CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The HCS playlist is a slightly striped down version of their game. I'm surprised they budged and took out any of the abilities.

I hope one day the core game itself is built from a competitive POV

It doesn't even need to be built from a competitive PoV imo. It's just needs to be built from a "What makes Halo actually work" PoV.  Sprint is not it.  EZ-Mode weapons is not it.  Thats not even a competitive vs casual argument, its just logical deduction from years and years of Halo history across the spectrum of player types.  Focus on making the bare-bones, stripped down game as fun as possible with a variety of weapons that are appropriate for different skill levels and the core original gameplay mechanics intact and the rest will follow.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just from one game, I can safely say the Sanctuary remake is fuckin' huge.

There better not be any dumb stalemates ala Fathom.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There won't be because flag doesn't need to be home to score and 12 second static return time.

tumblr_nd7ijmpkAs1qgf1i8o1_400.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

The amount of people in MM who stand on the flag on sanc make me want to toss myself out the window.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There won't be because flag doesn't need to be home to score and 12 second static return time.

Yikes lmao so this is supposed to be better than Fathom? Can't wait to see constant trade caps cuz you can thrust slide and desperate the flag every time AND score whenever. Glad they can make a whole new fucking ruleset for ONE map but couldn't just change OT rules for Fathom. Lmao.
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yikes lmao so this is supposed to be better than Fathom? Can't wait to see constant trade caps cuz you can thrust slide and desperate the flag every time AND score whenever. Glad they can make a whole new fucking ruleset for ONE map but couldn't just change OT rules for Fathom. Lmao.

Bring back Narrows flag

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are you sure that ruleset doesn’t apply only to the new map Refuge and is a completely universal change?

10 second respawn + new OT rules = win.  Though i did check the custom game settings, and there is no way to set any kind of "Sudden death" settings whatsoever.  I must have looked for like 15 minutes because i thought that couldn't be possible to leave out a "Sudden death" option but alas....

Are you sure that ruleset doesn’t apply only to the new map Refuge and is a completely universal change?

Yeah that's what i was trying to say.  it only applies to Sanc.

It doesn't even need to be built from a competitive PoV imo. It's just needs to be built from a "What makes Halo actually work" PoV.  Sprint is not it.  EZ-Mode weapons is not it.  Thats not even a competitive vs casual argument, its just logical deduction from years and years of Halo history across the spectrum of player types.  Focus on making the bare-bones, stripped down game as fun as possible with a variety of weapons that are appropriate for different skill levels and the core original gameplay mechanics intact and the rest will follow.

You don't know what you're talking about though. The polls on Waypoint say differently...

Bring back Narrows flag

I remember when people first started making forge remakes in Halo 5 and everyone realized thrust completely destroys everything about narrows

• Upvote (+1) 1

He hasn't been here since before Halo 5 was released hahaha. Lost password probably.

Sucks to see him go, such a good guy. Lucky too, dating Xena ;)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who’s left from the original pro team?

The whole crew was Ghostayame, Bravo, Neighbor, and Dersky right? Bravo was kind of iffy on that list, but I counted him.

In that case just Dersky, there's a few people there who enjoyed competitive Halo back in the day, but I don't think they were ever "pro team".

The whole crew was Ghostayame, Bravo, Neighbor, and Dersky right? Bravo was kind of iffy on that list, but I counted him.

In that case just Dersky, there's a few people there who enjoyed competitive Halo back in the day, but I don't think they were ever "pro team".

Core team was actually Gh0st, Dersky, Side, Neighbor, Killer V, plus a few other competitive guest stars near the beginning. So technically Dersk & Side are the only two charter members left. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Core team was actually Gh0st, Dersky, Side, Neighbor, Killer V, plus a few other competitive guest stars near the beginning. So technically Dersk & Side are the only two charter members left.

I've seen Strongside play Halo 5, he doesn't count ;)

I maybe completely forgot about him. I appreciate the correction and further explanation, thanks!

• Upvote (+1) 5

The turnover of all these OG's lately doesn't make me feel good

I wouldn't be concerned. Quitting to take a break from working in game development is surprisingly common from what I've heard. It's a lot of work with little vacation time, and you can generally make more money working in tech away from games. I wouldn't doubt if most of these guys are tired, I'm not too familiar with what some of them do but maybe they're looking for something new and felt there was nowhere they were interested in within 343.

Many reasons for them to move on, leaving because they don't like the game this far into development would surprise me.

• Upvote (+1) 4