CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Rarely does anyone ever truly retire in Halo.

Is it considered retiring if I only play MCC after H6 launches?

Ended 8-7 Tox.

HDH isn't including Echelon & Eden oddball.

Its still awkward at the moment because the official version of the forge maps are out yet so different people have forge maps that show different identifying keys in the API.

I cant wait until everyone has the same map.

EDIT: nvm, it was the correct map the game just ended before 200 points.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its still awkward at the moment because the official version of the forge maps are out yet so different people have forge maps that show different identifying keys in the API.

I cant wait until everyone has the same map.

EDIT: nvm, it was the correct map the game just ended before 200 points.

Yeah, they end early if a team has mathematically won.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

looks like that astro money is rolling in  :simms:

congrats on leaving the rent discussion thread lol

I'm paying for someone's mortgage? smfh cancelling premium.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, they end early if a team has mathematically won.

Well that's going to be very annoying for me lol. I use DNF's to determine if I should count the game or not.

That means ill 100% miss all oddball games ended early and have to manually add them the next morning.

H5 MM is a strange place. I lose 4 straight (yay ragequits), win 2 straight, then the game says "alright, you're good now!" and throws me into a game with Quadios and Snakey. Thankfully I was on their team, but still. I haven't been close to Onyx ever since the rank reshuffle.

I hate how games nowadays do this. "Oh you've won three games in a row? Time to get punished for it". Overwatch is probably the worst offender, it will literally send you on a 10 loss streak if it thinks you're too good. And not just in competitive, also in Arcade and Quick Play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

SO to be honest, this new ranking system really confuses the shit out of me. I won 7 games in a row, and was the top slayer is 6 of those games, in one game I had the most ball time and the most kills. My experience bar BARELY moved, and I was playing with all diamond players, then I lose a game (Refuge CTF) and 27 kills / 16 assists / 12 deaths, and I lose 24 experience lmao, what the fuck is this, its a perpetual down ranking system.

SO to be honest, this new ranking system really confuses the shit out of me. I won 7 games in a row, and was the top slayer is 6 of those games, in one game I had the most ball time and the most kills. My experience bar BARELY moved, and I was playing with all diamond players, then I lose a game (Refuge CTF) and 27 kills / 16 assists / 12 deaths, and I lose 24 experience lmao, what the fuck is this, its a perpetual down ranking system.

Was team you lost to all diamond as well?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Team I lost on was an assortment of D1s and plat 6s, in a span of 6 games I went from D1 to plat 5, all the while going huge positive in every game with a ton of assists. In one of the loses I even had 2 flag caps and 25 kills lmao.

Team I lost on was an assortment of D1s and plat 6s, in a span of 6 games I went from D1 to plat 5, all the while going huge positive in every game with a ton of assists. In one of the loses I even had 2 flag caps and 25 kills lmao.

Menke explained this on twitter. Basically if your CSR is higher than you MMR (where the system actually matches you and thinks your skill is) you'll lose tons of CSR for losses and gain next to none for wins until your CSR and MMR are equal. On the other side, if your MMR is greater than your CSR you will gain a ton  for wins and next to none for losses. It's kind of a shitty half measure to implement mid season but Menke did run a poll on twitter asking if people preferred this to displaying artificially inflated ranks and they said yes.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Menke explained this on twitter. Basically if your CSR is higher than you MMR (where the system actually matches you and thinks your skill is) you'll lose tons of CSR for losses and gain next to none for wins until your CSR and MMR are equal. On the other side, if your MMR is greater than your CSR you will gain a ton  for wins and next to none for losses. It's kind of a shitty half measure to implement mid season but Menke did run a poll on twitter asking if people preferred this to displaying artificially inflated ranks and they said yes.

Plus everybody's ranks right now are fucked up so you may have been playing with/against players that were better or worse than their visual ranks would suggest.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

Plus everybody's ranks right now are fucked up so you may have been playing with/against players that were better or worse than their visual ranks would suggest.  

