CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Doesn't GP mess with the melee system? How the hell is that insignificant? I'm disappointed in you guys already and we're only on page five.

Because melee combat isn’t as significant as people make it out to be in halo 5, no matter how much developers try emphasizing it for gameplay. Besides, isn’t the delay only applicable when jumping?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because melee combat isn’t as significant as people make it out to be in halo 5, no matter how much developers try emphasizing it for gameplay. Besides, isn’t the delay only applicable when jumping?

I don't care when it's applicable. Any ability that messes with the core pillars of Halo's gameplay is trash. That means all of the abilities are trash, one way or another.

Halo is a simple game. You shoot your weapon. You melee enemies. And you throw grenades. If any ability outside of those three messes with those three, there's a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don't know about you, but accuracy is not a big part of my play style. I mainly focus on meleeing and I was semi pro in Halo 3.

Oh man, you dug back in the archives of your memory for that one. I forgot all about that guy.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Love this tweet.

On a separate note, how has viewership been? (i'm asking un-ironically). I assume it has been poor, but I do hope it is at least pretty healthy for the sake of the pros and the people who have put so much time into it. 

When you are a lapsed Halo fan and see the current rosters...... 

1bue8c.jpg

(sorry for the double post, but I guess that's 2018 Halo :walshy: ) 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The day shitposting becomes a legitimate career path is the day I make a career change. 

The fact that Outpost would not get in because of aesthetics is beyond me. I think the reskin will undoubtedly impact gameplay just because those those types of forge pieces have strange invisible barriers. Also, MLG changed CTF settings all the time back in the glory days. They simply made an intro for the map that summarized the settings. It would say "5 captures to win" and "at the 15 minute mark the game will end unless there is a tie in which it will continue until the next flag capture." Therefore, it is very easy and necessary to have multiple versions of CTF and strongholds. I'm also unsure as to why they are not testing KOTH. If they actually do disable sprint (probably will refuse to do so) KOTH should be fairly easy to make competitive settings for. Also, for the guy asking about viewership it was around 18k for the majority of champ sunday and 30k for the finals. Only difference came from Ninja dropping 100k viewers on the stream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

...Sanctum/Outpost looks way better than Fissure, after the updates at least.

Outright replacing Fathom is pretty weird.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it was around 18k for the majority of champ sunday and 30k for the finals. Only difference came from Ninja dropping 100k viewers on the stream.

on Twitch, there were ~20k viewers on other platforms.  still not amazing, but 50k is not terrible

I sure do love me some 7-lane CTF

Lol. I know a lot of people like Fathom but personally I abhor watching and playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

YES please do remove Fathom. I would literally stop watching every time it went to full replay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't care when it's applicable. Any ability that messes with the core pillars of Halo's gameplay is trash. That means all of the abilities are trash, one way or another.

Halo is a simple game. You shoot your weapon. You melee enemies. And you throw grenades. If any ability outside of those three messes with those three, there's a problem.

Ah. The Golden Triangle™. Two extremely easy mechanics for making people one shot with a single button press and that one where you have to see your target and aim to do damage.

Melee with auto-lunge is trash.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I’m just saying, I think Empire Strongholds is far and away the absolute worst map/gametype on the circuit and has been since they removed Breakout. You want a coin flippy complete momentum ruiner to decide the series? Empire Strongholds, game 3. :) KMS.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Doesn't GP mess with the melee system? How the hell is that insignificant? I'm disappointed in you guys already and we're only on page five.

that aspect of it is important. but in the grand scheme of things, it isn't going to have a real impact on the how matches flow. GP is going to increase melee speed in a specific scenario.

these changes are meant to bring a more deliberate pacing to map movement. and that won't really happen so long as sprint, slide, and thrust can be used in combination.

maybe I'm wrong, but i can't imagine that any viewer would be so confused by a particular map having a different ruleset, that they wouldnt watch.

like you just show the map rules before the map starts and the viewer will say "oh ok". someone might show up midmatch and be momentarily confused, but casters would be taking about it and twitch chat would be answering questions... it would be short lived confusion.

i just don't understand this reluctance to make things make sense gameplay wise for fear that viewers won't comprehend. I'm glad they are slowly opening up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Aww man I kind of like fathom as well just bcs I love doing that thrust jump to camo off that little platform. 

...Sanctum/Outpost looks way better than Fissure, after the updates at least.

Outright replacing Fathom is pretty weird.

Idk playing CTF on three walls one tunnel and two ramps got kind of old after awhile. It was honestly never good and I don't understand why its taken this long for people to start doing something about it

I will say though far and away the least fun I have on H5 is Empire. I hate that map in any game mode.

For the love of fuck..... Fathom flag would be fine with 10 second respawns. It's the need for 3 rounds of slaying and the easy AF OEs that make it shit.

• Upvote (+1) 5