CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If you don't think ADS is bad, you've never watched someone play Halo 5 as their first Halo before. I felt horrible for the friends I tried to bring into the game. I can't imagine how unintuitive and frustrating it must have been, coming from Call of Duty, seeing ADS, and then having it function completely differently. Halo plays different. It should fucking look different.

Shit like that turns would-be new players away in droves.

It's more immersive to have your already low FOV covered by unnecessary sci-fi HUD elements and the sights of your gun.

Especially when the series has alreadty established that it does not do this, that just makes it better.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Considering that multiplayer became Halo canon and takes place as simulations aboard the UNSC Infinity, I guess that title fits.

Okay that was a stretch

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ace scrimming with Sabinater, El Town and Falcated.

How has Ace's stock fallen so much in the past 12/18 months?

He went from being really good and arguably best player outside the top 4 teams, to finishing top 4 at least top 6 consistently. To a team that wouldn't make the Pro league if it came back.

I'm not trying to say he should be on a better team right now, because I don't think his performing anywhere to the standard he was when he was carrying OG and when Str8 was top 4. I'm asking what the hell happened!?

• Upvote (+1) 1

this ... actually makes sense, to help create some fresh content for Halo esports and to give 343 more time to work on campaign / other modes?  plus it would work with lore, as I recall all of the H4 matchmaking took place on the UNSC Infinity or whatever

anyway, personally all I care about is Cyberpunk 2077 and H6 ... wouldn't mind Division 2 news, I guess

Offical roster according to aces stream is Ace, Sabinater, El Town, Falcated

• Upvote (+1) 1

Str8 was top 4.

The Str8 rosters that finished top 4 featured Kevin "Eco" Smith and later Jonathan "Renegade" Willette as a fourth member.  Both of those players are currently on the #1 team in Halo 5.

Imagine if Halo released an multiplayer only, free to play halo game, with cosmetic only in-game purchases like fortnite. With the possibility of cross platform play and able to play it on Xbox, PC and mobile. Original Halo style arena simple gameplay, then add on more maps and possibly firefight and WarZone to add a new Req pack style income.

To introduce Halo to the newer generation of gamers and help kickstart Halo again.

Nah mate.

Sprint, ADS, crunchy sounds, reinvented wheels, Battle Royale, Wallrunning immersion and hero-based REQ combat.

Why have your own, established identity when you can copy everyone else badly?

• Upvote (+1) 2

In a community, the larger Halo community that is, that ostracized 343 for releasing FORGE(and other gametypes) post launch, they think that they should split the game and release it as two separate products.  That seems like a bad idea, also kinda looks greedy(you now have to pay double to get the whole thing you used to for a single low price).  If by some chance that they are releasing a MP only game to tide us over until a full release of H6 then maybe...

Guess we'll see in a few days though, but these rumors don't look promising to me.

In a community, the larger Halo community that is, that ostracized 343 for releasing FORGE(and other gametypes) post launch, they think that they should split the game and release it as two separate products.  That seems like a bad idea, also kinda looks greedy(you now have to pay double to get the whole thing you used to for a single low price).  If by some chance that they are releasing a MP only game to tide us over until a full release of H6 then maybe...

Guess we'll see in a few days though, but these rumors don't look promising to me.

To be honest though, its not like Halo 5's story inspires confidence in future campaigns. Good luck digging out of that hole 343.

• Upvote (+1) 2

They probably need to split it because 1 TB, but will try to hide that fact in some kind of imaginary market plan. :simms:

Will Halo: Infinity have heavy aim? It’s sort of a staple and a deal breaker for me at this point. If it doesn’t have heavy aim, I’m not purchasing. Heavy Aim Halo only, please.

• Upvote (+1) 9

They probably need to split it because 1 TB, but will try to hide that fact in some kind of imaginary market plan. :simms:

"Here at 343 we listen to the fans, and have heard you. Less is more. So we are giving you less Halo for more money.  buy it"

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you don't think ADS is bad, you've never watched someone play Halo 5 as their first Halo before. I felt horrible for the friends I tried to bring into the game. I can't imagine how unintuitive and frustrating it must have been, coming from Call of Duty, seeing ADS, and then having it function completely differently. Halo plays different. It should fucking look different.

Shit like that turns would-be new players away in droves.

This is the first complaint I've seen about H5's "ADS" that I genuinely agree with.

By setting up false expectations you're going to frustrate new players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is the lore justification for ADS? The smart link cameras in the BR broke and now all Spartans revert to 20th century warfare and use their iron sights again? For a company that is obsessed with IMMERSION they have a lot of holes in their logic.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 is big improvement over Halo 4 so it's fair to expect H6 will be much better than Halo 6. 343 disappointed us many times in many ways but they also made many good steps in recent year. It's totally fine to be excited.

You can't break past bedrock in minecraft. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You can't break past bedrock in minecraft.

I really don't get your metaphor but I am excited for Halo Next reveal and i am hopeful that it will be a good game.

To be honest though, its not like Halo 5's story inspires confidence in future campaigns. Good luck digging out of that hole 343.

idk what they were thinking with H5's story.  No idea. Lots of great opportunities to build of established shit in a clear, linear "this makes actual sense" kind of way and instead they hit a nasty hook into the trees with zombie cortana, the same repeating boss, anticlimactic Locke vs. Chief battle that you can't even play, Guardians that have no real feel of heft or consequence, the worst reason EVER to even declare Chief AWOL in the first place, etc etc etc. ugh

H5 completely fails as a standalone story but as setup for H6 it has a lot of potential.

idk what they were thinking with H5's story. No idea. Lots of great opportunities to build of established shit in a clear, linear "this makes actual sense" kind of way and instead they hit a nasty hook into the trees with zombie cortana, the same repeating boss, anticlimactic Locke vs. Chief battle that you can't even play, Guardians that have no real feel of heft or consequence, the worst reason EVER to even declare Chief AWOL in the first place, etc etc etc. ugh

Can you imagine if they went with a plot like Captain America: Civil War?

Master Chief: Captain America

Cortana: Winter Soldier

Warden: Zemo

Locke: Iron Man

Arbiter: Black Panther

Jul M’dama: Crossbones

Blue Team: Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Ant Man, Falcon

Fire team Osiris: Black Widow, Iron Patriot, Vision, Spider-Man

Then you could have some awesome boss fights which you can control and it also gives meaning for character decisions. 4v4 in a mission between Osiris and Blue Team like Civil Wars airport battle.

A Locke v Chief 1v1 at the end where Locke is trying to get Cortana from Chiefs head because she “caused” Locke’s home world to be destroyed by a Guardian. Chief is trying to convince otherwise and save Cortana because she has been manipulated by the Warden, and is the only way to stop the Guardians from wreaking more havoc.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1