FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If 343 doesn't realize from this alone that the community WANTS CLASSIC HALO, nothing will make them understand.

Let's wait for viewership numbers and how both that and the amount of teams are retained in later events. This alone is small, especially when it's not an official HCS event (yes, I know it's grassroots).

• Upvote (+1) 7

I can't believe how great this first event is already shaping up to be. I have a practiced skepticism when it comes to Halo these days, but all signs point to the next year of Halo viewership being pretty damn good. 

Not that it matters too much, but Gandhi offers a compromise for 50 kills.

Gandhi is not wrong, at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Gandhi is not wrong, at all.

I'm kind of mixed, part of me would want the game to be played out, but 99% of people would rather see an endpoint especially when it becomes exciting when a team in a losing position has to play ultra aggressive.

I feel a fifteen minute time limit wouldn't be reached in 95% of games so I think I would be fine with this limit. But I have no idea what the top players would think.

Let's wait for viewership numbers and how both that and the amount of teams are retained in later events. This alone is small, especially when it's not an official HCS event (yes, I know it's grassroots).

It's still the most interested anyone's been in Halo since the PC Halo Online. Which was also because it's Classic Halo. It shouldn't be hard to put two and two together.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Oh god we’re back to the amateur hour casters again that was one thing I was worried about with having non-HCS events is having people that shouldn’t be casting making the scene look bad.

Like the most recent event had a perfect lineup minus Elamite/T2 not being allowed to cast and bringing in Lethal as an analyst I’d much rather stick with the casters we already had.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Cynosure King of the Hill and Hexogen Capture the Flag are both really solid

L8 but Halcyon is IMO the best map in H3.

On casters: Legion and Joe Fries should only ever cast side events. They didn't even bother figuring out how to change POVs last time.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah no offense but if we want this to look like a legitimate tournament for the start of the HCS Grassroots program, Legion and Joe Fries aren't the choice. They're funny but they don't give a flying fuck about what's happening on screen.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah Fries and Legion are super funny duo but i dont think they should be casting this. More like interviews and such.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea it's 100% the grid aiming lol. Idk if it's an easy fix or not but it's absolutely unbearable. You combine that and the projectiles, spread, and hit reg and it's a nightmare. I can't imagine playing it for money in this current state.

I'm surprised nobody brought this up.  This is from the last MCC  update:

Looking Ahead: We have additional items we are investigating right now to improve these even further by giving players an option to play the classic games with aiming mechanics more aligned with the likes of Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary. The team is looking to integrate this into a future update and will be available first in the MCC Insider program. More details to come!

idk about you all but aiming like Halo 4 or H2A would make Halo 3 feel soooo much better.  

I like having to lead shots in H3, it adds a bit more to think about when shooting someone. It also allows for a greater chance of outshooting someone.

Though I do agree that the varying degree in which you have to lead your shot should be consistent each game.

I mean, they would still keep it projectile so you would still have to lead.  Hell they could keep the average spread values if they want, just make them consistent and not totally random. They could shape the 3 bullets like this ^.  If would retain the overall feel of H3 but get rid of the randomness.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm surprised nobody brought this up.  This is from the last MCC  update:

idk about you all but aiming like Halo 4 or H2A would make Halo 3 feel soooo much better.  

I mean, they would still keep it projectile so you would still have to lead.  Hell they could keep the average spread values if they want, just make them consistent and not totally random. They could shape the 3 bullets like this ^.  If would retain the overall feel of H3 but get rid of the randomness.

If they're changing things like aiming, there's no reason they can't just delete the spread from the BR. The game is still gonna be super inconsistent online, but at least with aiming fixes and no spread it will be a lot less so.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just came across the tweet from @@UGCmatt asking for volunteers. The chance to work for a TO again is too good to pass up. I filled out that application with a giant grin. I'll be making the drive from Ft. Riley KS regardless, but man, I'm giddy about the thought of being involved with this tournament.  And if they do an H1 side event? Please let me cast that thing!

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just came across the tweet from @@UGCmatt asking for volunteers. The chance to work for a TO again is too good to pass up. I filled out that application with a giant grin. I'll be making the drive from Ft. Riley KS regardless, but man, I'm giddy about the thought of being involved with this tournament.  And if they do an H1 side event? Please let me cast that thing!

You better do some networking too. 

• Upvote (+1) 1