CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'd rather wait another 1-2 years for a polished product than get another halo 4 or halo 5 this year

We might even get flights/betas starting later this year or early next. I'm pretty happy with what I saw.

H3 ? H2? Do you actually believe will go back and play a 10+years old game ?

Considering most people don't play Halo games at all right now... why not? Those are the Halo games actually being updated and improved while H5 has lost the vast majority of its players and interest 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's important to remember that just because they're taking their time doesn't mean it's going to be a good (even polished) project for Halo. I think people are putting way too much stock into that. Just look at the state we're in now. We absolutely cannot survive until 2019/2020. It's just too long, people have lost interest in Halo and the HCS and they didn't do anything today that changed that. Yeah great, MCC is fixed, too little too late if you ask me.

We needed something and all we got is a vague trailer showing off a new engine and "classic" artstyle that really only the hardcore ones still actually invested in Halo care about. As a whole that trailer was useless for everyone else, but I guess that doesn't matter cause they've been long gone.

Seems like that nail in the coffin tbh.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

And I think we're past the point of worrying about Halo's relevance or momentum. We've reached a steady state of relevance to gamers. If this game releases in 2020 instead of 2019, I don't think that actually makes a difference to the game, its release, its reception, or its popularity. All that would get affected is the competitive scene from now until then. Which, obviously since we're here, is what matters most to us, but isn't the biggest concern for the studio.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really enjoyed that. Shame about the lack of halo this year but would rather get the right Halo in 2019/2020 then a poor one this Christmas.

Main disappointment was no fable smh

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who wants to make bets on what comes first. Halo Infinite or The Winds of Winter

You don't know the pain of waiting unless you're reading Berserk.

Quick check-in: is anyone from the Halo 5 Pro Team still at 343i now that Neighbor, Bravo, Walshy, and Ghostayame are all gone? Is Dersky the last one standing?

People on TB: "343 should create or buy a new game engine. This old one sucks!"

343: "we're creating a new game engine but it's going to take awhile because yah know making a new game engine is a long exhaustive process."

People on TB: "What?!? 343 you fucking idjits. I can't wait"

Even if they are at the stage they appear to be at now, they could have least thrown a bone in terms of the direction they're planning. What do you actually know about the next Halo apart from it's going to be on a new engine?

"When we started this project, the team’s vision for the game was ambitious – so much so that we knew we had to build new tech to fully realize our goals for Halo Infinite."

Sounds like a pretty good vision you got there bud, mind letting us all in on it. No, OK I guess E3 wasn't really the place to talk about the next game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not much, but it did have a "classic feel" and more of a wide-open non-linear feel as well but well see if that translates to the actual campaign structure.

Best news for MP fans it that its on PC baby! Which means more modding capabilities and a competitive "promod" can be fully realized without mechanics like sprint and other gimmicks. Moreso, things like faster kill-times, a higher variation of competitive maps maps, possibly new competitive weapons added(*cough CE pistol cough) and higher base movement speed which means if the base game sucks on Xbox the competitive scene can focus on the PC development for competitive which gives it a higher ceiling as an esport and a competitive FPS nowadays. I for one am very curious and excited to see the potential growth and development of a major Halo installation on PC.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not much, but it did have a "classic feel" and more of a wide-open non-linear feel as well but well see if that translates to the actual campaign structure.

I think "non-linear" may be what they are after. They aptly named the new engine Slipspace after all.

1mxdXIk.jpg

Hopefully we can get a #HuntTheTruthV2 between now and the release. And hopefully it would actually tie into the story. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

The more I think about it, the more I think this is a launch title for the next xbox. I don't think anybody expected them to mention the next xbox at all, but Phil snuck a little something in there.  So my assumption is we get full details on the console next year and it launches holiday of 2020 with Halo Infinite as its launch title.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm praying for a late 2019 release, but it's just not gonna happen is it?

Considered that 2019 has been announced as the release date of Gears 5, 2020 is looking more plausible.

literally says "xbox one" exclusive

Well they're not going to announce it and show the new xbox console name. It's possible it releases in 2019 but we'll see.

There's no reason it can't be in current gen and next gen.

Next gen can also release in 2021 and the game in 2020.

I don't disagree at all lol. We have no clue. Was just stating it would make sense.

I feel like the longer the wait, the more hype will build. I'm glad they're taking the time to create what I hope will be a polished and complete project.

• Upvote (+1) 4