Yes, that's true. My understanding is that is a symptom of low population more than the ranking system itself. I'm sure Menke's system will be good when H6 launches but until then it may struggle to properly populate the higher tiers. This kind of solution, while it may hurt some people's pride, will likely lead to the best matches possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, that's true. My understanding is that is a symptom of low population more than the ranking system itself. I'm sure Menke's system will be good when H6 launches but until then it may struggle to properly populate the higher tiers. This kind of solution, while it may hurt some people's pride, will likely lead to the best matches possible.

Honestly you explained why its working the way it is for me, and it makes sense. I am pretty happy with it though, I usually get slotted after my first 10 games at a low plat or high gold because I solo queue and lose a lot, and it ranked me at D1 this time, and the matches have been betterish. Still some turds going 3-15 and losing games, but thats to be expected with the crappy population. 

Honestly you explained why its working the way it is for me, and it makes sense. I am pretty happy with it though, I usually get slotted after my first 10 games at a low plat or high gold because I solo queue and lose a lot, and it ranked me at D1 this time, and the matches have been betterish. Still some turds going 3-15 and losing games, but thats to be expected with the crappy population. 

Population is what it is. I definitely think there are places to improve the ranking system but I don't think its really possible to fix any of them at this point just because the only data they ranking system can learn from is old data, and the game's different now with new gametypes and such, meaning there's no real control to say definitively that a change improves the system.

Joshua Menke, with all of his community interaction and transparency has shown, at least to me, that he is working extremely hard and has the best interest of the community in mind. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Population is what it is. I definitely think there are places to improve the ranking system but I don't think its really possible to fix any of them at this point just because the only data they ranking system can learn from is old data, and the game's different now with new gametypes and such, meaning there's no real control to say definitively that a change improves the system.

Joshua Menke, with all of his community interaction and transparency has shown, at least to me, that he is working extremely hard and has the best interest of the community in mind. 

I would say the only thing I would really like is for individuals to be able to see their MMR, I don't like guessing what it is by my rank going up or down. But other than that, I think its good, and its good to have some meaningful rank progression.

Hoping E3 (if there is an announcement) breathes some fresh air into the scene and not in a negative way, its gunna bit a bit hit or miss imo.

I reckon we still got another worlds on H5 although im praying they push it back to incorporate H6 or just revert to a working H2A, get middy/turf/ivory tower in and give H2a the world championship, love and attention it damn well deserves. I would cast the living shit out of that game all day long. Imagine watching Neighbour back at it on H2a, it makes total sense to boost Halo's presence and viewership + giving players something new to grind out.

343 needs to display "We removed sprint" at the end of their trailer and I'll be hyped as fuck.

In reality we'll probably get a cinematic story trailer with little to no in game footage(this will be the H6 debut after all) but if they give a definitive date for a beta or when we'll get to see actual gameplay, that could be really good for the community to have something to look forward to.  Like you said hit or miss, but here's hoping.

• Upvote (+1) 4

343 needs to display "We removed sprint" at the end of their trailer and I'll be hyped as fuck.

I had a dream a little while back where I was watching the E3 conference and a Halo 6 trailer was shown. At the end it cuts to somebody in spartan armor playing Halo 6 and asks "These tournament settings are pretty cool! Hey do you remember how to sprint in this game?" as Chief walks up and says quizzically "Sprint?"

It'll never happen, but a man can literally dream.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I had a dream a little while back where I was watching the E3 conference and a Halo 6 trailer was shown. At the end it cuts to somebody in spartan armor playing Halo 6 and asks "These tournament settings are pretty cool! Hey do you remember how to sprint in this game?" as Chief walks up and says quizzically "Sprint?"

It'll never happen, but a man can literally dream.

A dream we pray is true my friend, my shoulder is here for your tears

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am pretty optimistic there will be some form of sign up to a closed beta within June after an E3 announcement (if there is one). It would make sense to have it now in a couple of months and then release h6 in q1-2 of 2019 afterwards.

that being said I also expect nothing since this is 343 and their track record for pleasing fans is abysmal. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

E3 is either going to be a 2 second teaser with no information or an incredibly disappointing reveal that makes delete my xbox account

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1