CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

But in all seriousness I cant wait to see what teams form. what spicy memes are created

Which teams do you think are going to make changes?

• Upvote (+1) 2

But in all seriousness I cant wait to see what teams form.

Which teams do you think are going to make changes?

Renegades most likely I think.

Splyce won’t because they won, Tox won’t because they can still be the best again and the updated settings will probably play in their favour.

NV can take games off Splyce consistently and almost knocked out Tox to get to Grand Finals so they are close to top 2. Reciprocity might be changing, but they know that they can play better and are able to beat Tox which is their main goal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In serious Halo/HCS chat, the roadmap confirms we won't be seeing a new Halo game until late November (If at all) because there's no way they would release Halo 6 during the HWC season.

I reckon Halo 6 will be an early release in 2019 and they will use the hype from finals as a backbone for a Halo 6/Halo 6 WC announcement/dates etc.

In serious Halo/HCS chat, the roadmap confirms we won't be seeing a new Halo game until late November (If at all) because there's no way they would release Halo 6 during the HWC season.

I reckon Halo 6 will be an early release in 2019 and they will use the hype from finals as a backbone for a Halo 6/Halo 6 WC announcement/dates etc.

Unless H6 is an RTS it won't be released early in a year.

Past Halo releases:

CE: November
2: November
3: September
ODST: September
Reach: September
4: November
MCC: November
5: October

Did that fit within the time frame of "soon"?

;]

Thanks for the support everyone, hope to see some folks around next season.

Yes! that was an appropriate length of time for a "soon" announcement.  Going to be good to see international teams at the events.

Past Halo releases:

They don't seem to be following the 3 year release cycle either though.  Gaming is a year round thing now with tons of sales volume happening at any time of year.  There is no reason to limit your game to a certain timeframe especially if you don't want to compete with the other, larger console FPS games that have supplanted you as top dog.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They don't seem to be following the 3 year release cycle either though.  Gaming is a year round thing now with tons of sales volume happening at any time of year.  There is no reason to limit your game to a certain timeframe especially if you don't want to compete with the other, larger console FPS games that have supplanted you as top dog.

It's a year round thing, but they, like all other companies, release all their big blockbusters(Halo, Gears, & Forza) during the fall, meanwhile their smaller games release during the other seasons, mainly during the spring.

Where's the Fireteam Raven League announcements?

I know a bunch of Area 51 pros that will come out of retirement for this.

I'm just salty that Maine won't have any of the cabinets unless it's two hours south of me, grumble grumble.

It's a year round thing, but they, like all other companies, release all their big blockbusters(Halo, Gears, & Forza) during the fall, meanwhile their smaller games release during the other seasons, mainly during the spring.

I know that is what they have done, but that doesn't mean they need to do it that way.  its completely arbitrary.  The holiday season is so saturated, it really doesn't matter anymore. Sure people buy more total at that time, but there are also a ton more big releases.  Especially as the gamers that actually have money to burn get older, spreading out releases is a good idea.  Kids don't care what time of year it is.  Adults have more limited time to play and we all know what happens when you buy a bunch of shit at the same time during a steam sale, with the intention of playing all of it.

I know that is what they have done, but that doesn't mean they need to do it that way.  its completely arbitrary.  The holiday season is so saturated, it really doesn't matter anymore. Sure people buy more total at that time, but there are also a ton more big releases.  Especially as the gamers that actually have money to burn get older, spreading out releases is a good idea.  Kids don't care what time of year it is.  Adults have more limited time to play and we all know what happens when you buy a bunch of shit at the same time during a steam sale, with the intention of playing all of it.

I'm not saying they should do it that way, I'm just saying that they, along with pretty much everybody else, are doing it that way and have shown no sign to stop doing it.

Past Halo releases:

Yes! that was an appropriate length of time for a "soon" announcement.  Going to be good to see international teams at the events.

I'm not saying they should do it that way, I'm just saying that they, along with pretty much everybody else, are doing it that way and have shown no sign to stop doing it.

07e614927d673bb930df0f641f4cf407dc8ae119

Also really happy London is an international open!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Rent

I decided to buy a house in MD because rent is....very expensive.

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

every other Worlds season ended in Spring, I can't help but see some significance in the finals falling a few months earlier this year.  I figure in November we'll see either an updated MCC / MCC on PC announcement (along with MCC events) or an H6 beta announcement with release date a few months later

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hopped on Halo 5 for the first time in months because I want to compete in the New Orleans FFA......oof

So any news on roster changes? or is every team staying the same?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've spent literal years here making people laugh, while laughing at another post maybe once every 1-2 weeks at best here. Fuck you selfish jackasses. Why don't you entitled twerps make me laugh for a change?

Halo 5 is the best released halo of all time

Bungie broke the mold with Reach, and armor lock should have been in competitive play

Changing the sniper to descope when damage was taken in H4 was a mistake, super soldiers dont need to look away

Bacon is worst of all meats

Sprint is a game changer, bringing halo in the 28th century, since CoD was living in 3018

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopped on Halo 5 for the first time in months because I want to compete in the New Orleans FFA......oof

Do we need to line of sight you for your safety? 

I can't put up with another H5 season sorry guys

when you're excited for a new season, but remember that it's still halo 5

B8f4PO8.png

tbf i am excited to see how the settings changes will pan out

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't forget to change your "go to first unread" bookmark, folks. 

• Upvote (+1) 1