FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

why do so many people think spread = projectile. Half the big mcc streamers for h3 think this. Just why.

Because the average H3 kid's response to BR spread has been "Lol, LeArN HoW To LeaD YoU'Re Sh0tZ" for the last 11 years. At some point this bullshit became gospel.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish the MCC updates were faster. Its been months since its release and there haven't been any significant gameplay improvements. Recently playing games like PUBG Xbox, Siege, Fortnite and seeing those games get gameplay updates almost weekly and seeing nothing for MCC or even how slow it was for Halo 5 is disappointing. 

You mean years right?

I've talked with the UGC Matt guy in the past and he seemed interested in doing something but we never talked about any details. This is well before the grassroots thing was announced. I would love to see them host an event but I would be absolutely baffled if they chose 25 kills for Halo CE 2v2. It makes very little sense to play the game to that score limit. To be completely honest I feel like an extreme majority of the Halo CE and Halo 2 players from back in the day are completely out of touch with where the game is today unless they have kept up with some LANs.

why do so many people think spread = projectile. Half the big mcc streamers for h3 think this. Just why.

Yeah this is one of the more annoying arguments I hear against projectile. They think its to blame for a lack of accuracy or poor hit detection. It's either that or they think leading shots counteracts random spread.

You mean years right?

Yea sure but I will give 343 the benefit of the doubt and start from the release of the new update. How big is this MCC team? Have they told us? For a such, a big and powerful studio Halo is easily the worst big MP game in terms of updates. Even Bungie has improved and releases more updates for Destiny 2. How sad is it that we have to have Snipedown call them out on Twitter months later for them to "look into it". There is no timeline or anything for us to look forward too.

LOL just as I was typing this I see this:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've talked with the UGC Matt guy in the past and he seemed interested in doing something but we never talked about any details. This is well before the grassroots thing was announced. I would love to see them host an event but I would be absolutely baffled if they chose 25 kills for Halo CE 2v2. It makes very little sense to play the game to that score limit. To be completely honest I feel like an extreme majority of the Halo CE and Halo 2 players from back in the day are completely out of touch with where the game is today unless they have kept up with some LANs.

He did answer the 50 vs 25 question with this:

• Upvote (+1) 2

As a side event, idc if its 25. But as a player it makes the game play so differently. It gets a lot slower and people dont take risks. I agree with gandhi thag you do get to the meat of the match quicker. A blown out game isnt as exciting as a tied game.

People don’t seem to have a problem with 50 kill slayer games in 4v4 and they last roughly the same amount of time as a round of slayer in 2v2 CE so I’m not sure where he is getting that from. That being said, it would be amazing for CE to get that kind of exposure and I’d be super happy whether it’s played 50 or 10.

As a side event, I wouldn't care what it is as long as it's not promoted as being a competitive focal point. I think 2v2 CE, even on MCC is one of the easiest ways to set up a fun side station at an event. Play it till 25, have pros play joes kinda thing etc.

In Daytona we had numerous teams come up to us that were knocked out in losers bracket round 2. We kinda turned it into a joke to get teams to sit down and 2v2 and find out who the weak link was lol. Most of those teams had 4 players that had no idea what to do in CE and they were having the times of the lives.

As a competitive event, I think it needs to be OG equipment and CRTs. At least in terms of an event where we are trying to get as many competitors to come out. Needs to be played till 50 and then there will still be debate as to whether we use NHE or on/off host.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Didn't see anyone talking about it, but royal 2 was streaming last night and dude has the best shot out of everyone ive seen streaming. Dudes actually a freak and i love it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

When Gandhi suggested 25, I think he's trying to lower the barrier of entry to watch and a five minute game is a lot easier to quickly check out than a ten to fifteen minute game. Also this is almost definitely being played on MCC if it does happen, which is unfortunate but understandable considering the large MCC event they're running at the same time.

If you zoom in on the following image, it has the "mv_param" text again with the number 128 beside it. Looks like they're expanding again.

Missed opportunity for a red circle meme. 

This hype is incredible. If we actually get 128 teams in attendance the atmosphere is gonna be bonkers. I fucking love it.

Imagine if they do the 2v2 and in between H3 matches they cast the Ogres. :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 4

If UGC would stream CE games, with a caster as a side event - I wouldn't care if it was to 10 kills or 100, let alone 50 vs. 25.

I would actually get to see my favorite game of all time streamed.  Taking nothing away from the Beach Lan - loved it.  But i think the quality of stream would be more well done with UGC/Microsoft support.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo CE event with Ogre 1 & 2 both in town?

Oh my

Unfortunately there's a command in 2gres chat that says he's not going :(.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Taking nothing away from the Beach Lan - loved it.  But i think the quality of stream would be more well done with UGC/Microsoft support.

productions improve with a better budget for sure. this would be great

Not that it matters too much, but Gandhi offers a compromise for 50 kills.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reading the replies to this tweet is so damn annoying Eric suggests something that will only improve the game and make it miles better..”but nah we shouldn’t try improving it cuz online is meant to be bad”.

Sounds familiar.

• Downvote (-1) 2