CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So on the topic of orgs, how does a little org make money or even break even?

Like take any of the 100 random orgs you see at a COD event... they're not going to place in the money, and any content online is not going to get near enough views to even cover one nights stay for the team at a hotel. So am I missing something or are all these little orgs just bleeding cash until its gone and then another one will take its place?

Feeling pretty upset today. Can’t stand the fact that all the other Halos have released roughly 3 years apart and now I am hearing 2020 rumors for multiplayer on the next installment. 5 YEAR GAP. Wtf

Also will be extremely pissed if Microsoft tries to release on next gen... they just had us buy the Scorpio and X so give us some freaking games on it

• Upvote (+1) 3

So on the topic of orgs, how does a little org make money or even break even?

Like take any of the 100 random orgs you see at a COD event... they're not going to place in the money, and any content online is not going to get near enough views to even cover one nights stay for the team at a hotel. So am I missing something or are all these little orgs just bleeding cash until its gone and then another one will take its place?

they bleed cash hoping to secure contracts with endorsers. 

a small few do make a profit off tournament winnings depending on the contract by having their team win so much money in tournaments and/or getting a very lopsided contract. I've heard stories of csgo players being heavily exploited. 

You're right. They should rush it out this year unfinished so we can complain for the next 3 years again.

I was thinking more like 2019.

And to be fair, Bungie was rushed on every title and those are regarded as the best Halos.

On a side note I had seen that rumor that Bungie would make halo games again with that 100M investment. I knew it was far fetched but that would have been cool because between them and 343 we would get halo games at a higher rate. Also the competition would escalate the creativity.

What was updated? I thought the current (previous now I guess) settings in HCS were the official ones.

$2000/mo is lower than I thought it'd be, I honestly thought some of the bigger orgs would at least be paying 4 or 5k/mo.

2000/month is and was an unreasonably high salary for a Halo player, especially given the amount of actual impact any of them have.

I say this as someone who was also overpaid in Halo compared to the amount of work done.

• Upvote (+1) 7

i cant find the original but i still have this lol

mrQ9Agu.png

Managed to track down the original even if yours is better.

C7zOclPVAAABXnI.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

Heard a rumor that H6 was halfway through production before getting scrapped for Infinite.

Maybe Moses' theory wasn't so far off after all

Yeah, hard to believe that after 3 years of development, all we get is tech demo.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I was thinking more like 2019.

And to be fair, Bungie was rushed on every title and those are regarded as the best Halos.

On a side note I had seen that rumor that Bungie would make halo games again with that 100M investment. I knew it was far fetched but that would have been cool because between them and 343 we would get halo games at a higher rate. Also the competition would escalate the creativity.

Development time is not a good indicator of success nor quality of a competitive game, especially a competitive FPS, when the vast majority of the "greatest" competitive games have been made by small teams with a singular focus(hence not under the intense pressure of selling millions of copies of the game foremost to recope the majority of the huge development cost fees) or they were mods of popular games that were built and developed primarily by community members. Dont think 343 is spending 3-4 years on Arena MP imo,  you can clearly see with Halo 5 the vast majority of the dev time and resources was not spent on competitive MP and perfecting that singular area just a  small chunk in reality.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Heard a rumor that H6 was halfway through production before getting scrapped for Infinite.

Where’d you hear this?

H6 was probably halfway done and it was H5 2.0 and someone stepped in and made a splash

Maybe Halo 6 was classic game play, but then someone stepped in and made a splash, so it was scrapped in favour of Infinite, and thats why Neighbour and co left.

Maybe Halo 6 was classic game play, but then someone stepped in and made a splash, so it was scrapped in favour of Infinite, and thats why Neighbour and co left.

Last time someone stepped in with the name Infinite, we lost OpTic Gaming.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What was his theory?

I haven't been staying up to date on this. Has it been announced how many maps are going to be selected to be added into H2A?

Forgehub is going to select their top 10 now and send those over to 343. Then the top 3 (if approved by 343!) will be added to matchmaking. So it could very well be possible that 343 only deems one map fit for the playlist.

Although in my opinion there are more than enough solid maps to pick from, so it doesn’t seem likely to me that only one map would be added.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am now convinced the games industry have forgotten how to count.

Battlefield 4 -> Battlefield 1 -> Battlefield V

Fallout 3 -> Fallout 4 -> Fallout 76

Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox One

Halo 6 isn't coming out this year because we are skipping straight to Halo 7: We don't talk about 6.

Halo 5 -> Halo INFINITE

Fuck it why not. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

What was updated? I thought the current (previous now I guess) settings in HCS were the official ones.

Im wondering the same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Feeling pretty upset today. Can’t stand the fact that all the other Halos have released roughly 3 years apart and now I am hearing 2020 rumors for multiplayer on the next installment. 5 YEAR GAP. Wtf

Also will be extremely pissed if Microsoft tries to release on next gen... they just had us buy the Scorpio and X so give us some freaking games on it

Scorpio and One X are the same thing, but it's just an upgraded version of the Xbox One, not an entirely new system. It's like the incremental performance boosts they achieved with the 360 Slim, Xbox One S, etc. It's just a small performance increase in the same gen box. It was designed to keep up with the new display tech coming out for graphics, however, Halo is most definitely going to release on the next gen console. Why not bundle your most storied exclusive with a new console? I'd be surprised if it didn't cross-over with current gen and PC, but well 343 is often surprising me in the worst ways.