CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Guys what are the HCS changes? I haven't played in awhile

Guys what are the HCS changes? I haven't played in awhile

No spartan charge, no ground pound, oddball to be introduced, and at least one forge map to be added to the rotation but there's a solid chance there will be more.

Frankly, I do not understand why they're bothering to disable trivial bullshit like Ground Pound and Spartan Charge. Sure. They're dumb, they're annoying, and dying to either is obnoxious, but they really aren't that big of a deal.

If anything, if they don't want to try no-sprint settings, disable SLIDE. That would actually be a meaningful improvement.

Disabling any excessive movement abilities/animations in this game is very welcome in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Disabling any excessive movement abilities/animations in this game is very welcome in my opinion.

My point is that it doesn't really accomplish anything, not that it's a bad change overall.

• Upvote (+1) 7

My point is that it doesn't really accomplish anything, not that it's a bad change overall.

Im so desperate that even just getting rid of 3 or 4 annoying encounters a game sounds great to me 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Frankly, I do not understand why they're bothering to disable trivial bullshit like Ground Pound and Spartan Charge. Sure. They're dumb, they're annoying, and dying to either is obnoxious, but they really aren't that big of a deal.

If anything, if they don't want to try no-sprint settings, disable SLIDE. That would actually be a meaningful improvement.

Stuff like this kind of confuses me. I get that you don't think its a huge change but you also display that you understand its not fun. Why would they not want to remove that? There isn't really a world where someone comes to that conclusion and doesn't remove the abilities if they're looking out for the gameplay. Its so apathetic its crazy to play it off like you don't understand why something is removed, immediately list off reasons why it should be removed, and then say its not a big deal lol

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't disagree, but I'd rather have shit abilities removed instead of remaining included due to the reasoning of "Well, the game's fucked anyways, might as well just leave it." 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't disagree, but I'd rather have shit abilities removed instead of remaining included due to the reasoning of "Well, the game's fucked anyways, might as well just leave it." 

You're not wrong. However, this could be a larger positive. The main positive from removing ground pound and Spartan charge is they make aerial melee's slower than standing ones. GP and SC are mapped to the melee button so when you're in the air the game waits to melee until it's sure that you aren't sprinting or going to hold the button to Spartan charge. I know in past updates they've tried to fix this but there are still slower aerial melees and ghost melees. I'm hoping there's a way to patch this problem in the new settings but I doubt it will happen.

Stuff like this kind of confuses me. I get that you don't think its a huge change but you also display that you understand its not fun. Why would they not want to remove that? There isn't really a world where someone comes to that conclusion and doesn't remove the abilities if they're looking out for the gameplay. Its so apathetic its crazy to play it off like you don't understand why something is removed, immediately list off reasons why it should be removed, and then say its not a big deal lol

I'm not sure what is confusing about this. I don't like either ability, but removing them is trivial change at best and won't even come close to addressing major issues with Halo 5 movement. It doesn't really DO anything. It's just cutting two minor annoyances that people whine about a lot, but that aren't actually a factor 95% of the time, especially in competition. The game will largely play exactly the same minus the rare tard charge and ground pound kill, some minor (easy) movement tech, and the jumping melee delay. Too late in the game's life cycle for this kind of thing to be enough.

Slide, on the other hand, is also a stupid, annoying ability, with multiple significant effects on how the game plays on a fundamental level.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree that slide should have been on this list, and prioritized above the other two, but these are still good changes that are not insignificant, especially with the way Splyce plays. SC is like having a second thrust when you're just trying to get from A to B (or after grabbing rockets on Coli, which is where I usually see it), and GP lets you hover and not die when you probably should (Tower window on Rig, Pyramid on Coli, OS ledge on Empire are all abused frequently).

Melee delay on jumping melees is a factor in every single game.

Not to mention, the abilities are just dumb when they're used the way they're meant to be used. No GP on Empire will make the Pit stronghold play less stupid as well.

Edit: But just to really clarify, this isn't enough to make year FOUR of Halo 5 interesting. Give us no sprint, higher BMS. Give us slower clamber. Let's drastically change the game, because I promise we're the only ones still watching.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Saw the Halo arcade trailer again. Let's take on thing from it and Halo Wars 2: The art style is much more correct than Halo 4/5. A much better return to the original style.

Also the sound effects! No more shitty "crunchy" non-Halo sounds!

If both HW2 and this game have done it, maybe Halo 6 or the reboot they're making is a return to the original.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

These changes are like removing bacon strips from the burger you eat every day. You might die a little slower, but you are still on a slow torturous route to death.

Jesus christ

Are you alright?

• Upvote (+1) 7

Jesus christ

Are you alright?

Eh I just had a long day at work and it seemed like an effective yet dark metaphor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eh I just had a long day at work and it seemed like an effective yet dark metaphor.

Reminds me of “rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic”.

But in this case, the Halo 5 ship is already sinking because it has collided with the Iceberg-sized problem that is Sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Siege has a spectator cam like that.

Its fucking great.

Seems like a must have for games where z-axis positioning is important.

Doesn't GP mess with the melee system? How the hell is that insignificant? I'm disappointed in you guys already and we're only on page five.

• Upvote (+1) 4