CyReN

Halo Championship Series 2018 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What's funny is Halo 5 tourneys are wildly entertaining to watch.

What's funnier is that there aren't any pro Halo 5 players on here whining about broken gameplay and the need for "Classic Halo." If there were than the argument against mine might hold a little weight. But there aren't.

You must not know what Twitter is....
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I do and it's s cesspool.

It's not a hot look.

so you'll only take pros opinions on this but you're gonna ignore everything they've said because its on twitter?

• Upvote (+1) 5

The timeout ban for quitting out of a match that your random teammate quit out of first in MCC has got to go. Nothing worse than getting banned because a kid gets 4’d his first spawn and quits, so you quit because 3v4 and you’re banned. Wot.

• Upvote (+1) 6

What's funnier is that there aren't any pro Halo 5 players on here whining about broken gameplay and the need for "Classic Halo." If there were than the argument against mine might hold a little weight. But there aren't.

You must not know what Twitter is....

Yeah I do and it's s cesspool.

It's not a hot look.

Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif

• Upvote (+1) 7

guys, just put the troll on your ignore list and move on

But how else am I gonna be able to pay the troll toll to get into the boy's soul?

• Upvote (+1) 9

@@DrGoodBaller

So I enjoyed the last year of H5 more than the majority of people here (just when I felt like I couldn't go on with AR+radar any more the settings changed and I started having a lot more fun playing the game); I enjoy the 2018 comp settings enough so that I actually wouldn't mind another year of H5 instead of a year of H3. But you can't just ignore the desire for a classic Halo game. Hell, my entire defense of Halo 5 has been centered around the line "it might not be a good Halo game, but the 2018 settings do make it a pretty good competitive shooter".

I would much rather have C2, H2, or H2A as the classic Halo game we move to, H3 is my least favorite to play of the classic style Halo games, but it makes too much sense to have H3 be the new game to go about approaching the demand for it as something that's just nostalgia driven. It's team-driven with good maps and solid gameplay and from a marketing perspective (eSports driven by developers is there to promote the game/franchise) it's by far and away the best game to support in a build up to Infinite, especially with Infinite so far out. Could anyone honestly say that if competitive Halo was grassroots driven like Melee (and wasn't driven by eSports) H3 wouldn't already have retaken the spot of main tournament game?

If you have anything constructive to say or debate regardign H5 or H3 I'm sure that there are plenty of people here willing to hear you out, but you're not adding anything to the conversation. I'm tempted to just ignore all your posts, but thought I'd give you the courtesy of attempting to see if you had anything to say before doing so. Having a post thanking Tashi and 343 for what they did with H5 because you enjoyed their efforts is great and in and of itself that's nothing to neg rep anyone on, but trying to dismiss everyone else without actually making a reasoned argument about things is just whining.

• Upvote (+1) 8

But how else am I gonna be able to pay the troll toll to get into the boy's soul?

You gotta pay the toll troll to get in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ahhh okay, you're blaming H5 for losing your job with Team Liquid ... I guess I'd be angry too

???

Halo 5 has nothing to do with that, I remained a part of Team Liquid for months after they released the Halo roster and had multiple opportunities to pursue further employment with them, but elected not to.

• Upvote (+1) 9

The timeout ban for quitting out of a match that your random teammate quit out of first in MCC has got to go. Nothing worse than getting banned because a kid gets 4’d his first spawn and quits, so you quit because 3v4 and you’re banned. Wot.

Couldn't agree more. In back to back games last night I had guys quit out within the first 3 kills of Team Slayer games. I stayed through the first and got destroyed, didn't want to go through it again with the second and backed out and got banned. I don't care about my rank and what backing out will do to it, I just don't want to get banned for choosing not to waste 10 minutes of my life dying over and over again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@@DrGoodBaller

So I enjoyed the last year of H5 more than the majority of people here (just when I felt like I couldn't go on with AR+radar any more the settings changed and I started having a lot more fun playing the game); I enjoy the 2018 comp settings enough so that I actually wouldn't mind another year of H5 instead of a year of H3. But you can't just ignore the desire for a classic Halo game. Hell, my entire defense of Halo 5 has been centered around the line "it might not be a good Halo game, but the 2018 settings do make it a pretty good competitive shooter".

I would much rather have C2, H2, or H2A as the classic Halo game we move to, H3 is my least favorite to play of the classic style Halo games, but it makes too much sense to have H3 be the new game to go about approaching the demand for it as something that's just nostalgia driven. It's team-driven with good maps and solid gameplay and from a marketing perspective (eSports driven by developers is there to promote the game/franchise) it's by far and away the best game to support in a build up to Infinite, especially with Infinite so far out. Could anyone honestly say that if competitive Halo was grassroots driven like Melee (and wasn't driven by eSports) H3 wouldn't already have retaken the spot of main tournament game?

If you have anything constructive to say or debate regardign H5 or H3 I'm sure that there are plenty of people here willing to hear you out, but you're not adding anything to the conversation. I'm tempted to just ignore all your posts, but thought I'd give you the courtesy of attempting to see if you had anything to say before doing so. Having a post thanking Tashi and 343 for what they did with H5 because you enjoyed their efforts is great and in and of itself that's nothing to neg rep anyone on, but trying to dismiss everyone else without actually making a reasoned argument about things is just whining.

Excellent reply. You have my respect and whole I don't share the same opinions of you you have my respect.

What's funnier is that there aren't any pro Halo 5 players on here whining about broken gameplay and the need for "Classic Halo." If there were than the argument against mine might hold a little weight.

Because they're enjoying H3.

What's your argument?

What's funny is Halo 5 tourneys are wildly entertaining to watch.

dude they complain on twitter about needing a classic halo all the time. Can we get a ban on this troll? he comes in an say classic halo being good is a myth, disregards twitter as proof (but somehow beyond it more classy), and with his first comment since the acc's been inactive for 5 years states he wants a h4 competitive playlist at the end of it just to rustle a few more jimmies. his avatar is of a grinch. is this type of behavior welcomed here?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a huge fan on Halo 3. I've made that clear many times. I'm not stoked with the Grassroots program either, which I have also made clear multiple times.

But I'll be damned if I don't at least try to watch this UGC Halo 3 Tournament. I don't care if its CE, 2, 2A or 3, just as long as I won't see players sprinting around corners to escape, or thrusting, sliding and ground pounding people in a mess of oversaturated colours and flashy, pointless medals for literally any action you perform during a game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1