CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There must be something going down at 343. No way all the pros leaving and especially two within a week is a mere coincidence.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In 2018, a AAA title that pretty much pioneered the growth of console esports should definitely strive to be a fraction of what it once was. There's so much storied history in Halo, and it sucks to see that we barely have any Youtube presence, 100 viewers on Twitch, and a graveyard of organizations that once supported us. There are literally 2 ORG skins in the game that are still relevant.

It's just sad. I'm not saying throw a huge tournament every month, I'm just saying sitting on our thumbs for months on end waiting for anything exciting to talk about in the HCS really sucks.

We shouldn't be okay with "well this is how it was a decade ago." Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful, but also hope for more.

It's the reality of demand. If the bill wasn't footed be the developer/publisher there wouldn't even be any Halo5 tournaments or any Org interest or even much top player interest for that matter. Places like Beyond that have happily put on broadcasts / online tournaments / content off their own back could easily have been a cornerstone of short term content development. They're trying their best but you can't force people to be interested.

I guess we'll find out at E3 whether it matters really anyway.

The optimist says that its because the next Halo is classic and they all want to go back to competing and just playing the game non-stop

The realist says its because they have finally had enough of their opinions being ignored and Halo 6 is going to be more Halo 5.

Or they've been working there for 4-5 years each and have decided it's time to move on...?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

People leave jobs after years and people here always think its some sign or some death sentence to the future of Halo.

People want to do new things. It's really not that crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 7

People leave jobs after years and people here always think its some sign or some death sentence to the future of Halo.

People want to do new things. It's really not that crazy.

The problem is the people leaving are OG Halo gods that wanted to bring Halo back to glory through classic mechanics. The fact that they’re leaving is not a good sign for Halo in the slightest.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem is the people leaving are OG Halo gods that wanted to bring Halo back to glory through classic mechanics. The fact that they’re leaving is not a good sign for Halo in the slightest.

Ghost

Neighbor 

Vartan (pro team)

Bravo

Strongside 

Who do we have? Dersk(works on the waypoint app iirc) and Tash? Unyshek?  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Especially when two of them leave one right after the other, and both this close to E3. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone keeps talking about about the Pro team like they had tons of input and were deeply involved in anything, yet completely gloss over the fact of the settings for the beginning of Halo 5. The timing of them leaving means absolutely nothing for the future with Halo 6 as that games development would be basically done at this point, so any input they did have would have been fleshed out by now.

2 people in a few days is weird. 

What is there, 1 person on the HCS team now? 2?

There really isn't any reason for these guys to stay. Most of that team have left and Strongsides role was never a large one to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 5

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I dunno man, looks like a 6th place team.  it's just rough at this point in H5's competitive lifecycle

• Upvote (+1) 1

Everyone keeps talking about about the Pro team like they had tons of input and were deeply involved in anything, yet completely gloss over the fact of the settings for the beginning of Halo 5. The timing of them leaving means absolutely nothing for the future with Halo 6 as that games development would be basically done at this point, so any input they did have would have been fleshed out by now.

There really isn't any reason for these guys to stay. Most of that team have left and Strongsides role was never a large one to begin with.

My line of thinking is they're tired of seeing the direction Halo is going in and dont want to be part of it. They're not going to stay and watch the game they loved turn into what we have now. I could be wrong but the fact that the majority that are leaving are the OG's is the most worrisome part.

My line of thinking is they're tired of seeing the direction Halo is going in and dont want to be part of it. They're not going to stay and watch the game they loved turn into what we have now. I could be wrong but the fact that the majority that are leaving are the OG's is the most worrisome part.

Honestly this doesn't really make sense. They had years of seeing H5 development to come to that point. I imagine the pro team position was simply removed awhile ago and they got shifted around and decided to do something else and are each leaving when its appropriate for themselves.