CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Fathom flag is better than every slayer and Empire SH but yea let's remove it lmao.

The fact we're removing this but no Slayer alone is beyond baffling. Slayer is garbage in every way but CTF gets the ax despite being the best of the 3 gametypes on the map it's on. This world, man. It's unreal.

Fathom flag is better than every slayer and Empire SH but yea let's remove it lmao.

I think everyone has just given up on the idea of removing slayers. Too many people out there have alternating TS and OBJ ingrained in there minds as "being Halo".

I feel like I'd take Empire SH over Fathom as a player, but even if they are tied for the worst OBJ Fathom has to take the worst to watch crown by a mile. Literally the first OBJ map I can think of that can rival slow-paced TS maps with its sleep-inducing capabilities.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think everyone has just given up on the idea of removing slayers. Too many people out there have alternating TS and OBJ ingrained in there minds as "being Halo".

I feel like I'd take Empire SH over Fathom as a player, but even if they are tied for the worst OBJ Fathom has to take the worst to watch crown by a mile. Literally the first OBJ map I can think of that can rival slow-paced TS maps with its sleep-inducing capabilities.

I would take slow paced, and methodical play on a map that's good, predictable and flows well, over grenade haven, "Hold the Pit" garbage known as Empire SH. If I could sacrifice a baby goat to the 343i gods to be rid of Empire SH, I would.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know the rules for MS store FFAs? I see 7 people signed up for a local one. Do they still give the 1st-3rd prizes if the turnout is that low?

Anyone know the rules for MS store FFAs? I see 7 people signed up for a local one. Do they still give the 1st-3rd prizes if the turnout is that low?

they try to use the global rules but it's literally down to the store employees to decide. some dont even let you use your own controller
  • Upvote (+1) 2

some dont even let you use your own controller

I refuse to believe this.

I refuse to believe this.

There were multiple cases of it happening during the first MS store tournaments.  There were even some stores that didn't use the actual HCS settings if I remember correctly.

There were multiple cases of it happening during the first MS store tournaments. There were even some stores that didn't use the actual HCS settings if I remember correctly.

correct, mine used default slayer settings and wouldnt let people use their own controllers

Even the recent FFA World Qualifiers online were a mess. Multiple replays had to be done all the way up to the finals due to the game advisers having the wrong settings or wrong map order.    

In an unsurprising turn of events, Halo plays better without ground pound and spartan charge.

but how will i feel like a highly trained supersoldier without moves that give up any tactical advantage a highly trained super soldier would have?!

There were multiple cases of it happening during the first MS store tournaments. There were even some stores that didn't use the actual HCS settings if I remember correctly.

I went to the first ever FFA and my store didn’t even know they were supposed to run a tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

nJsTxvkcmZV9Y_wvGFkfBGHNA2xPfdcWtEspIHs9

Is this a new thing? I don't remember seeing it before, and Halo is definitely 17 this year,

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How is the game without ground pound/SP? Does it lower skill gap or anything like that? I imagine some jumps/places are limited now without GP hover thing to help

Take them all out? I'd rather watch Fathom than Empire anything but it's not binary "this or that". Let's have some new stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So now the Fathom flag is best gametype ? There is now lower skill gap without ground pound ? Lmao I am dead. 

How is the game without ground pound/SP? Does it lower skill gap or anything like that? I imagine some jumps/places are limited now without GP hover thing to help

removing gp definately increases skill gap since players can't stall for thrust while playing off the edge of a map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know what headphones ninja uses

Not sure if you're just trying to get Ninja's name in here for a joke, but if serious: Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO

They're pretty good, open back big sound stage meant for music but good for gaming  

I played custom FFAs and didnt see a huge difference, SC is rarely used anyway but the lack of GP did make me play a bit differently. Should affect movement for pros though

I can confirm the Easton MS store in Columbus gives out prizes no matter the turnout

Not sure if you're just trying to get Ninja's name in here for a joke, but if serious: Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO

They're pretty good, open back big sound stage meant for music but good for gaming

No im serious. What are they? I wanted to ask, but his chat is sub only and donations are a 10 dollar minimum

That's one of the amazing things about Ninja's success right now. He can leave it in submode and still have 220,000 people talking lmao. Literally pay to chat. I tried to use a command he had in his title and couldn't because it was sub-only.  :D

Don't blame him though, his chat would be nuts without submode.

While I agree wholeheartedly that Slayer needs to be looked at as a whole, what do we replace it with?  We don't have a round based mode like SnD because they removed breakout (although I suppose you could tweak it and attempt to bring it back).  So is CTF the new final map mode?  Then all of a sudden Ball/Strongholds becomes a hell of a lot more important.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind seeing it gone, but there needs to be a plan in place if it were to be removed.