CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Master Chief skin with Gravity Hammer pickaxe. I would buy that. I wonder if anyone going to make Narrows next!

• Upvote (+1) 5

happy 4th of july everyone. please dont lose any fingers before halo infinite comes out

• Upvote (+1) 6

An updated teams list. Hopefully I get the LAN gamertags so it can be tracked too!

uwfCLsm.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Good news! The EU copyright directive proposal has been rejected. There'll be another vote in September however, so if a MEP from your country voted for it, try to change their minds.

List of MEP votes sorted by country:

https://np.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/8wblrj/mep_votes_on_the_eu_copyright_directive_by_name/

Most notables are Romania & France voting overwhelmingly for it, all Swedish MEP's voted against, all Polish except for three who abstained from voting voted against, and Estonia only had one MEP who voted for it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good news! The EU copyright directive proposal has been rejected. There'll be another vote in September however, so if a MEP from your country voted for it, try to change their minds.

https://np.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/8wblrj/mep_votes_on_the_eu_copyright_directive_by_name/

Most notables are Romania & France voting overwhelmingly for it, all Swedish MEP's voted against, all Polish except for three who abstained from voting voted against, and Estonia only had one MEP who voted for it.

The fact that the vote was kind of close really really demonstrates how little our political leaders actually understand about technology.  Same thing when Zuckerberg was interviewed by congress.  Most of the questions were ludicrously disconnected and easy.  A link tax and upload filter?  For fucks sake, the biggest effect of those provisions would be to centralize power for what can and can't be done on the internet to a few giants.  Especially the upload filter.  The only way for that to even work well enough would be to throw everything online via better AI systems than currently exist and pre-legislate what is and isn't fair use.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that the vote was kind of close really really demonstrates how little our political leaders actually understand about technology.  Same thing when Zuckerberg was interviewed by congress.  Most of the questions were ludicrously disconnected and easy.  A link tax and upload filter?  For fucks sake, the biggest effect of those provisions would be to centralize power for what can and can't be done on the internet to a few giants.  Especially the upload filter.  The only way for that to even work well enough would be to throw everything online via better AI systems than currently exist and pre-legislate what is and isn't fair use.

Really only close because of France, which has always been shit on copyright issues(and if I had to guess are pushing the majority of copyright restriction issues), would also blame it on lobbying more than politicians understanding technology or not.

Well not everyone will be there!

It's your birthday, you're allowed to tell us all off and say how much better you are. We'll understand.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit...

This is my first time hearing about this issue, but an upload filter? Lol @ trying to make that work... and if they did, RIP memes

Man, I've got a huge test on the upper body next week. Sitting here studying stressed out and I see Saiyan is streaming scims. "Great, I can have some relaxing background noise of something I enjoy," I think. Joke's on me, no comms!

When did that become a thing?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man, I've got a huge test on the upper body next week. Sitting here studying stressed out and I see Saiyan is streaming scims. "Great, I can have some relaxing background noise of something I enjoy," I think. Joke's on me, no comms!

When did that become a thing?

I mean I guess as a team its probably nice to scrim and speak to each other without people listening. As far as their personal brand streaming without comms just isn't going to be helpful at all. Halo is in a pretty bad place so maybe that isn't even really a factor for them