mean we are comparing 3 million twitter followers to 37 million. Then again why do I care if Ninja has an inflated sense of self I guess.

I mean an inflated ego sort of makes sense when you consider he blew up in 6 months making over a million a month. I don't think he needed the exposure either but to say Ninja said he was being used is inaccurate.

What a surprise, Spartan is crying on twitter on getting handed L's left and right, and water is wet lol.

I wish twitter existed from 2004-2008, would have been hilarious.

if the mlg forums were still up wed have all that gold.

<p>

Playing to 30 kills instead of 50 kills when playing 2v2 team slayer in Halo 1 would eliminate the possibility for momentum shifts and comebacks especially on a fast pace map like Derelict. I have seen some 2v2 team slayer games on Derelict end in under 7 min.

While 15-20 min games is the norm when playing 2v2 team slayer on a map like Damnation it is still possible for 2v2 team slayer games on Damnation to end in under 10 min.

Its not for the players benefit. Its to theoreically speed up games and get to the juicy part faster. Its definitely less fun for players and could potentially make the games last longer as kills/deaths would mean more.

I think if you played to 30 instead of 50 you would still see the come backs. I firmly believe most players don't play the entire 50 kills with the same mindset that they do when they see the game is almost over. People would just take everything more seriously earlier once they adjusted

Happy to say I will actually be In New Orleans next week. I'll be the secondary photographer for MLG on the Halo side of things. So much for my break from events haha

Happy to be going and grateful for the opportunity. <3 Hope to see some familiar faces

You wouldn't be a Halo photographer if you didn't retire and un-retire at least 3 times.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I thought that @@Frostbite XV2 was talking about Halo 1's spawn system in the context of 2v2 team slayer because before that people were talking about what is currently holding Halo 1 back from being a viewer friendly game for esports/competitive play. Not only do people rarely play FFA, 3v3, 4v4, and 8v8 at Halo 1 LAN's due to those formats not being as competitively viable as 2v2 team slayer but also because it's not as logistically easy to play those formats at Halo 1 LANs as it is to play 2v2 at Halo 1 LANs.

While Halo 1's spawn system isn't ideal for FFA, 3v3, 4v4, and BTB I can still tolerate playing Halo 1 in those formats. What allows me to tolerate playing Halo 1 in formats outside of 2v2 is it's weapon sandbox, power-ups, melee mechanics, grenade mechanics, grenade tricks, static item spawn system, button glitches, being able to quick camo, and maps. To me those aspects of Halo 1 that I listed greatly outweighs any flaws that Halo 1's spawn system has when playing the game in formats outside of 2v2 team slayer.

My post was referring to my general experience with CE (as you pointed out, I'm sure I'm missing a few important aspects of it, since I only began taking MP seriously around H2). This includes some 2v2, but the 4v4 gameplay in MCC (in addition to a probably recency bias) sticks out mostly since it's the most in-depth I've been able to play CE

Ninja is delusional and bratty as always, what an unbelievably stupid comment. Its's DRAKE. He doesn't need to strategize for exposure by playing with popular video game streamers.

It's like he is never happy with anything. He makes a million a month and still finds ways to complain.

"Is he gonna buy my next line of Ninja merch? ‘Or my Ninja headband? Probably not."

Generally I try to be a fan but every month or so Ninja says something ridiculous like this.

As always, you have the absolute worst takes.  

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In regards to the Ninja/Drake thing: Obviously Drake doesn’t need help to increase his following at this point but look at everything that happened when he was playing Fortnite with Ninja for the first time:

-Articles about him playing the game

-Twitch viewership records being broken or close to broken (I don’t really remember but it was around 600k viewers)

-The discussion about it on twitter

-The Memes

And all Drake had to do was bring his PlayStation to the recording studio and play with the biggest Fortnite streamer in the game. This was essentially the equivalent of someone going on a talk show. Sure people know you but you do shit like this so people continue to talk about you.

I’m not going to disagree that Ninja’s ego has gotten big but to say Drake didn’t know what he was doing or didn’t get something out of playing with Ninja is pretty foolish.

• Upvote (+1) 6

On the whole Ninja and Drake thing:

I got nothin'. It's irrelevant to me. Scorpion wasn't that great tho tbh

• Upvote (+1) 7

My post was referring to my general experience with CE (as you pointed out, I'm sure I'm missing a few important aspects of it, since I only began taking MP seriously around H2). This includes some 2v2, but the 4v4 gameplay in MCC (in addition to a probably recency bias) sticks out mostly since it's the most in-depth I've been able to play CE

Judging CE’s merit on 4v4 is like judging the merit of Halo 5 on breakout. If you haven’t already, do yourself a favor. Get a timer and a partner and hop in the doubles playlist. Despite the many issues with CE on MCC ( which hopefully will get fixed at some point) you’ll still experience one of the finest competitive FPS to ever grace a console. Since the ranking system is pretty much pointless your bound to get some games where you just get absolutely shit on but if you come at it from the right mindset of trying to get better and learning from your opponent you’re still going to have a good time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Drake clearly doesn’t need Ninjas help with exposure, but obviously, he chose the make a spectacle out of his game night. He didn’t HAVE to play with a top streamer. He could have remained anonymous like he probably does any other time he plays. It was planned publicity- no different than a celebrity going on a late night talk show or doing a radio interview.

happy 4th of july everyone. please dont lose any fingers before halo infinite comes out

>implying that you won't need EXTRA fingers for whatever convoluted control schemes they come up with to accommodate the six extra abilities.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I got nothin'. It's irrelevant to me. Scorpion wasn't that great tho tbh

There are some fluff songs on there that definitely could have been axed but there are plenty of albums like that

Nonstop

Survival

Mob Ties

Can't Take A Joke

Sandra's Rose

Summer Games

Is There More

Thats How You Feel

Blue Tint

In My Feelings

Don't Matter To Me

Nice For What

I'm Upset 

God's Plan

All bangers. I think a lot of it comes down to which Drake you lean; singing Drake, gangster shit Drake or freestyle Drake. There's way more freestyle type tracks than any album he's dropped before but overall it's a massive upgrade on More Life (which was my favourite record of his before despite most people hating it)

OT: Renegades top 3, REC+Tox top 2

• Upvote (+1) 4

You wouldn't be a Halo photographer if you didn't retire and un-retire at least 3 times.

BIG facts lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

In regards to the Ninja/Drake thing: Obviously Drake doesn’t need help to increase his following at this point but look at everything that happened when he was playing Fortnite with Ninja for the first time:

-Articles about him playing the game

-Twitch viewership records being broken or close to broken (I don’t really remember but it was around 600k viewers)

-The discussion about it on twitter

-The Memes

And all Drake had to do was bring his PlayStation to the recording studio and play with the biggest Fortnite streamer in the game. This was essentially the equivalent of someone going on a talk show. Sure people know you but you do shit like this so people continue to talk about you.

I’m not going to disagree that Ninja’s ego has gotten big but to say Drake didn’t know what he was doing or didn’t get something out of playing with Ninja is pretty foolish.

Dude Ninja got way more from that exchange than Drake. At least 300 000 people watching didn’t give a fuck about Ninja and were only there for Drake.
  • Upvote (+1) 3