CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. 

Really hoping classic Halo makes a comeback. Not only for us here at Beyond or Halo as a community, but for Xbox as a whole. They need a console seller badly. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I’m actually really excited. I’ve always said that no matter what direction they go with Halo 6, I’ll be fascinated either way.

I’m legitmately anxious about a video game presentation ... lol?

Between Halo today, and the possibility of Splinter Cell tomorrow, I've never been more nervous going into E3. 

Do you think 343 has the necessary skills to bring Halo back? It all comes down to their ability as a company.

I would love to see Halo great again so I will keep hoping.

I dont think skill is the problem. its direction. the people with the talent are just doing what their told. But lead designers have been telling them to do things that aren't in Halo's interest.

when you look at something like H4- it was incredibly polished, fine tuned, and exquisitely geared towards the mainstream fps audience of that time. I'd say that at launch, the team knocked all of the design goals set before them out of the park. the problem is - their goals were fucking stupid for a Halo game.

Halo 5 its the same thing. there goal was to try to reshape their H4 goals into something that isn't as repulsive to core Halo fans. its just a fucking stupid approach when no one liked their vision in the first place... so why try to preserve it?

I'd like to see the people in charge realize that halo never needed a gameplay revolution - it just needed refinement and progressive social design.

• Upvote (+1) 7

bro they actually used the word "classic" in the tweet.This is amazing trolling.

I dont think skill is the problem. its direction. the people with the talent are just doing what their told. But lead designers have been telling them to do things that aren't in Halo's interest.

when you look at something like H4- it was incredibly polished, fine tuned, and exquisitely geared towards the mainstream fps audience of that time. I'd say that at launch, the team knocked all of the design goals set before them out of the park. the problem is - their goals were fucking stupid for a Halo game.

Halo 5 its the same thing. there goal was to try to reshape their H4 goals into something that isn't as repulsive to core Halo fans. its just a fucking stupid approach when no one liked their vision in the first place... so why try to preserve it?

I'd like to see the people in charge realize that halo never needed a gameplay revolution - it just needed refinement and progressive social design.

Lead Designers have been telling them to do things that Production and Studio Heads have been telling them to do.

Production and Studio Heads have been telling them to do things that the Publisher has been telling them to do.

The Publisher is a piece of shit.

Also calling H4 polished at launch is a joke when there was a bug with an armor ability where you could literally be permanently removed from radar if you simply activated Active Camo while crouched.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As soon as I see someone or anything freaking sprint in the trailer, I’m out. I’m sick of sprint, been dealing with it for 8 years now.

I better see everyone doing power walks. My money works just as much the 14 year olds they’re convinced they need to cater to.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The people complaining about "classic" in that tweet are the same complaining about the dev series called "the sprint".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo releases haven't been about moving forward since Reach. I hated Reach but you can't say bungie wasn't always pushing the genre forward either via gameplay or supporting systems. Afterwards its just been trend and focus group chasing and an enormous struggle to provide the same content that bungie did. I guess in some ways its unfair because of how talented bungie was during those years and that they were already 10 years deep when they released Halo CE

As soon as I see someone or anything freaking sprint in the trailer, I’m out. I’m sick of sprint, been dealing with it for 8 years now.

I better see everyone doing power walks. My money works just as much the 14 year olds they’re convinced they need to cater to.

lol if it's a cinematic trailer, I don't think sprint would mean anything. What, Master Chief isn't allowed to run anywhere in a trailer?

H3's legendary "Starry Night" trailer had sprint AND ground pound:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I remember rushing home from high school to see what E3 had shown, then this was on my 360 dashboard. Screamed around my house parent's house like a madman.

Good times.

• Upvote (+1) 4

lol if it's a cinematic trailer, I don't think sprint would mean anything. What, Master Chief isn't allowed to run anywhere in a trailer?

H3's legendary "Starry Night" trailer had sprint AND ground pound:

Yeah but that before sprint had been in the franchise for 7 years and the developers seemed determined to leave it in no matter the consequences. 

Well, the eggs in my fridge is expiring tomorrow, so I'm going to boil them, taking into consideration that we're all scared of what will be announced today;

11c.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Ezd2FqxAU

I remember rushing home from high school to see what E3 had shown, then this was on my 360 dashboard. Screamed around my house parent's house like a madman.

Good times.

My favourite game trailer/reveal ever. Still gives me goosebumps.

My favourite game trailer/reveal ever. Still gives me goosebumps.

In my opinion Halo 3: Believe is hands down the best video game advertisement of all time. I quite literally got goosebumps watching this for the first time. If the Halo 6 trailer or whatever we're getting today captures even a fraction of the magic from this, I'll be a happy camper.

• Upvote (+1) 4