CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lots of new game studios under Microsoft :)

Very cool of them to invest in new developers & ideas like that.

Only one new studio though(The Initiative), unless you also count the We Happy Few studio which is making its first game.

So who's excited for that new xbox game Gea... uhm, shadow of the tomb ra... oh, wait a second, CRACKD... shit, hold on I know... F O R Z A

The first Dying light was really good so I'm pretty excited for Dying light 2. 

Also, Gears 5 reveal was so well done that I might actually play a campaign for a shooter game for the first game in 5 years. Actually looked interesting.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins

The team also heard feedback loud and clear on the amount of time spent playing as the Master Chief in Halo 5. In Halo Infinite, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Halo 5 had a good idea for a story just terrible presentation.

I'm legit interested in seeing the universe in such dire straits, arguably it's in a worse state then with us fighting the covenant.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, how long would it take an amateur graphic designer to make that clip? ....a week or two. We are a long way off from H6.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I mean from the amount of details supplied (basically nothing) I think we're looking at a 2020 game at best. Also that trailer was in-engine so it takes as long as it took them to build the engine up to that point to begin with

2020 yes, but if the game works there is no point bitching. We wont know if the game works until it is released, therefore everyone quit your bitching.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, how long would it take an amateur graphic designer to make that clip? ....a week or two. We are a long way off from H6.

Absolutely not, that would take a long time by people who know what they're doing

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand frustrations, but I'll always take a delayed and perfected game than a rushed and unfinished one. It's time for patience.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I’ve looked forward for the last 3 months for this crap ass wannabe announcement. Literally was thinking the graphic quality and how the environment interacted was sub par and all of a sudden it’s Halo. Then spent another 2 hours thinking there is no way that is all the Halo news we get. Seriously pathetic. My dick put in more work before puberty than 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Imagine creating a game with a plan of one year of content post launch and then come back 3 years later with a trailer only announcing a new engine for the next Halo game.

Oh and that game they are betting 4-5 years on is Halo 5, a 150 GB game which can't even have skins added to it because of memory problems.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On the one hand it's good that they're taking their time, on the other, even one more season of Halo 5 is going to be a chore, let alone more. Here's hoping they give in and ship the HCS back to MCC once it's fixed. 

I think its worth pointing out that creating your own game engine is not light work or something that is done quickly. Assuming they were building it for this game from the ground up that is going to take a large time investment. The wait sucks but actually building something of quality from the very start isn't something that happens quickly. Point being that while you didn't see gameplay or anything specific they did just show you a TON of work.

I 100% think the play is to leave Halo 5 after this season and go back to MCC for tournaments and such. So far the insider builds have been significantly better.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Maybe this finally puts that quote from Frankie about "building on Halo 5" to rest. It was ambiguous to begin with if I remember correctly (not even sure he was implying future Halo games would be based on H5), but an all-new engine is basically opposite of iterating on the previous entry, right?

Still disappointed that we know nothing about the next Halo game except the title. But the blog post and general feel of that trailer has me a little bit more optimistic than I had been previously.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Im worried that there wont be much of an interest in halo by the time h6 rolls around. Hopefully the mcc rework can be good enough to sustain the fanbase till then.

Im also disappointed that there was no hcs announcement for the upcoming season or a plug for the joint gears/halo event next month. Thats a missed opportunity to get the word out to people who probably dont follow these esports

I think its worth pointing out that creating your own game engine is not light work or something that is done quickly. Assuming they were building it for this game from the ground up that is going to take a large time investment. The wait sucks but actually building something of quality from the very start isn't something that happens quickly

I 100% think the play is to leave Halo 5 after this season and go back to MCC for tournaments and such. So far the insider builds have been significantly better.

MCC is a graveyard, and another season of 3 competitive maps...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I’ve looked forward for the last 3 months for this crap ass wannabe announcement. Literally was thinking the graphic quality and how the environment interacted was sub par and all of a sudden it’s Halo. Then spent another 2 hours thinking there is no way that is all the Halo news we get. Seriously pathetic. My dick put in more work before puberty than 343.

wut

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It will take as long as it takes. As long as it's executed well.

Unfortunately the flip side to that is being left with the hot mess that is Halo 5. I'm praying the HCS reverts to the (fixed) MCC until Halo Infinite releases.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC is a graveyard, and another season of 3 competitive maps...

Oh I didn't mean H2A. That game is garbage. You have Halo 3 and Halo 2 available and if they do as well in the Halo 2 flights as they did with the Halo 3 one classic tournaments should go over well. I do think it would be cool if they added Midship and Creek to H2A or even something like The Pit and Narrows to go with them.

Not sure what you all expected? We were looking at 2019 maybe without even knowing about them creating a whole new engine. With that knowledge a 2020 release is definitely probably and I am totally cool with it.  This is their last shot to bring Halo back to its glory. Take your time.

Not sure what you all expected? We were looking at 2019 maybe without even knowing about them creating a whole new engine. With that knowledge a 2020 release is definitely probably and I am totally cool with it.  This is their last shot to bring Halo back to its glory. Take your time.

I'd rather wait another 1-2 years for a polished product than get another halo 4 or halo 5 this year

• Upvote (+1) 5

Oh I didn't mean H2A. That game is garbage. You have Halo 3 and Halo 2 available and if they do as well in the Halo 2 flights as they did with the Halo 3 one classic tournaments should go over well. I do think it would be cool if they added Midship and Creek to H2A or even something like The Pit and Narrows to go with them.

H3 ? H2? Do you actually believe will go back and play a 10+years old game ?

2020 yes, but if the game works there is no point bitching. We wont know if the game works until it is released, therefore everyone quit your bitching.  

I don't know if there's an optimistic way to look at "just wait another year and a half at least".

Honestly it was pretty deflating as was a lot of the conference, I just expected more.