CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well we've had sprintybois for three games and the franchise is in the shit. So many fans have turned away and a real halo game could bring them back. 

Side note: "Real Halo" instead of "classic Halo" sounds better to me

Either way its sad that we have to have a term to describe which version of Halo we're talking about. We didn't all keep buying games and supporting the series to have the mechanics keep changing completely every few years

Yeah Meadowlands 08 Ambush, first top 8 placement for everyone of them unless I'm forgetting something.

You're right.

Ten years later here we are again with Lux potentially.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The truth comes out

*The midship comes out

*The heretic comes out  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Either way its sad that we have to have a term to describe which version of Halo we're talking about. We didn't all keep buying games and supporting the series to have the mechanics keep changing completely every few years

Ok from now on Halo 1-3 are Halo and Halo Reach-5 are "sprintybois" to me.

• Upvote (+1) 6

#Lockhimup

#Makehalogreatagain

What does the tweet say, im on a work computer  :(

I have a request guys, if you post a tweet please post the actual tweet not a screenshot of said tweet (unless said tweet has been deleted). Like this - 

The truth comes out

We keep getting little tidbits about the changes that the pro team were able to make to the game and its all very VERY basic traits of real halo games.  Its pretty clear that microsoft handed the reigns to halo to a group of people that really didn't know what halo was about or were so eager to "make their mark" that they were willing to throw out the babies with the bathwater.

what we know the pro team actually achieved:
- correct callouts on Bigship
- being able to drop the flag
- no descope (they "had to fight tooth and nail for this")

idk but to me it's insanity to hire 5 very qualified people full time to be glorified game testers and give them very minor design input, while someone like Kevin Franklin (who was already know to have no clue what he's doing after the disaster that was H4 MP) was given enough power to create Warzone and Breakout, two of the worst gametypes in Halo history that probably wasted thousands of man-hours during development. 343s management is truly a mess.

I would give more credit for Warzone to Josh Holmes.  If you look at the new game he is making, it's basically warzone - story mode. It still baffles me that 343 took the strategy of "do it different before we do it right" for 2 straight games.  I still think things looks brighter for the game as a whole right now than it has in a while.  I do like the new level of transparency, work on MCC and think some personnel moves (additions, subtractions and new roles) are positive.  Though obviously some of the recent subtractions have been bad.

• Upvote (+1) 4

basically people who want classic halo are right wing nut jobs while people who enjoyed reach, 4, and 5 are liberal intellectuals 

so...

qZ14kmA.png

Lmao who did that vomit come from

• Downvote (-1) 1

To be honest you have to have a very high IQ to understand Halo 4 and 5.

To understand how awful they are?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Refuge is too tall and too wide for Halo 5. They didn't need to make such a drastic expansion of Sanc to make it fit in this game. I'm 100% positive that Fathom is actually smaller than Refuge, and the new Flag settings they made specifically for Refuge would work three times better in Fathom.

The issue with making maps fit for Halo 5 isn't even that hard to solve either. More vertical than horizontal expansion is all you really need to fit a map in the game, but all three Forge additions don't have this idea integrated into their design, and it shows. Long sightlines that far exceed the Magnum's Red Reticle Range, crazy open spaces that a Sprint Thrust Slide could only traverse, and the constant, fucking, jungle gym bullshit they put into a map so you have to clamber every ledge like a ******** monkey, is teetering over the borderline of asinine design choices.

In summary, Sanc needs a resize, Fathom needs to replace Empire.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Last few pages have been absolutely glorious. Love this forum. It’s the Master Race afterall.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ten years later here we are again with Lux potentially.

Power at Raleigh 2010

Victorious Secret Dallas 2011

Pure at Raleigh 2011

Suddoths in H2A

There have been many who have achieved it. That's why open events are so much fun. 5K breaking into the top 4 when it was 2 of their first LANs and the other 2s first top 8 appearance was remarkable though. Team Classic at Meadowlands 08 had 3 players who had never seen pro bracket placing second which was insane.

Really pulling for LUX @ NOLA!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Refuge is too tall and too wide for Halo 5. They didn't need to make such a drastic expansion of Sanc to make it fit in this game. I'm 100% positive that Fathom is actually smaller than Refuge, and the new Flag settings they made specifically for Refuge would work three times better in Fathom.

The issue with making maps fit for Halo 5 isn't even that hard to solve either. More vertical than horizontal expansion is all you really need to fit a map in the game, but all three Forge additions don't have this idea integrated into their design, and it shows. Long sightlines that far exceed the Magnum's Red Reticle Range, crazy open spaces that a Sprint Thrust Slide could only traverse, and the constant, fucking, jungle gym bullshit they put into a map so you have to clamber every ledge like a ******** monkey, is teetering over the borderline of asinine design choices.

In summary, Sanc needs a resize, Fathom needs to replace Empire.

I agree that a slightly smaller Sanc would be nice. Pretty much just have to drag the hut closer to the center of the map and then use that as a reference for the rest of the base. Fathom hasn't really been good since the first season, and Empire SH has become one of the better objs since autos were removed. If anything should come back it's Regret TS in place of Fissure or Eden Ball to get the gametypes even again.

Eden Ball is inexcusably bad. The other ones came out better than I expected.

Do you prefer oddball on the pelican map over Eden?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you prefer oddball on the pelican map over Eden?

Honestly I'm unsure, both are bad to me but Eden is the one I dread more, possibly just because it's not new to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Eden - Well it is a rectangle so if the ball is in blue you spawn red and have to run the gauntlet past elevated power positions  for quite sometime. Also let's say you spawn red outside, you have the chance of bad guys either spawning just to your left at red plat, or if you get in a fight half way to the ball and blue base you might get spawned behind. Anything else I'm missing?

Echelon - Besides getting out slayed by a better team locking down top lift, what are people's gripes with this Oddball map?

Fissure - Kind of like Echelon, this maps plays well enough to me. It just has fewer random flank pathways than Echelon and in a way is a very simple map that requires basic team execution to win outside of the gamble to leave setup for OS.