CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

how is a tournament every two months a bad thing?  this is literally what we had with H3 MLG

Yeah considering this is H5s swan song, its fine.

how is a tournament every two months a bad thing?  this is literally what we had with H3 MLG

That was 10 years ago, and the game was way more popular.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

im not fussed with the tournaments. the gears dual event is awesome and shoulve been done a long time ago, and london being an open event as well is really hype. im just worried that online play is supposed to be starting and there has been no word on what the online play actually is

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait, there's only 3 tournaments for the next 6 months?

I wonder how Orgs feel about that

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im just worried that online play is supposed to be starting and there has been no word on what the online play actually is

I usually map out the dates for Beyond, would be cool to know also so we don't overstep. We just finished finalizing June last week, will announce soon.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Wait, there's only 3 tournaments for the next 6 months?

Is this a problem? We'll have as many events as we did last year.

That was 10 years ago, and the game was way more popular.

So a current, less popular game should have tournaments more frequently?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope this combined event is not one time thing. This is such an excellent opportunity to grow and connect both scenes. Very excited.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So a current, less popular game should have tournaments more frequently?

In 2018, a AAA title that pretty much pioneered the growth of console esports should definitely strive to be a fraction of what it once was. There's so much storied history in Halo, and it sucks to see that we barely have any Youtube presence, 100 viewers on Twitch, and a graveyard of organizations that once supported us. There are literally 2 ORG skins in the game that are still relevant.

It's just sad. I'm not saying throw a huge tournament every month, I'm just saying sitting on our thumbs for months on end waiting for anything exciting to talk about in the HCS really sucks.

We shouldn't be okay with "well this is how it was a decade ago." Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful, but also hope for more.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope this combined event is not one time thing. This is such an excellent opportunity to grow and connect both scenes. Very excited.

I think it would be sweet if Gears and Halo had joint events all the time other than maybe World Championships.  Even that could be hype as fuck though.

• Upvote (+1) 3

In 2018, a AAA title that pretty much pioneered the growth of console esports should definitely strive to be a fraction of what it once was. There's so much storied history in Halo, and it sucks to see that we barely have any Youtube presence, 100 viewers on Twitch, and a graveyard of organizations that once supported us. There are literally 2 ORG skins in the game that are still relevant.

It's just sad. I'm not saying throw a huge tournament every month, I'm just saying sitting on our thumbs for months on end waiting for anything exciting to talk about in the HCS really sucks.

We shouldn't be okay with "well this is how it was a decade ago." Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful, but also hope for more.

The more I see of H5, the less interested in it I am.

Less tourneys is better.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why would you ever remove an asymmetric gametype from a competitive playlist?

I'm fine with keeping The Rig SH because you're forced to move around most of the time, where as in Rig TS, red team gets the best spawn for fighting for camo/sniper/scattershot. All of these items (camo/sniper/scattershot) are placed in a position where red team gets a really good fight for them and a GREAT escape route for each item compared to blue team. Think about this, if blue team gets camo, their best way out is often going on those bottom rails to the basement area, that cutoff is easily seen from red base. Where as, if red team goes for camo, their best escape route is going to the court in front of tower area, an area that is secure from the enemy. Now look at snipe spawn, red team has white hall to use when fighting for it, where as blue team has a huge open field and a cat walk that is also super open... that's not fair at all for escape routes, red can fall back engine or into white while blue must hide behind a random block under nest or use that pillar on open field, easy kills basically. Then you got scattershot, the red team can run back to tower, safe from blue cutoffs, where blue team can run into long hall, back rails, or basement, all pretty easy to pursue or at least almost get the kill on for red team. That map favors bunker (red side) too much and is snowbally because of that. 

I think take out Rig TS and add in another asym forge map for slayer. If we must keep Rig TS then we should rework item/weapon spawns so blue team has a fair escape route for each of them. That's my main complaint.

The more I see of H5, the less interested in it I am.

Less tourneys is better.

I understand that POV, I just fear we'll be in the same situation come H6. :/

Former pros and halo purists leaving the company weeks before the next game is likely revealed

Everything is fine!

• Upvote (+1) 6