CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not specifically, haven't played it enough. Just recognize that they can't spawn on ball so when you spawn somewhere you should know where their team spawns and can guess where they would want to go.

Alright man thanks. I appreciate the replies.

Just the thought of playing H3 again makes me vomit. The online inconsistency is just too much, you can’t have a game that only works on LAN

Someone isn't in the insider preview

• Upvote (+1) 1

oh also 

Uh? This is literally like the response of every pro and every person here, even the ones not so negative like me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is having to quit the build out of lobbies because someone quits before the game starts and it never fills normal for H5 now? I decided to actually try finishing my placements and 4 games in I've had to back out more than I've gotten to play

Strap yourselves in boys we've still got at least another 2 years of this game.

Nah. I have the original Red Dead to finish. Then FFXV, Then BotW. Then God of War.  :cool:

Is having to quit the build out lobbies because someone quits before the game starts and it never fills normal for H5 now? I decided to actually try finishing my placements and 4 games in I've had to back out more than I've gotten to play

It does fill up again. It just takes a super long time sometimes.

It does fill up again. It just takes a super long time sometimes.

Yeah a couple of them I waited for but its honestly a little crazy how people try to dodge the second anything with oddball or the forge maps comes up

Fashionably late, just wrapped up watching the MS/Bethesda conferences.

In regards to Halo: Infinite:

The game, (graphically, at least) looks fucking spectacular. The Slipstream engine looks to be on a level on par with today's powerhouse engines (Frostbite (heh) and Snowdrop to a lesser extent). Very happy to see the classic art style to be confirmed back, at least in some significant portion.

That said,

Classic art style doesn't do shit for me without classic gameplay. The trailer did have a classic vibe and their wording does seem to indicate that they're going with a classic overall style. Combined with their newfound communication skills over the past couple of months, I now have an atom-sized smidgen of hope, which is more than I could say 6 months ago.

I think we can all now agree a 2018 release is out of the question. I'd be eyeing 2020 w/ Gears launching next year, as someone mentioned. I don't particularly mind it either tbh. The MCC fix will presumably bring back 3 games that I could continuously play for another 10 years, never mind 2. I'd say let the community have classic MCC tourneys from then to keep the esports community going and have the franchise go dormant from then until the Infinite is ready to be shown off. That way, 343 can go radio-silent for a year or so off of a high note of fixing MCC, then build up the hype with the preview versions of Infinite at a minimum of a year prior to launch, so changes can still be made. 

Also, this post aged well  :simms:

Time to be disappointed from the lack of ES6 during the Bethesda conference

Edit: Also, @@Infinity 100% has some kind of intel and just isn't sharing it, too much of a coincidence from working with 343/MLG to having the next Halo sequel named after him  :intel:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ive never really watched actionman and just randomly decided to put his channel on. Idk how this dude does it. So much energy. Ive been watching for like 2-3hrs now while I played and he just constantly keeps the catchphrases going. "im in your face", "Omaha", "We're trading! Take out your pokemon and yugioh cards". Its insane.

Also idk why but I find his trading line hilarious.

I am not really fan of these kind of streamers, but I appreciate he promotes Halo. I think he could be quite successful if he is still around when Infinite (shit this name sounds terrible) comes out. Given its good game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is this MCC update thats coming? Details on that?

H2A still has 3 maps  :kappa:

Not specifically, haven't played it enough. Just recognize that they can't spawn on ball so when you spawn somewhere you should know where their team spawns and can guess where they would want to go.

This must be why I spawn, start running towards the ball and then start getting shot from behind by a newly spawned player.

To be honest, my initial take on all of this is pretty positive. 343 obviously realizes the engine for H5 is awful, and were getting an all new engine for Halo Infinite. The return to classic art and campaign style is obviously encouraging for game play, and seemed like a nod to it from the devs. If they want to release an absolute BANGER of a game in 2020, ill wait, I will take that over the broken MCC or bad start H5 had. I hope for game play similar to H2, as many have said H3 was broken off LAN, dont need that.

Well, I hope we're back on the Halo ring and have a GOOD campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We can only assume the "Redacted" box is Halo right?  Hopefully we get a little more detail tonight.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Well, I hope we're back on the Halo ring and have a GOOD campaign.

Yeah, honestly campaigns since H2 have really gone down hill, they've strayed so far away from what the game is about. Hopefully with all the stuff added to lore from HW2 we get the flood and all that jazz added back into the universe, because the game seriously needs it. The "Guardian" is so confusing, and really doesn't even fit as a "villain". 

I NEED the new Halo game to bring back the nature elements from the first games. I want to see trees, animals, mountains, valleys, and weather - kinda like they showed in the trailer. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We can only assume the "Redacted" box is Halo right?  Hopefully we get a little more detail tonight.

Fable 4.

Phil said while they announced the Playground acquirement that they would put their open world expertise into a new project, and they can't wait to share it with us later.

Fable 4.

Phil said while they announced the Playground acquirement that they would put their open world expertise into a new project, and they can't wait to share it with us later.

If Fable had something ready to show, it would've been in the E3 briefing imo.

"E3 2018's Halo Infinite Trailer Was Only An Engine Demo, Game Still A "Long Way" Off"

Can we stop saying what you think about the game. You havent been shown a game. Youve been show simple artwork mixed into some programming that showed a vehicle moving on a big map. 

Stop making dumbass claims.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1