CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Core team was actually Gh0st, Dersky, Side, Neighbor, Killer V, plus a few other competitive guest stars near the beginning. So technically Dersk & Side are the only two charter members left. 

Killer V? *scratches head* Wasn't it Killer N? Jesus Christ I've been following (very loosely with Halo Reach-5) competitive Halo for a long time.

Also, who the hell is Killer V? Should I have a notion who that is competitively? Or just a 343 employee who was enthusiastic about comp play and therefore part of the team?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Killer V? *scratches head* Wasn't it Killer N? Jesus Christ I've been following (very loosely with Halo Reach-5) competitive Halo for a long time.

Also, who the hell is Killer V? Should I have a notion who that is competitively? Or just a 343 employee who was enthusiastic about comp play and therefore part of the team?

Vartan's og tag was Hellhavens if that helps. 

I wouldn't be concerned. Quitting to take a break from working in game development is surprisingly common from what I've heard. It's a lot of work with little vacation time, and you can generally make more money working in tech away from games. I wouldn't doubt if most of these guys are tired, I'm not too familiar with what some of them do but maybe they're looking for something new and felt there was nowhere they were interested in within 343.

Many reasons for them to move on, leaving because they don't like the game this far into development would surprise me.

Generally yes if someone that's talented with software engineering is involved in game design there's an astronomically high chance its out of passion and not because the pay check is better. I'm not really sure about the other roles but I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar there too. Obviously that can change based on your specific role/company/experience

I wouldn't be concerned. Quitting to take a break from working in game development is surprisingly common from what I've heard.

I've heard this too, but in this case it's OG Halo players that get to work on a game that IS their passion that wanted to see Halo return to its glory. They still left.  I'm remaining cautiously optimistic but all the OG Halo players leaving doesn't give me much to hope for. And again, before I get told to hop off someone's dick, I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've come to the conclusion that Community Management is basically the "Teacher" of the game job industry lol. 

more like front line infantry than anything, i bet when Raven Team/no halo 6 news was announced his twitter mentions were something that resembled Normandy Beach on D-Day

• Upvote (+1) 1

tdQTdEq.jpg

Mr Chief, I don't feel so good.

I like the one you posted in the discord better. 

I like the one you posted in the discord better. 

glC5aYx.jpg

It was a nice work in progress.

I am now convinced the games industry have forgotten how to count.

Battlefield 4 -> Battlefield 1 -> Battlefield V

Fallout 3 -> Fallout 4 -> Fallout 76

Xbox -> Xbox 360 -> Xbox One

Halo 6 isn't coming out this year because we are skipping straight to Halo 7: We don't talk about 6.

I cant wait for Halo 77

Can’t wait for the new Halo. It won’t be Halo, though. It will be: RingWorld: Tracer Abilities Replace Sprint and Clamber.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've heard this too, but in this case it's OG Halo players that get to work on a game that IS their passion that wanted to see Halo return to its glory. They still left.  I'm remaining cautiously optimistic but all the OG Halo players leaving doesn't give me much to hope for. And again, before I get told to hop off someone's dick, I hope I'm wrong.

The pro team worked on H5 and we all know how that turned out. I remember Neighbor talking about how they had to fight tooth and nail just to get Descope and Flag dropping back, to me that means they had very little design input if their biggest achievement are fixing two glaring mistakes of H4.

So what does this mean for H6? Either 343 came to their senses and hired better designers so the pro team's input would have been "obsolete" at that point (fingers crossed) OR they are doubling down on all the ability nonsense because without the pro team there is no one to stop them (most likely outcome).

• Upvote (+1) 1

more like front line infantry than anything, i bet when Raven Team/no halo 6 news was announced his twitter mentions were something that resembled Normandy Beach on D-Day

I read some of that it was mostly pure stupidity.  They were very clear in mentioning the 3rd parties that created it and anybody who thinks that 343 started manufacturing arcade cabinets in-house is a moron, frankly.

Bout 2 and a half years too late there, Josh.

didnt he leave after the h5 beta to go work for blizzard? pretty sure he is fixing others mistakes at this point

• Upvote (+1) 4

didnt he leave after the h5 beta to go work for blizzard? pretty sure he is fixing others mistakes at this point

Activision(CoD) IIRC, believe he has gone Blizzard->Halo->CoD->Halo.