FREE AUGUST TOURNAMENTS 

APEX LEGENDSROCKET LEAGUE

CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Reach/4/5 incredibly different gameplay, not very popular.

reach was pretty popular. I think the numbers suggested it retained 60-70% of h3s population for most of it's life. I remember it simmered to like 100-150k a day until 4 came out.

Obviously the first big drop in the series though. Red flags that 343 did not pick up on.

• Like (+1) 1

Ever since the big August patch, H3 feels like LAN to me. My hit reg has been insanely good compared to 360 and pre-patch MCC. Feels like a different game.

I agree. My experience is way better now than it's ever been. The hard truth no one seems to want to swallow is that every shooter will have blank shots. I get a ton on CSGO, Overwatch, Paladins, Fortnite and Destiny and I sit around 30 ping at all times.

On the topic of observer mode - I'm not a programmer but I'm going to guess that is a big task. But so worth..

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone play around with the new sens and deadzone options? As someone who played mainly 3/4 in H3 what do u guys recommend now?

Anyone play around with the new sens and deadzone options? As someone who played mainly 3/4 in H3 what do u guys recommend now?

I was 3/4 in H3 too, and currently testing out 4.5, 4.5, 1. Has felt the best so far.

Raise sens a little, lower accel to 2. 4-4-2 is best for me.

when it's good (aka when you get a good server given to you from RNGesus) then it's considerably better than H3 360,but every below average game is complete shit on MCC. Like dying around corners shit. Idk what is happening under the hood, but game to game is extremely inconsistent.

See, I live on the other side of the planet (Japan) so I've never been able to pin down if it was just the game or my terrible ping (about 100 to the US West data center). It's probably a combination of both, but I feel like I'm being killed behind walls almost consistently now when in comparison to my time playing H5 prior to the tournament. 

Are we seriously living in a world where a Final Boss reunion might happen :weback::apg:

Pls based god i need this

Not technically news, but it sounds like spectator mode conversations are being had within 343.

• Upvote (+1) 8

this is a cool article on halo as an esport and discussion about classic halo vs modern halo featuring @@TheSimms, ghost, and walshy. its definitely worth the read

https://ginx.tv/halo/halo-esports-ahead-of-time/

Good article. My main takeaway is that it's just such a damn shame that competitive gaming and Twitch viewership was on the rise right as Halo was on its way down. Things could have turned out so differently if competitive gaming going mainstream happened just a bit sooner, or the golden age of Halo happened just a bit later. 

Good article. My main takeaway is that it's just such a damn shame that competitive gaming and Twitch viewership was on the rise right as Halo was on its way down. Things could have turned out so differently if competitive gaming going mainstream happened just a bit sooner, or the golden age of Halo happened just a bit later. 

what a difference another year of h3 would've had...

Reading the replies to this tweet is so damn annoying Eric suggests something that will only improve the game and make it miles better..”but nah we shouldn’t try improving it cuz online is meant to be bad”.

• Upvote (+1) 6

If Infinite releases in late 2020, we will potentially be seeing 18 months/2 years worth of classic halo instead of only 2019. That would be great to see the technical / quality of life stuff for competitive halo 1/2/3 be introduced before then if not possible as a quick fix now.

Raise sens a little, lower accel to 2. 4-4-2 is best for me.

I was 3/4 in H3 too, and currently testing out 4.5, 4.5, 1. Has felt the best so far.

Thanks will try these out!

I think you could change things about H3 and leave it feeling like it H3. The spread on the BR is definitely something that could be improved and made consistent. That doesn't even mean give it laser precision from anywhere on the map. Just make it the same every burst and tighten it up so that it doesn't just randomly fail you. If cross mapping is then stronger drop the damage increase from the MLG settings because that only exists to counter the random bullet that may or may not miss to begin with. I guess maybe I shouldn't expect these people to understand they're already playing a heavily modified version of H3 with the competitive settings and maps meant to directly counter things like the BR spread but... they are.

Following in the same vein if you're looking for straight improvements to the competitive settings you could start with reducing the damage to default levels and instead only apply the damage increase to specific weapons, such as the BR, so that situations like being killed by one sniper body shot or frag would be significantly less likely to occur. Ever wonder how that guy killed you with one mauler shot? Yup. The reason it happens is because the invisible health system in Halo 3 recharges slower than the shields do but when you increase base damage on the sniper it deals health and shield damage with a body shot. So if you come very close to dying but get your shield back you can still potentially die to one body shot depending on how long after it is. You could also sync health and shield recharge rates. Now that this is in the hands of the developers instead of us just making random settings these rough edges don't have to exist.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not technically news, but it sounds like spectator mode conversations are being had within 343.

This makes me awfully sad because we had the opportunity to have all of this years ago after MCC launched and I would be confident that MCC would be a a great game right now. Instead now we know that Cortana is bad and wants to do bad things..... and MCC crashed and burned.

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish the MCC updates were faster. Its been months since its release and there haven't been any significant gameplay improvements. Recently playing games like PUBG Xbox, Siege, Fortnite and seeing those games get gameplay updates almost weekly and seeing nothing for MCC or even how slow it was for Halo 5 is disappointing. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I like having to lead shots in H3, it adds a bit more to think about when shooting someone. It also allows for a greater chance of outshooting someone.

Though I do agree that the varying degree in which you have to lead your shot should be consistent each game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like having to lead shots in H3, it adds a bit more to think about when shooting someone. It also allows for a greater chance of outshooting someone.

Though I do agree that the varying degree in which you have to lead your shot should be consistent each game.

Leading/Projectile bullets are fine, but if the BR spread can be fixed/tightened.... it definitely should. Like I mentioned before, if people are going to pick the lesser of two evils, Halo 3 is going to win everyday and it's not even close.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nwnj0cL.png

Not denying blood shots and ghost melees are feeling a little too often, but with ping like that, you should be expecting it lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

why do so many people think spread = projectile. Half the big mcc streamers for h3 think this. Just why.
  • Upvote (+1) 1