CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Epic is going to kill Fortnite if they continue to keep nerfing the uniqueness of their game.

such as? Don't really keep up with fortnite.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

such as? Don't really keep up with fortnite.

People overreacting to nothing.  Epic said they are looking at ways to tweak the game so that you don't have to make an architectural masterpiece to be able to win.  Master builders are freaking out.  People that actually like gunfights are "wait and see".  Frankly, all i think they need to do is make it so you can't spam pieces in the same slot.  A lot of normal gunfights get interuppted because people just spam the build button while they wait for you to knock their wall down until you reload, other players swoop in, etc.  Add like a half second delay between when one of your pieces gets destroyed and when you can build in that same spot again.  People can still build to block shots, but they would also have to keep moving to avoid taking damage so its not just repeat building in the same exact slot.

• Upvote (+1) 4

People overreacting to nothing. Epic said they are looking at ways to tweak the game so that you don't have to make an architectural masterpiece to be able to win. Master builders are freaking out. People that actually like gunfights are "wait and see". Frankly, all i think they need to do is make it so you can't spam pieces in the same slot. A lot of normal gunfights get interuppted because people just spam the build button while they wait for you to knock their wall down until you reload, other players swoop in, etc. Add like a half second delay between when one of your pieces gets destroyed and when you can build in that same spot again. People can still build to block shots, but they would also have to keep moving to avoid taking damage so its not just repeat building in the same exact slot.

Lol it's because building is by far the most skilled area of the game and the main reason people play Fortnite. The shooting mechanics are trash in the game so trying to focus more on "gunfights" is gonna kill the game. You literally have an AIMBOT with a controller every time you ADS. Guns have damage drop off and bloom, explosives are insanely broken, minigun and C4 buffs give even the noobiest kids a chance to beat good builders. On top of trying to make people farm more (the most boring aspect of the game) they're just making the game even easier for bad kids lol. They are absolutely going down a bad path by nerfing the one mechanic that separates this game from every other BR.

And spamming pieces in the same spot is necessary lol if they keep nerfing everything about building like they've already been doing then numbers advantage in other modes is gonna be damn near unstoppable no matter how good you are. There's only so much you can do in a game where you have to stand still and crouch to shoot at range.

• Upvote (+1) 4

At first I was thinking "Why does Fortnite even need to have competitive merit, it's a game for the masses."

But yeah if they're putting in 100m towards esports and have that world cup thing, they definitely need to solidify it. I don't like how RNG it is, and I don't like how easy gunfights are.

I think they might've screwed themselves with this esports initiative. Why does every game need it these days? They were doing fine without any inkling of esports on the mind officially.

The first step to having a successful competitive game is to have a successful game. People will watch competitive fortnite because people watch fortnite.

I have two things to I’d like say:

1. Ninja is a super genius for switching from Halo to Fortnite so he could get super famous and singlehandily save Halo when Halo guardians drops and Fortnite becomes stale. He’ll switch back to Halo and singlehandidly bring in 100k+ viewers to Halo on Twitch everynight thus reviving the franchise and the competitive scene.

2. I wrote the first part as a troll because of how fucking pissed I am that Lethul’s comeback stream happened during my vacation. L8r nerds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

was a fun comeback stream. lethul abused his chat in glorious fashion

looking for some upsets today - would love to see mikwen, penguin, apg and neptune make it happen

• Upvote (+1) 1

bracket for the 2k

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/xboxone/halo-5-guardians/tournament/na-hcs-2000-series-06-23

some team names to watch not on front page or different from front page. I'll try and keep up with top 8 on a spreadsheet after this 2k

Heart of the cards:

artic

bubu

demon d

spartan

Fortnite time:

destroyed

nemassit

ace

str8 sick

new rng:

apg

mikwen

penguin

xXRaptor187Xx

3 old men and a moose:

musa

rayne

ryanoob

shooter

elevate:

el town

rammy

falcated

sabinater

• Upvote (+1) 4

No tweets from HCS today on 2K day?

????

Was the goal to replace Fathom CTF with an improved Sanc CTF?

If so, I think they failed. I have yet to play a game that didn't go the distance or into OT, and I think I saw at least 2 replays between top teams in the 2k today. The only thing I like about Sanc is the sniper battles which H5 has been missing, but otherwise I enjoyed Fathom a lot more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No tweets from HCS today on 2K day?

????

Just give me the HCS twitter password and I will tweet all day 7 days a week for free .  :simms: