CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We have one random with a check mark saying it’s gonna be called Halo Infinity and then another random with a couple thousand followers saying the same thing but also that it’s a remastered Reach

If any of that is true I’ll drink hot sauce

I understand this reference and I'm also apparently ********. Please delete.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We have one random with a check mark saying it’s gonna be called Halo Infinity and then another random with a couple thousand followers saying the same thing but also that it’s a remastered Reach

I understand this reference and I'm also apparently doubly ********. Fuck, there's no saving my self esteem or dignity now. Leave it for posterity.
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I understand this reference and I'm also apparently triply ********. Fuck, there's no saving my self esteem or dignity now. Leave it for posterity.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I understand this reference and I'm also apparently triply ********. Fuck, there's no saving my self esteem or dignity now. Leave it for posterity.

Oof, copying a low quality poster like myself? How far you've fallen.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Just thought I'd stop by and say why OpTic picking up Luke TheNotable makes eons more sense than them picking up a Halo team.

Halo pros make next to no content, very few create personalities for themselves that can be used to build histories, rivalries etc., about 2 stream and to top it off HCS viewership is really not great atm.

Luke makes frequent, high viewed content and has a large fanbase.

OpTic always have been, and still are a content focused organisation above all else, and at a time when Halo pros make practically nothing and HCS viewership is low, there's absolutely no reason for them to have a team, compared to a content creator who ticks all the necessary boxes.

That, and since the Infinite take over they're clearly trying to expand their content team and broaden their horizons, which imo is a good thing ultimately, as long as they don't lose sight of their esports origins.

Now... Time to wait for the DM to become OpTic's first lore-based content creator...  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don’t know why nobody has suggested a halo 4 anniversary game next week at e3.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I don’t know why nobody has suggested a halo 4 anniversary game next week at e3.

Because we need Reach Anniversary first

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'd like to officially request Halo 4 Anniversary Deizul be permanently banned from this fourm.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Because we need H3 Anniversary first

I did mention that they are different, but yeah there are radical differences between a Moba and an FPS, but I was kind of trying to point out that the system doesn't fit Halo.  Like I said before, if 343 isn't going to add lots of new gamemodes or change them significantly, why do this type of model? 

I see more and more of the talk that traditional game releases are going to the wayside, but that seems to be because EA, Activision, and the like have seen that they can make more money doing games as a service.  It's not because people won't buy them.  If a single player only game like Skyrim can still be sold at full price 7 years later, then it seems to me that the old way can still work. 

If you make a good/fun game, people will probably buy it.

I knew using League as an example would lead down a path I didn't want it to... You guys irked out some of the big differences for sure.

Honestly, something like a 60fps Reach with no bloom on the DMR (and the rest of the sandbox tuned appropriately so that the Magnum doesn't become the destroyer of worlds lottery cannon and players move at a decent pace) and AAs treated as pickups, perhaps with loadouts limited to certain playlists like Invasion and Firefight would be quite playable in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I knew using League as an example would lead down a path I didn't want it to... You guys irked out some of the big differences for sure.

The problem is that there has been exactly one, well supported, long lasting, popular FPS game: the CS franchise. The problem with comparing Halo to CS is that CS started with a strong, fun, and balanced base game play that was tuned over time. I simply do not trust 343 to come out with something that has that solid of a foundation, and respond quickly to issues over time. 

The positive takeaway from comparing to something like CS is that a lot of the game's long term support can come directly from the in game map maker. Halo would obviously rely on that if it ever became a service format game, and frankly, Halo 5 could have thrived off of competitive forge maps if the frame rate issues had never been introduced and it didn't take 343 2 and half years to pay attention to the forge community before they all left.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Top 10 lists are hard because its been going on for so long over so many games now that the only for sure picks are like ogre 2, roybox, pistola, victory x, snip3down simply because they made it work in SO many different games. It makes more sense to try and pick based on game now. Wins are obviously important too but its hard to overlook someone like Victory X who maybe didn't win in every game but proved he could be a top player in almost all of them

• Upvote (+1) 1

Top 10 lists are hard because its been going on for so long over so many games now that the only for sure picks are like ogre 2, roybox, pistola, victory x simply because they made it work in SO many different games. It makes more sense to try and pick based on game now. Wins are obviously important too but its hard to overlook someone like Victory X who maybe didn't win in every game but proved he could be a top player in almost all of them

My per game top 5 list would be:

H1:

Ogre 1

Ogre 2

Zyos

Killer N

Walshy

H2:

Walshy

Shockwave (Such a goat)

Strongside

Ogre 2 (H2 peak, especially at the end)

T2 come @mebro

H3:(Had a lot of trouble with the last 2)

Pistola

Roy

Snip3down

fearitself (best sniper in h3 easy)

SK (SK Strife was GOAT)

H5:

Snakebite

Eco

Shotzzy

Frosty

Saiyan

Reach and H4 didn't happen

• Upvote (+1) 2

My per game top 5 list would be:

H1:

Ogre 1

Ogre 2

Zyos

Killer N

Walshy

H2:

Walshy

Shockwave (Such a goat)

Strongside

Ogre 2 (H2 peak, especially at the end)

T2 come @mebro

H3:(Had a lot of trouble with the last 2)

Pistola

Roy

Snip3down

fearitself (best sniper in h3 easy)

SK (SK Strife was GOAT)

H5:

Snakebite

Eco

Shotzzy

Frosty

Saiyan

Reach and H4 didn't happen

Finally, someone gives Shockwav3 some love.