CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Most of the playerbase won’t go back to H3, the nostalgia will last maybe 5 games and the you will realize that you are playing with a shitty utility weapons that can’t kill anything past 10 feet.

lol. Im sure halo 3 would pull 100 teams at any lan event, whats halo 5's record?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If Fable had something ready to show, it would've been in the E3 briefing imo.

I agree that it should of been there if it is that, but it's the only thing I can think of being there as "REDACTED." They'd put Halo: Infinite there if it was that because that's already announced. Well, it could also be Cyberpunk 2077 because of the fake hack.

"E3 2018's Halo Infinite Trailer Was Only An Engine Demo, Game Still A "Long Way" Off"

Can we stop saying what you think about the game. You havent been shown a game. Youve been show simple artwork mixed into some programming that showed a vehicle moving on a big map. 

Stop making dumbass claims.

Yeah! Everyone stop discussing things and proclaiming concrete facts! Go back to discussing absolutely nothing and the dire situation Halo is in.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I agree that it should of been there if it is that, but it's the only thing I can think of being there as "REDACTED." They'd put Halo: Infinite there if it was that because that's already announced. Well, it could also be Cyberpunk 2077 because of the fake hack.

Or they're going all in on the "Hunt the Truth" thing again. Though I'm not sure how I feel about that given how shit the campaign ended up.

Low key-I did like the lead up to the game release however

Uh? This is literally like the response of every pro and every person here, even the ones not so negative like me.

for sure, just figured that pro reactions to news about Infinite belonged in this thread

Nah. I have the original Red Dead to finish. Then FFXV, Then BotW. Then God of War.  :cool:

so it's kind of surreal but I'm literally out of video games to play at this point ... I've played every well-reviewed game on every system and now just have to wait for new games to come out.  Far Cry 5 held me over for like three weeks ... mainly waiting on Dragon Quest 11 for PC (in terms of 2018 games), then hopefully Anthem is amazing. 

H5 is incredibly stale and I've already replayed Witcher 3, Mass Effect trilogy, various FF games, etc.  any suggestions are appreciated lol; I've tried various MOBAs and MMOs, just not feeling it; don't enjoy Fortnite ...

lol. Im sure halo 3 would pull 100 teams at any lan event, whats halo 5's record?

Yeah if we go back in time to 2010 and you give people a 1 million dollar prize pool.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah if we go back in time to 2010 and you give people a 1 million dollar prize pool.

halo 3 had multiple 256 team events for 40k. Halo has been starved for years now. The 100 team is a good estimate. And if they put skins on halo3 it would pay for itself and more.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

But actually, H3 played well on LAN, I remember being able to actually kill people at a decent distance. Online, even with Fios, was absolute trash, the game was miserable to play. I remember having to get groups of people at my house to LAN before tournaments just to get crushed in the open bracket because I sucked so much ass at that game lol, I never want to go back. If they want to make a game that'll be perfect, I hope the engine mimics H2 game play, the BR was absolutely nuts in that game. That's probably why I can find H5 bearable, the magnum is absolutely fantastic. 

A lot of people look back on H3 with such fondness because of how many casuals played the game, but it was living off the success of CE and H2, 2006 MLG season being aired on ESPN skyrocketed halos stock.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

halo 3 had multiple 256 team events for 40k. Halo has been starved for years now. The 100 team is a good estimate. And if they put skins on halo3 it would pay for itself and more.

By the end of 2010 H3 was already dying. We need more players and new pros, not the same 30 teams playing because nobody wants to play MCC, even T2 was competitive in H2A because nobody played that fucking Game, even the sudds were top8 in that game.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

so it's kind of surreal but I'm literally out of video games to play at this point ... I've played every well-reviewed game on every system and now just have to wait for new games to come out. Far Cry 5 held me over for like three weeks ... mainly waiting on Dragon Quest 11 for PC (in terms of 2018 games), then hopefully Anthem is amazing.

H5 is incredibly stale and I've already replayed Witcher 3, Mass Effect trilogy, various FF games, etc. any suggestions are appreciated lol; I've tried various MOBAs and MMOs, just not feeling it; don't enjoy Fortnite ...

I've been playing PoE, not sure if it's your thing but it has me hooked.

Totally forgot about this game, it's 100% it.

Its a glorious day, the masterrace will open their golden gates to the starving, ram-sacked villagers of TB in 2019. Never shall we be forced to sprint, armor lock, 6-shot, or listen to 343's "immersion" logic again on sanctious dedicated modded Halo 6 pro mod servers. :D Hurrah!

I wouldn't be surprised if 343 brought back a classic art style, while adding new abilities like wall running and super sprint.

Then claiming it has the "classic feel" because of the artwork. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Its a glorious day, the masterrace will open their golden gates to the starving, ram-sacked villagers of TB in 2019. Never shall we be forced to sprint, armor lock, 6-shot, or listen to 343's "immersion" logic again on sanctious dedicated modded Halo 6 pro mod servers. :D Hurrah!

eh devs usually make shit a hell to mod so more like 2021 when we can play a good halo

so it's kind of surreal but I'm literally out of video games to play at this point ... I've played every well-reviewed game on every system and now just have to wait for new games to come out.  Far Cry 5 held me over for like three weeks ... mainly waiting on Dragon Quest 11 for PC (in terms of 2018 games), then hopefully Anthem is amazing. 

H5 is incredibly stale and I've already replayed Witcher 3, Mass Effect trilogy, various FF games, etc.  any suggestions are appreciated lol; I've tried various MOBAs and MMOs, just not feeling it; don't enjoy Fortnite ...

if you you like witcher 3, cyberpunk 2077 looks like its going to be great

I didn't see this talked about anywhere....

Is a new, built from scratch game engine, a possible plus for eliminating the shitty aiming in Halo 5?  

eh devs usually make shit a hell to mod so more like 2021 when we can play a good halo

Removing things like sprint, classic zoom,faster movement speed/strafe wouldn't be too difficult, but yea a full pro mod built for competitive play would take alot longer. There is obviously a strong desire for classic-style Halo, so I have no doubt a mod will be popular on PC.

If the XB1 is at the end of its cycle and keeps decreasing in popularity with the PC player-base skyrocketing for shooters like Fortnite and OW, I could envision a scenario where the PC player-base equals if not surpasses the XB1 player-base which is really just the CoD and Fortnite player-base right now. I really hope 343 encourages a healthy modding scene on PC like they kind of do on Xbox, the possibilities are much greater on PC obviously.

I wouldn't be surprised if 343 brought back a classic art style, while adding new abilities like wall running and super sprint.

Then claiming it has the "classic feel" because of the artwork. 

gag.gif