CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@RyaNoob i enjoyed seeing your name in the ti open quals.

Huh looks like theyre redoing the whole thing tomorrow...you gonna try again?

@@RyaNoob i enjoyed seeing your name in the ti open quals.

Huh looks like theyre redoing the whole thing tomorrow...you gonna try again?

On Saturday and probably

• Upvote (+1) 5

On Saturday and probably

if you do are you allowed to stream it? that would be pretty cool

• Upvote (+1) 2

then why are other games popular on xbox?

why are rainbow 6 and battlefield more popular , on xbox, than halo 5?

Probably because Rainbow 6 Siege is one of the best shooters available now. Even if Halo 5 didn't have game play issues Siege would probably still be more popular on Xbox

@@Llamaas Tbh no org is going to be investing in Halo any time soon. Any Org looking to invest in an FPS game and chuck a team in will go to R6:Siege. Way more popular, and much more certainty about its future and the eSports scene.

Probably because Rainbow 6 Siege is one of the best shooters available now. Even if Halo 5 didn't have game play issues Siege would probably still be more popular on Xbox

@@Llamaas Tbh no org is going to be investing in Halo any time soon. Any Org looking to invest in an FPS game and chuck a team in will go to R6:Siege. Way more popular, and much more certainty about its future and the eSports scene.

the better the shooter is, the more people will buy and play it. Therefore, halo’s sales issues are about it’s quality. It’s really simple.

It makes no sense to blame Halo’s population on Xbox sales, when other shooters have healthy populations on Xbox. If Xbox sold more, it would just mean more Xbox owners playing games like RB6 instead of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

cookie-monster-waiting.gif

I think the most frustrating thing about this is being an amateur player. Its absurd that we are 4 weeks away from the first event and have no idea really of the season format, we just know the dates of the event. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

if you do are you allowed to stream it? that would be pretty cool

Allowed to but I always play bad on stream. 

I think the most frustrating thing about this is being an amateur player. Its absurd that we are 4 weeks away from the first event and have no idea really of the season format, we just know the dates of the event. 

Welcome to Halo esports!  :D

• Upvote (+1) 2

We don’t need a new Halo we just need MCC fixed. Idk about you guys but I could play a fixed H2/H3 for the rest of my sorry life.

H2 and 3? But 4 is the best esports centered Halo developed. The fuck is wrong with you guys? At least you didnt include that dogshit game CE. 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I was bored at work and was poking around different orgs websites and what is up with Reciprocity? 

They only have a Halo team and are well funded? Does anyone know their story? 

I honestly didn’t even know how close Nola was. How has there been no announcement for online play for this season?

Part of it can be blamed on Vivi leaving so quickly probably, but this shouldn’t be this hard.

Allowed to but I always play bad on stream. 

psh you played at halo worlds. a little tourney like ti shouldn't make you nervous

jk gl with your games!

So I was bored at work and was poking around different orgs websites and what is up with Reciprocity?

They only have a Halo team and are well funded? Does anyone know their story?

I wouldn't look too much into this. Group of people decided they would invest in eSports and started in a scene where the investments wouldn't be too high. They seem to be taking it professionally and trying to get some experience in the business. Good for us if you ask me. Not sure if it's good for them.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Posting this here in the off chance HCS does start doing MCC events. Fill it in so we have decent playlists to play when the game gets updated later in the year.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

https://twitter.com/ske7ch/status/1007745106403717120

Posting this here in the off chance HCS does start doing MCC events. Fill it in so we have decent playlists to play when the game gets updated later in the year.

Team Hardcore/HCS was my number one choice for each game bar CE.

Also I have a strong feeling that we're going to get some MCC tournaments. With the big focus on a classic art style in Infinite I think it's also likely that we're going to see a move towards classic gameplay. Building hype for that with MCC tournaments would be awesome.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also I have a strong feeling that we're going to get some MCC tournaments. With the big focus on a classic art style in Infinite I think it's also likely that we're going to see a move towards classic gameplay. Building hype for that with MCC tournaments would be awesome.

inb4 Halo 4 MCC tournaments

I did that for 2v2 CE and MLG H2/H3 but stuff like H4 really just needs to be a BTB game. I'd be surprised if you ever got games in a hardcore H4 playlist for example

• Upvote (+1) 1

I cant even imagine running tournaments again on this game. 

Halo esports is very upsetting and confusing right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I cant even imagine running tournaments again on this game. 

Halo esports is very upsetting and confusing right now. 

why not? other than the fact that it's antiquated and it'll probably get low viewership despite what people hope, I think it'd be a nice change of pace from year 3 of Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

why not? other than the fact that it's antiquated and it'll probably get low viewership despite what people hope, I think it'd be a nice change of pace from year 3 of Halo 5.

No API, game crashes, broken features, no spectator mode etc.

It was a complete nightmare when we tried in 2014 and 2015, now if they can get it fixed and add an API I wouldn't mind if the hype is there. Still would have an issue with streams though.

• Upvote (+1) 5