CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Bout 2 and a half years too late there, Josh.

Yeah I'm consistently amazed at how slow 343 is about fixing things; I'm glad that they've been improving H5 but the game was released in 2015, I dunno man.  The vast majority of the fixes they've done in the past couple years should have been pre-release fixes

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty sure Josh Menke is just going for the throat now. And, I actually kinda love it.

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

Bout 2 and a half years too late there, Josh.

didnt he leave after the h5 beta to go work for blizzard? pretty sure he is fixing others mistakes at this point

Yeah I'm consistently amazed at how slow 343 is about fixing things; I'm glad that they've been improving H5 but the game was released in 2015, I dunno man.  The vast majority of the fixes they've done in the past couple years should have been pre-release fixes

Yeah, he left post beta and has been back for a year and change.  I think a lot of these changes were only made possible because of the implementation of TrueSkill2.  The good thing is it seems like he has the autonomy to just turn knobs at will.  The number of people that are butthurt that the ranking system isn't stroking their ego anymore and josh's responses to them are the best twitter reading i have had in a while.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am now convinced the games industry have forgotten how to count.

Battlefield 4 -> Battlefield 1 -> Battlefield V

Fallout 3 -> Fallout 4 -> Fallout 76

Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox One

Halo 6 isn't coming out this year because we are skipping straight to Halo 7: We don't talk about 6.

Halo 6 is gonna be called some cheesy shit like Halo 117. I would bet money on it

Halo 6 is gonna be called some cheesy shit like Halo 117. I would bet money on it

Especially since 343 never chases fads lol

HCS_Takedown must have a fetish for getting owned online. He just keeps coming back for more.

Who the fuck is HCS_Takedown?

Exactly

• Upvote (+1) 3

idk either, but I just keep seeing him getting clowned by Menke after getting mad online over his diamond rank.

A below average AM who tells his teammates how to play Halo mid game and every death he has is someone else's fault.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Go the CoD: Black Ops route with "Halo IIIIII".

While it is true the correct numerical representation for the number 4 in Roman numerals is "IV", the usage of "IIII" is also common in many cases where it is a visual presentation of the number. Clocks, for example, frequently have it written this way.

As far as the Takedown stuff goes, it's just another case of a player thinking that because they can play the game/have been playing for a while, that they understand exactly how a system with thoroughly researched mathematical background should apply in their case. Trueskill2 and Menke who developed it are industry leading in pretty much every way. Halo's ranking issues have been driven by population more than anything for a while now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As far as the Takedown stuff goes, it's just another case of a player thinking that because they can play the game/have been playing for a while, that they understand exactly how a system with thoroughly researched mathematical background should apply in their case. Trueskill2 and Menke who developed it are industry leading in pretty much every way. Halo's ranking issues have been driven by population more than anything for a while now.

I find it funny too because if you're in diamond in HCS you're pretty solid. According to Halo tracker you're within the top five or six percent of players. Like I get competitive players always want to be better. But diamond in HCS is nothing to sneeze at.

Also so far this season it seems percentages have skewed. I believe when checking previous seasons I would see five-ish percent being in onyx, now it's 1.3%. I haven't checked in a while so maybe it's been down for a long time.

Yeah I'm consistently amazed at how slow 343 is about fixing things; I'm glad that they've been improving H5 but the game was released in 2015, I dunno man. The vast majority of the fixes they've done in the past couple years should have been pre-release fixes

Don't worry guys, if there's one thing we've learned it's that all these things will carry over into the next game and we sure as hell won't hit that reset button and start from scratch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have personally seen HCS_Takedown beat up two guys at once, one with each hand. You guys seriously would not be saying one-sixteenth of this shit to his face, I guarantee it.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I have personally seen HCS_Takedown beat up two guys at once, one with each hand. You guys seriously would not be saying one-sixteenth of this shit to his face, I guarantee it.

Lmao I'd be so embarrassed to have posted this

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it funny too because if you're in diamond in HCS you're pretty solid. According to Halo tracker you're within the top five or six percent of players. Like I get competitive players always want to be better. But diamond in HCS is nothing to sneeze at.

Also so far this season it seems percentages have skewed. I believe when checking previous seasons I would see five-ish percent being in onyx, now it's 1.3%. I haven't checked in a while so maybe it's been down for a long time.

Whats funny for me is how pissed off people have been with their rankings this season and how low they are. Yet im over here enjoying it bcs im actually ranked higher then I was the previous seasons. I think the last 3-4 seasons I would place low to mid plat. This season I pretty much placed right below D1 and im now nearing D3 in HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 3