CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Doc in this case stands for documentary, so a Halo esports documentary.

Slow down there, explain it to me in terms I can understand

• Upvote (+1) 8

Here's a fun story for you all that has nothing to do with this debate.

In 10th Grade US History, my teacher would review the material that was going to be on the test the next day by giving all of us a bullet point list of glossary terms to read up on to prepare.  For the chapter about the War of 1812, he told us to make sure we paid attention to the Battle of N'awlins.  First thing the next morning, one of the popular girls in the class raised her hand, distraught, and said, "Mr. Jones, I looked through the book all night and I couldn't find the Battle of N'awlins anywhere!"

This was also back when Applebee's had an item on their menu called the N'awlins Skillet.  And at the time, in my town, Applebee's was the only big chain sit down restaurant around (it was before my city voted to go wet/sell alcohol).

This has been your periodic dose of useless stories from my past.  I hope you all enjoyed it.

Jesus, where are you from? 1925?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fill me in, what is the Halo doc

hitch wanted to do a documentary on the history of halo esports

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope it's good

Spielberg is still involved i think so it should be ok. it does suck that its gonna be on showtime. i'm not getting that network just for halo

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Spielberg is still involved i think so it should be ok. it does suck that its gonna be on showtime. i'm not getting that network just for halo

if you know someone with premium channels you can use their login/pass on showtime anytime for the on demand

Spielberg was also involved in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull..... So I wouldn't say his involvement guarantees it being any good.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let me rephrase that I hope it is what I expect/want out of a halo tv show. Something gritty and about war. Has Spielberg directed those kinds of movies before? I don't know much about the film industry. 

They really need to reset this team arena ranking. i had a silver and a champ on my team and the champ was almost as bad as the silver hooooly shit

They really need to reset this team arena ranking. i had a silver and a champ on my team and the champ was almost as bad as the silver hooooly shit

For different reasons though

• Upvote (+1) 4

Let me rephrase that I hope it is what I expect/want out of a halo tv show. Something gritty and about war. Has Spielberg directed those kinds of movies before? I don't know much about the film industry. 

not sure if serious but just in case, ill take the bait and tell you spielberg is considered the greatest director of all time and made arguably the greatest war movie ever - saving private ryan

his notables: 

e.t

jaws

jurassic park

indiana jones

schindlers list

close encounters of the third kind

minority report

war of the worlds

artificial intelligence

ready player one

Splyce top 1 @ LAN