CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

if you do are you allowed to stream it? that would be pretty cool

Ryan's cousin is casting over matches, and Ryanoob is currently playing if you want to check it out.

https://www.twitch.tv/the_fronz

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’ve seen a lot of birth announcements over the last year +.....so Happy Father’s Day to all the dads here

Oh thank fuck, for a second I thought I missed Fathers Day.

Wait, why is Fathers Day on different dates in different countries. The fuck?

I know I'm late but I just want to wish my awesome father a happy Father's Day. Would have this green bar if it wasn't for you. And if the gold ever rolls around, I'll have you to thank. You've been here through my highs and lows and I can't thank you enough.

Love you dad.

You're welcome, Son.

• Upvote (+1) 6

He would have been a world champion in Halo.

Money over glory for some. Not everyone takes cuts for rings. Then again, he genuinely enjoys WWII more.

Money over glory for some. Not everyone takes cuts for rings. Then again, he genuinely enjoys WWII more.

Wuat he would have made at least 300k from Halo last year

He would have been a world champion in Halo.

Why would he have been Champion? His last 2 event placings with nV were 4th and 3rd.

We have no idea how he would have worked out with Halo, it's quite possible he could of been on a new dominant team or placed 3/4th behind Splyce and TOX. It's hard to say at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone notice the amount of empty seats during the grand finals of the COD event?

I stopped watching after LG was eliminated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah I was surprised by the viewer count as well (for the COD event), only like 20k on Twitch for the winners finals

also this is somewhat off-topic, but Origin is having a huge sale ... Titanfall 2 for $5, Dragon Age Inquisition for $5, Mass Effect trilogy for $7 etc.

one payout that is heavily taxed and divided up can't be compared to the deals the cod orgs are dishing out

yeah I was surprised by the viewer count as well (for the COD event), only like 20k on Twitch for the winners finals

also this is somewhat off-topic, but Origin is having a huge sale ... Titanfall 2 for $5, Dragon Age Inquisition for $5, Mass Effect trilogy for $7 etc.

Fortnite has to be killing their casual community, but then again the casual community is not watching MLG events either so idk

Why would he have been Champion? His last 2 event placings with nV were 4th and 3rd.

We have no idea how he would have worked out with Halo, it's quite possible he could of been on a new dominant team or placed 3/4th behind Splyce and TOX. It's hard to say at this point.

I think it was likely that he would have been in Splyce with the rest of the young gods

one payout that is heavily taxed and divided up can't be compared to the deals the cod orgs are dishing out

I don’t think he is getting more than a 3k salary. Even if he was getting 5k he would have made more money in Halo.

Fortnite has to be killing their casual community, but then again the casual community is not watching MLG events either so idk

Or people are finally bored of COD every fucking year lol.

BR's are all the rage right now. Respawn games are out heh.

I think it was likely that he would have been in Splyce with the rest of the young gods

and there's no guarantees it would have worked out as well as the current roster.

Or people are finally bored of COD every fucking year lol.

BR's are all the rage right now. Respawn games are out heh.

The game still sells like crazy each year,plus there were still 139 teams that attended the event. We also had Father's Day on Sunday - could have played into the viewership. Really curious how the rest of the year will play out.

I’m curious as to how cod worlds in nationwide arena is going to look if optic doesn’t place well, how empty it will look.

We are currently back to being AGL tier, just with MLG funding. Maybe if Online Play had begun as promised than we wouldn't be in as pathetic of a state as we are in. Teams aren't even scrimming really. 

NOLA will struggle to get past 10k viewers and will hopefully have 50 teams, but I'm expecting less. Seems like no one cares. Isn't it someone's career to care?

• Upvote (+1) 4

We are currently back to being AGL tier, just with MLG funding. Maybe if Online Play had begun as promised than we wouldn't be in as pathetic of a state as we are in. Teams aren't even scrimming really. 

NOLA will struggle to get past 10k viewers and will hopefully have 50 teams, but I'm expecting less. Seems like no one cares. Isn't it someone's career to care?

Yes, but they also have to have a product worth selling, otherwise they will just be in survival mode until they do.  Honestly I am sure there are people at 343 that give a lot of shits about having Halo be a great popular esport, but any growth opportunities Halo may have had 2.5 years ago are long gone and we're just trying to survive the winter.

Please dont ever compare Agl and Mlg. You are saying this only because you have the comfort of knowing we have the Mlg right know. We could fall much, much deeper, than we are right know. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Please dont ever compare Agl and Mlg. You are saying this only because you have the comfort of knowing we have the Mlg right know. We could fall much, much deeper, than we are right know. 

It's really not that far off. The production and events are 100% better, but even back then people were streaming and playing Halo more than they are now.

It's really not that far off. The production and events are 100% better, but even back then people were streaming and playing Halo more than they are now.

It is what it is. Halo 5 is done, nobody wants to play it anymore, that is the problem. Infinity is far from finished, but not much we can do till then really. Some throwback tournaments would be nice, but that wont get us back on the horse. We have to wait unfortunately and live trough this.

But please dont compare current state to Halo 4 tournaments run by Agl. Please.

• Upvote (+1) 1